• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
TW_ComingSoon_MixedPlatform_10.13.jpg

news.xbox.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition, Cricket 19, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, and More - Xbox Wire

We have new games, we have classics, we’ve even got games on your consoles, on your PCs and on your Android devices. It’s not literally raining games (because that would hurt), but what I’m saying is that there are a lot of games. Coming Soon Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (PC) – October...

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (PC) - October 15
Heave Ho (PC) - October 15
Katana Zero (Android, Console, PC) - October 15
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Console and PC) - October 15
The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse (PC) – October 15
ScourgeBringer (Console) – October 21
Cricket 19 (Console) – October 22
Supraland (Console) – October 22

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (PC) – October 15
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition completes the celebration of one of the most beloved real-time strategy franchises in definitive form. Command mighty civilizations from across Europe and the Americas or jump to the battlefields of Asia in stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics and with a fully remastered soundtrack. Experience two new game modes: including all previously released expansions and 14 civilizations, plus two brand new civilizations – the Swedes and Inca. Return to adventure with this final chapter in the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition journey.

Heave Ho (PC) ID@Xbox – October 15
Grab one another's hands, climb across dangling bodies, and swing your pals to safety in a wobbly, dangly mass of limbs. Heave Ho tasks up to four players with a simple goal: don't fall to your death! Players will use their own two hands and the outstretched grip of their friends to grapple across each level on their way to victory. Customize your character with stylish accessories in a vain attempt to remember which of your hands is the only thing between you and the plummet of doom.

Katana Zero (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – October 15
A stylish neo-noir, action-platformer featuring breakneck action and instant-death combat. Slash, dash, and manipulate time to unravel your past in a beautifully brutal acrobatic display. Each level is uniquely designed for countless methods of completion. Defeat foes creatively, using spontaneous approaches to eliminate your enemy as you see fit.

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Console & PC) – October 15
The fate of two friends will collide in an epic journey that threatens the existence of the world in Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition! A power struggle begins with a civilization dependent on an ancient technology, the Blastia, and the Empire that controls it. Relive the most beloved "Tales of" title beautifully remastered in HD with new playable characters, new stories, and more special attacks!

The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse (PC) – October 15
A compact action RPG that creates a unique adventure for each new hero of legend in the relentless fight against the evil Mormo. Explore a delightful but dangerous overworld, brave menacing dungeons, and improve your hero in a charming village, during your quest to overcome the evil that plagues the island. Grab a co-op friend for an unforgettable adventure filled with delightful characters, extraordinary loot, and heroic battles!

ScourgeBringer (Console) ID@Xbox – October 21
From the developers of NeuroVoider, ScourgeBringer is a fast-paced free-moving roguelite platformer, much like a crossbreed between Dead Cells and Celeste. Set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious entity wreaked havoc on all humanity, ScourgeBringer puts you in the shoes of the deadliest warrior of her clan: Kyhra. Help her explore the unknown and slash her way through ancient machines guarding the seal of her past, and maybe the redemption of humanity.

Cricket 19 (Console) – October 22
The official game of the 2019 Ashes Championship is the complete cricket simulation. Featuring a suite of exciting all-new features that add even greater depth and rich new content to Big Ant Studios' acclaimed cricket engine. Tackle historical scenarios for classic matches through the ages, develop the career of a junior right through to national captaincy. Participate in the fully-licensed Ashes Cricket mode, or lead your nation to the greatest world championship in the classic 50-over one day mode.

Supraland (Console) ID@Xbox – October 22
Save the red-stick figure village in this hit first-person, open-world, action-puzzle platformer. Roam and explore a grand interconnected world, unlock new versatile abilities, and combine them to overcome imaginative puzzles or uncover shrouded secrets. Defeat charging hordes in fast, frenetic first-person combat as you battle your way for an audience with the Blue King. Supraland is the ultimate "sandbox" adventure game and offers players of all ages a unique take on puzzles, exploration, and adventure!

Leaving 10/30:
After Party (Console)
LEGO Star Wars III (Console)
Rise & Shine (Console)
Tacoma (Console & PC)
The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game (Console & PC)
The Red Strings Club (PC)

Last edited:

Stormblessed

Feb 21, 2019
Heard awesome things about Supraland. Love a good first person Metroidvania. Hopefully it stays long enough for me to play it when my Series X gets here next month!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
HEAVE HO IS THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD, PLAY IT WITH FRIENDS/SIGNIFICANT OTHERS

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Definitely gonna check out Supraland and Scourgebringer. Those who haven't played Katana Zero yet...you're in for a treat.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Hope this doesn't come across as port beggining, but I hope one day they but the AoE games on Xbox, even if they mandated KB+M or whatever.

Also excited to finally check out Vesperia I've never played it but almost grabbed the remaster a couple of times.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I was legit about to buy katana zero on Sunday for switch. I had it in my cart and everything. Went with paper mario instead. Looks like I made the right call.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Does Vesperia run at 60fps on Xbox One? I can only recall very vaguely but I kinda remember that PS4 Pro may have been the only 60fps version on console? Or am I mistaken?

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Tales of Vesperia? That's an awesome game, I would have loved that if I hadn't finished twice already (360 and switch). Hoping more jrpgs are coming :)

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, never got the chance to play Afterparty, but it's leaving at the end of October.

It's in my backlog, and I absolutely will play it at some point, but I'm in the middle of other games that have priority right now.

I'll have to buy it when I get to it. I loved Oxenfree and I'm looking forward to Afterparty.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Katana Zero yet so that's nice. Need to play Tacoma before it leaves. Only one game being available for streaming is quite awful. Hope this will be an exception.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Welp, never got the chance to play Afterparty, but it's leaving at the end of October.

It's in my backlog, and I absolutely will play it at some point, but I'm in the middle of other games that have priority right now.

I'll have to buy it when I get to it. I loved Oxenfree and I'm looking forward to Afterparty.
It can be knocked out fairly quickly. It's only maybe 7 hours or so? Depending on how much you explore? Interesting game.

I'm feeling this drop. Other than Cricket (didn't we just have a cricket game?) down to try all of the above. Thanks Xbox for giving me ways to not buy every fall release.

Who am I kidding? (*buys them all anyway*)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any rhyme or reason about what kind of games will be available on Android via streaming ?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any rhyme or reason about what kind of games will be available on Android via streaming ?

I presume they have to ok it with the publishers as it would probably technically count as redistributing on a platform that they didn't license it for.

See Geforce Now's problems with every major publisher under the sun removing their games from the service despite it just streaming them from Steam.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I had a feeling that katana zero would come to gp so held off buying it on steam. Good to be a patient gamer

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I presume they have to ok it with the publishers as it would probably technically count as redistributing on a platform that they didn't license it for.

See Geforce Now's problems with every major publisher under the sun removing their games from the service despite it just streaming them from Steam.
Nope. It's up to the dev/publisher.
That's weird since I thought every Xbox game had to allow xCloud support and MS mandated it. Surprised to see that they can't opt out of it.

It makes sense but I hope this is gonna be more of an exception than the norm once xCloud comes to regular PC browsers.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before - I have Game Pass Ultimate - does that mean I can play Age of Empires III - or is that only if you have Game Pass PC?

Thanks

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Holy shit on the Tales game! I own the original 360 version and never did finish it. This is going to be great to play this version on PC!

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.

Make sure you set aside some time for it. Going through once will only take a handful of hours, but there are multiple paths to completion.