• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
New to Game Pass:

Day Z and RDR2 - May 7th
FF9 - May 14th
Fractured Minds - May 19th

Leaving Game Pass:

GTA V - May 7
Black Desert, Doom, Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game*, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, Metal Gear Survive, The Banner Saga, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - May 15

*That's its title apparently

news.xbox.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for Console: Red Dead Redemption 2, Day Z, Final Fantasy IX, and More - Xbox Wire

Howdy! Okay, I don’t really say howdy that often, but you might be adding it to your lexicon shortly after playing one of these games. We have a great refresh to your gaming priority list, so let’s jump in. Coming Soon DayZ (ID@Xbox) – May 7An unforgiving, authentic, open world game where each...

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
oh hey look while everyone is replaying ff7 and the remake gamepass subscribers can play the best final fantasy

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
They are doing really well towards convincing me to pay for a monthly internet service for the first time.

Edit: Nvm I thought this was the PC one.

Certainly a better offering than PS Plus and PS Now.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Aw these are console only.

I'm hoping the FF games come to Game Pass for PC

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I actually been wanting to replay FFIX and was considering buying it. Great timing

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Ffix is brilliant. Although not as good as some will make out!
RDR2 is the standout here, what a game.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass stays too good. I actually managed to finish all the older stuff I was interested in on the service early this year but every month there are multiple new additions that I want to play. The backlog stays losing while I throw all my engagement at my Xbox.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Man I keep getting these 1$ gamepass deals, I'll be sad when they'll stop doing those but holy crap was it worth it. Guess I'm playing RDR2 after Streets of Rage 4.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
A Final Fantasy game
In a digital format
On a Microsoft console
Included in a subscription service

This is like the complete opposite of ecosystem-specific, exclusive physical goods and it couldn't make me happier.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In for RDR2 for sure. Never been a fan of this developer's games so it'll be nice just to give it a try at the very least like I did with GTAV safe in the knowledge that even if I dislike it it's no skin off my nose.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Monthly reminder that new stuff gets added throughout the month. It's not one drop.

In April they announced five games at the start of the month. This is what we ended up with throughout the month...
  • Nier Automata
  • Journey to the Savage Planet
  • Yakuza Kiwami - Day One with Xbox Game Pass
  • Streets of Rage 4 - Day One with Xbox Game Pass
  • Deliver Us The Moon - Day One with Xbox Game Pass
  • Gato Roboto - Day One with Xbox Game Pass
  • Gears Tactics - Day One with Xbox Game Pass
  • HyperDot
  • Levelhead
  • The Long Dark
  • Machinarium
  • Alien Isolation
  • Football Manager 2020
  • Stranger Things 3 The Game
  • Mistover
  • Alvastia Chronicles
  • Totally Reliable Delivery Service - Day One with Xbox Game Pass
  • Overcooked 2

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Will definitely be trying Fractured Minds.

The other three games don't really intrigue me, though I've been meaning to play a jRPG, it's just that FFIX is so bright and cheery and I'd rather have something less happy, like Nier: Automata.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Did they announce previously that those games were leaving? Because every PSNow thread there are users here that repeat ad eternum that they dont like that some games have limited time availability bla bla bla and that they prefer GP for that... when in fact games also leave the GP library.

I wish RDR2 was on PSNow though :( expecting it there once it leaves GP in a few months.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Will definitely be trying Fractured Minds.

The other three games don't really intrigue me, though I've been meaning to play a jRPG, it's just that FFIX is so bright and cheery and I'd rather have something less happy, like Nier: Automata.
Are you sure man? You might remembering it wrong

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Did they announce previously that those games were leaving? Because every PSNow thread there are users here that repeat ad eternum that they dont like that some games have limited time availability bla bla bla and that they prefer GP for that... when in fact games also leave the GP library.

I wish RDR2 was on PSNow though :( expecting it there once it leaves GP in a few months.

Games leave every month, they always have done. Never first party games though. You'll never see Halo 5 get added with a 3 month timer on it. It's just third party stuff that cycles in and out. They don't put timers on them when they're added because, by and large, they're there for a long time. We've started to see some massive games be fairly time limited (I think GTAV was the shortest at 4 months) but most games stick around for at least a year. They announce what's leaving about a month before they go.

I think the pushback to the PS Now time limits are when they have things like Persona 5 appear with a 3 month time limit. It's a 100+ hour game. You needed to play at least one hour eveery day that it was on the service or you wouldn't finish it. That just felt bad from the first day it hit the service. They've started doing longer ones now though. Siege this month is six months.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Game Pass has no monthly rhythm of adding new stuff.

This is just the next "Coming soon" wave. Game Pass releases multiple waves of new games per month.

Game Pass Ultimate on average added 15 games per month during the last three months, not including the 4 Games with Gold. The stuff they announced today is only the next wave, with more to come in May, including Minecraft Dungeons.

Last edited:

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I've been pining to play FFVII through Game Pass with all the Remake hype, but I'll happily take IX. IX was my first FF as a child.

From FFXV to IX - this is not the order I expected the Final Fantasy series to come to Game Pass.

m23

Oct 25, 2017

There is a "Leaving Soon" category in Gamepass. First party games don't leave though.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Games leave every month, they always have done. Never first party games though. You'll never see Halo 5 get added with a 3 month timer on it. It's just third party stuff that cycles in and out. They don't put timers on them when they're added because, by and large, they're there for a long time. We've started to see some massive games be fairly time limited (I think GTAV was the shortest at 4 months) but most games stick around for at least a year. They announce what's leaving about a month before they go.

I think the pushback to the PS Now time limits are when they have things like Persona 5 appear with a 3 month time limit. It's a 100+ hour game. You needed to play at least one hour eveery day that it was on the service or you wouldn't finish it. That just felt bad from the first day it hit the service. They've started doing longer ones now though. Siege this month is six months.
didnt know about the leaving soon category, thats fair enough then

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Gamepass PC games: Endless Legend, Final Fantasy IX, Halo Master Chief Collection: Halo 2

PC_XGP_ComingSoon.jpg

Link

Oct 27, 2017
FF9 is cool, I may try it. But gta v leaving is very soon right? Like 4 months? Seems like it undoes some of the impact it had. That's very quick to leave. I imagine RDR2 may leave soon then too.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Tried to fit the PC games into the title without completely butchering it. I'd say I was 40% successful. Sorry Punished Dan