• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if i should play Wasteland 2 before the third game or just jump straight to the newest. It's a pretty long game and i've already got more than enough games i'm currently playing.

Tell Me Why and Battletoads are both interesting me and i might check them out if i can make time.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Only really interested in Darksiders Genesis, but as always the sweetest deal is console exclusive. Getting tiring..

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was just getting an itch to play FFVII. I didn't really want to buy it again, since I own the OG disk and a Vita digital version, but this is great timing!

bigbusiness

Lead Editor @ The Punished Backlog
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
United States
Know I could look it up, but are any of these ID@Xbox games new releases? Just curious if they're known quantities, or if they have potential to be surprising hits.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
I was sure that Darksiders genesis would come to Gamepass but console only? I'm sad :(
Also if it's released on PC later, I'll play solo.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
YES DARKSIDERS GENESIS. Have been THIS close to buying it on the Stadia store for so long. Saved me some dosh there.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Gotta finish DMCV.

Big in on FFVII HD - I want to revisit that before playing the 2020 remake - and I'm interested in checking out Man of Medan.

There's a Sea of Thieves GPU perk this month too, the Nightshine Parrot Bundle including cosmetics for your character and ship, and 10,000 gold. Not too exciting compared to the previous Ori cosmetics perk w/ Ultimate. I wish Ultimate would pay out a modest amount of Ancient Coin for SoT every month.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is Final Fantasy 7 worth playing for someone who never played it before?

It's story and especially cloud as a protag actually hold up very well imo (though I played with a patch/mod that cleaned up the translation). Gameplay is a bit weird. Some people swear by it, but I thought it was incredibly boring for like half the game (like 15 to 20 hours) and only later do you get enough possibilities to make it interesting.

I'd say it's definitely worth trying at least. It's a classic for a reason.

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
I am excited to see the influx of impressions (good or bad) from DS:G. Have fun y'all!

Oct 25, 2017
So GP PC stays losing... Because they get the higher budget games? Or because they get games you don't like?

Because the selection is inferior and it remains tied to an often-broken software interface.

Whenever a game that I actually have interest in comes to gamepass, it's console only. I'm not going to go out of my way to praise PC gamepass until it's about the same as the console library.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Someone at MS must really really believe in the incredibly tired 90's stereotype that pc gamers are mostly only into sim and strategy games of the densest kind. I swear almost every PC only GP title belongs to one of those categories. Also in most cases they're MS titles which means they eventually go on console too like Gears Tactics or Flight Simulator, yet where is pc DMV (already leaving console) or Outer Wilds (no longer Epic exclusive)? Don't worry, probably not nerdy enough for pc gamers anyway .. :P

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Someone at MS must really really believe in the incredibly tired 90's stereotype that pc gamers are mostly only into sim and strategy games of the densest kind. I swear almost every PC only GP title belongs to one of those categories. Also in most cases they're MS titles which means they eventually go on console too like Gears Tactics or Flight Simulator, yet where is pc DMV (already leaving console) or Outer Wilds (no longer Epic exclusive)? Don't worry, probably not nerdy enough for pc gamers anyway .. :P
Yeah, we want some of this AAA pie too, you know 😋

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a silly post. MS is adding extra from their first party to PC with Gears Tactics and MS Flight Simulator. Y'know something in their actual control.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Really good month for me. Theres 7 damned games I want to play from the total lineup of what we know.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Haven't heard of most of these but I skimmed the trailers for all of them and they all look great. Excited to try them all out.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing month, so many games I have been wanting to play.

Being able to play Darksiders Genesis, Trailmakers, Xenocrisis; UnderMine; MSFS2020; Tell Me Why; Battteltoads; Wasteland 3 and Crusader Kings 3 for $15< is unbelievable.

I will never stop singing the praise of this service.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I play Darksiders Genesis before playing any other Darksiders games and still understand the story?

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
What a silly post. MS is adding extra from their first party to PC with Gears Tactics and MS Flight Simulator. Y'know something in their actual control.
I'm so sorry my silly post interrupted for a moment your ceaseless creation of MS threads and content in Resetera. Please don't mind me my dear banjo man, I'm sure MS has absolutely no control over who gets what in GP outside of first party.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry my silly post interrupted for a moment your ceaseless creation of MS threads and content in Resetera. Please don't mind me my dear banjo man, I'm sure MS has absolutely no control over who gets what in GP outside of first party.
Once again Publishers decide what games they will allow on the service and on what platforms and they view PC and Xbox differently. The rest of your post is lame and meaningless in the context of this specific situation.

Oblonsky307

Nov 30, 2017
Man of Medan is cool and people should definitely check it out. A very unique coop experience. Just a shame it's so buggy.

Looking forward to having a go at Darksiders.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Gears Tactics isn't dense at all though. Just like Minecraft Dungeons was a very low barrier version of an ARPG.

I'd say they've tried to make these genres as accessible as they could.