• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Antagonising another member and accusations of shilling
Once again Publishers decide what games they will allow on the service and on what platforms and they view PC and Xbox differently. The rest of your post is lame and meaningless in the context of this specific situation.
You can't possibly be this disingenuous, I'll take it full time astroturfing leaves little time for reading comprehension.

The presence of a game in GP is a deal between 2 parties, one of them being MS. Of course publishers may view console and pc differently, that doesn't mean the negotiation is beyond MS control, they would be the only ones to decide if the asking price is fair or too high for pc, console or both.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
You can't possibly be this disingenuous, I'll take it full time astroturfing leaves little time for reading comprehension.

The presence of a game in GP is a deal between 2 parties, one of them being MS. Of course publishers may view console and pc differently, that doesn't mean the negotiation is beyond MS control, they would be the only ones to decide if the asking price is fair or too high for pc, console or both.

2 million Game Pass PC users
8 million Game Pass console users

an open ecosystem (PC)
a closed ecosystem (Xbox One)

Having parity between PC and console would cost MS a fortune, sadly enough. I hope they get there very soon, but I don't think it'll happen. Rockstar would never throw Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC Game Pass only a few months after the PC launch for example.

It's your choice to subscribe or not. Currently, it's not worth it for you. That's great. But it doesn't mean PC Game Pass is losing. It's half the price and has a different offering.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't get your accusations of "full time astroturfing". Can we please stop with this childishness?

You're right that the deals may encompass a publisher asking too much for both PC and console and MS only willing to pay for console in that specific regard. However it still points to the differences publishers see in PC and Xbox and treating them as two different platforms. Ultimately we're not going to know all the details that occur in every negotiation for each game between every Publisher and MS. The only thing you can do is determine if the value of the overall month as a PC game pass member is worth your $5 dollars or not.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
2 million Game Pass PC users
8 million Game Pass console users

an open ecosystem (PC)
a closed ecosystem (Xbox One)

Having parity between PC and console would cost MS a fortune, sadly enough. I hope they get there very soon, but I don't think it'll happen. Rockstar would never throw Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC Game Pass only a few months after the PC launch for example.

It's your choice to subscribe or not. Currently, it's not worth it for you. That's great. But it doesn't mean PC Game Pass is losing. It's half the price and has a different offering.
Don't they have a lot of money? I don't get it, if they want more users on GP PC then make it more attractive, it's not rocket science. Maybe we didn't get RDR2 but throw us some bone with something equally as big, or raise the price. How can they know this if people don't raise their voice?

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Darksiders Genesis and Man of Medan both being console only is super disappointing. Not surprising for the latter, as previous Namco Bandai games on Game Pass have been console-only as well, but Darksiders III is on PC...

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
Don't they have a lot of money? I don't get it, if they want more users on GP PC then make it more attractive, it's not rocket science. Maybe we didn't get RDR2 but throw us some bone with something equally as big, or raise the price. How can they know this if people don't raise their voice?
It's still in beta, if that's any consolation. I'm just as disappointed as you are, as I subscribe to PC Game Pass as well. Hopefully they increase their offerings there.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Also pc costs half of Xbox gamepass. I don't get the parity thing, there is also stuff on pc gamepass that's not on console

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Sure. They could do it if they threw money against the wall. But it's a beta service they are still improving (remember, the store is still horrible) and I'm happy to pay a beta price while still being able to play 80-90% of the games they put on the service.

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
Great month! Definitely playing Darksiders. Xeno Crisis looks cool too. Might play through FF7 again as well.

Need to run through DMC5 first tho.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Is man of Medan good? Is it less campy than Until dawn or is it the same tone?

It's the same type of game somewhat - less exploration though, pretty campy as in mirrors a hollywood horror movie. The first part is pretty bad, have to push through the intro boat scene it gets better later.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I never did make it past the first few hours of DmC 5. I think it was maybe just a tad overhyped because it wasn't quite as amazing as I expected it to be. Or, rather, I think I just didn't have the time to dedicate to mastering the combat system. I do appreciate how much creative agency it gives to the player once all of the combos and moves are unlocked, and how much fun it must be to truly master the combat system. I just didn't have the energy and time to sink into that endeavor.

Anyway. Looking forward to Battle Toads and the flight sim.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Trailmakers is real fun among friends. Setting challenges to try and build vehicles with certain utilities is a real blast.

Slowly unlocking stuff in story mode co op is fun as as well. Only downside is progress issues for people who miss a sesh or aren't near certain pickups at the time they're picked up.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
the difference there is that most (all?) of the games that are only on PC game pass don't have Xbox versions
So they don't count or what ?
PC Game pass will eventually go up. Since it's in the "beta" it's a special of $4.99.
Yes and when that happens, let's see how the situation is. As long the value is there and the games not on pc will be matched by games not on console, it's fine imo

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Do Man of Medan and Darksiders Genesis have Windows Store versions?
don't think that's terribly meaningful, pretty sure a number of Game Pass PC games hadn't been available on the Windows Store prior to being added to Game Pass

somebody who pays more attention to the Windows Store than me can feel free to correct me, though

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I have Darksiders Genesis and can only play it on Geforce Now and 1 hour at a time now since I unsubbed...it kept buffering or saying my connection was bad in a pop up window so I gave up on it...I was enjoying it though...should be perfect on the 1X...

Interested in Medan also...

Jan 4, 2018
The only two I want are console only!? Yay Game Pass Ultimate...
I take from your comment you don't have an Xbox console?

Then... why pay for GPU instead of 5€/$ for just PC?
Someone at MS must really really believe in the incredibly tired 90's stereotype that pc gamers are mostly only into sim and strategy games of the densest kind. I swear almost every PC only GP title belongs to one of those categories. Also in most cases they're MS titles which means they eventually go on console too like Gears Tactics or Flight Simulator, yet where is pc DMV (already leaving console) or Outer Wilds (no longer Epic exclusive)? Don't worry, probably not nerdy enough for pc gamers anyway .. :P
I'm a 90's stereotype! hahahah
Sorry I laugh because to me my PC is exclusively for sims, crpg and strategy games, so in my case GP for PC gives me exactly what I want

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Then... why pay for GPU instead of 5€/$ for just PC
Just so youre aware:

GpU pc also gives you "perks". For example, I just got postmates delivery for free (3months). It also gives you in game perks to for f2p games like pso2/Warframe. But not all perks are game related. Some are for food, etc.

Disclaimer: I dont have a dog in this race. I am disappointed tho.

Jan 4, 2018
I used to have an X but sold it at the start of the year.

And I took them up on the deal for transferring all my Gold into Ultimate for $/£1 when Ultimate was first announced.
Well, you might be able to at least stream them to a phone or tablet in the near future? 😅
Just so youre aware:

GpU pc also gives you "perks". For example, I just got postmates delivery for free (3months). It also gives you in game perks to for f2p games like pso2/Warframe. But not all perks are game related. Some are for food, etc.

Disclaimer: I dont have a dog in this race. I am disappointed tho.
I... don't know what postmates is hahah
Here in France it just gives things for Warframe (PSO2 wasn't available here until like today I think) and World of tanks, World of Warships... but I never thought of it as something deserving picking GPU for

Oh! And 3 months of Spotify premium (not 6 like in the US...)

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Finally, FFVII is arriving, time to sink countless hours into that. I'd never heard of Darksiders Genesis before, but keen to try it out.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
IIRC, Darksiders 3 came first on console GP then PC. So there's a chance Genesis might come later, though it's a bit strange since Genesis was released on PC a couple months before consoles...

Last edited:

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Has any game left and came back to game pass? Asking as I eye DMC, but probably too late to start.

Oh, and everyone should play Yoku - pinball metroidvania! (the second half drags a bit, but still very charming and very worth a look)

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
PC Game Pass again.

sAR3Rhg.jpg