• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Also, I'd like to point out that Control is a showpiece even in Xbox One X form, before we get the Series X version. Gorgeous, and sometime stupidly detailed game.

Check out the old random TVs in one of my shots, you can even see the buttons and Audio Video plugs are rendered in super detail.

Landy828-Control-20201201-04-17-57.png

Landy828-Control-20201201-04-35-22.png

Landy828-Control-20201130-04-53-25.png

Landy828-Control-20201201-04-34-38.png

5ee5bd5f-4818-4b97-822b-c642f039ba5e.png

5227687a-6ac1-413c-bdc6-ad7d6b652a15.png

I just started it this week, love it!

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
This is insane. In for Doom Eternal, Monster Sanctuary, Haven, Call of the Sea, Unto the End and i suppose Phogs that it was coming but doesn't appear on that list. Plus Cyberpunk, gosh.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That's one hell of a month. Just bought Greedfall on Steam yesterday and am tempted to refund now. Excited to try Dragon Quest 11 and might play through Yooka-Laylee and the Imposdible Lair again, though I've already completed it on PC. Such a great game.

Oct 25, 2017
Too many games.

We have a big list of games coming at you, and to sweeten the deal for those that haven't tried Xbox Game Pass Ultimate yet, for a limited time starting December 3 you can get your first three months for $1!
How does this work for someone who just got Game Pass PC for $1? Could I re-up on December 3 with Ultimate (even though I don't have an Xbox) to effectively get Game Pass PC extended for 3 months?

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hm...should I keep my Control UE purchase for next gen features and DLC on PS5 or just play the basic one on xCloud? 🧐

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Glad they confirmed control is just base. Will buy the $20 Ultimate to get the DLC and next gen version

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Control Ultimate Edition is already available even though the next-gen patch is due to release next year.
You get the DLCs and other stuff.

OT: Nice month.
I meant the XS versions, I bought the release last week in anticipation of that version as it was on sale. But yes, you can play the "ultimate" Xbox One version today.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
insane line up. I want to try or replay most of these. Excited to mess with Control again, Superhot, yooka, and finally try slime rancher. dope!

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this makes me excited and confirms what I suspected with GP. Just immense value.
You get 4 new games straight up launching on gamepass. Thats wild. I didnt even know what monster sanctuary was.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
Feeling good about picking up Control UE last week now that it's confirmed the GamePass is the basic version.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
What's the reasoning behind things like Control not being on Gamepass for PC? Is it a licensing thing or something?

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, ridiculous lineup. I have to finish Valhalla, but really looking forward to DQXI. And have been eyeing Slime Rancher for a while, looking forward to Haven, Call of the Sea, Greedfall, and Starbound. If Yes Your Grace has touch controls, it may well be my bedtime game.

Think I'll wait for Control upgrade though.

Jun 22, 2018
What's the reasoning behind things like Control not being on Gamepass for PC? Is it a licensing thing or something?
Yeah, they have to work out an agreement with the publisher for each game. Sometimes they don't work out a deal for the PC version. Either the publisher doesn't want it to be included, or they demand too much money for it and Xbox isn't willing to pay.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Don't sleep on Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, it's one of the best platformers in a very long time! Inspired soundtrack too.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So rage 2 is only the streaming version then? If so, thats dumb. No thanks on that one. The rest are pretty solid

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Man, if I had infinite time I'd be in for Greedfall, DQ11, Haven, and Yooka-Laylee. As it is I'll probably try out Greedfall and play Yooka-Layla.

Perfectly content with my $20 spent on Control Ultimate, I'm saving it for Series X.

Quantum Break, is that you?

It has its moments where it absolutely looks like it. It's obvious it's a modified versions of the same engine. QB was beautiful in motion too.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to get the next gen update so glad I got the Ultimate edition of Control on sale.

But everything else, woof what an amazing month.

Dragon Quest
Call of the Sea
Greedfall

And this is only the first half of the month, Holy moly.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Insanity

How long do games typically stay on GP? I'm getting an XSX early next year.
A fair amount of time usually, probably 9 months is the average? The Rockstar games were the shortest at only 4 months but that was definitely the exception.

Anything made by MS or (presumably) Bethesda is permanent.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
One of the games I played through completely as we were testing the Series X was Control. Ran beautifully. My personal GOTY for last year. Don't sleep on it.

Damn, what a (half) month!

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
number of console-only games there is disappointing - it seemed like MS had cut down on those over the past few months

that said, sans the DLC i'd probably rather just buy Control on Steam

also, looks like MS forgot PHOGS!, which is out on Thursday: