• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I would play Control, but if the AW DLC is not included I'll just wait for a better sale.

505 is stingy af lol

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know where you've been looking, but I haven't seen many people say this. It's definitely one of the best jRPG's of this gen, and I highly recommend it.

My time with the Switch Demo and just various rumblings I've seen around in ResetEra in the Definitive Edition unveiling and a thread we had here a while back about "games that put you to sleep" or something close to it.

Here:
www.resetera.com

Games that (literally) put you to sleep

I remember playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team (fitting eh) and falling asleep minutes after. It was almost like magic I swear. I'd say it was a mix of the game being super boring and having chill music. What's your sleep inducing games?

DQXI is mentioned at least three times in the first page alone.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Greedfall? Hell yeah! That's been on my Steam wishlist for awhile now, and I was totally gonna buy and play that when I went through more of my backlog. Excited to play that now!

Haven, Call of the Sea, Dragon Quest and Control all look interesting as well, though I am slightly disappointed that Control is console/streaming only as I would prefer to play that with keyboard and mouse, but I am happy it is being added at all.

Does beg the question of how long negotiations are, seeing as how Phil casually mentioned Control as a game pass addition some time last year in an interview
I doubt it's down the length of time for negotiation, rather that they / the publisher schedules it

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Was holding out faint hope it was the ultimate edition of Control but I'm not surprised. I might just pick it up since I already played base Control on the PS4.

Awesome first half of the month otherwise though. Glad I held off The Impossible Liar and Yes, Your Grace. Haven, Call of the Sea, and Unto the End also look interesting. Also, if you haven't played Va-11 Hall-A, please do so. It is fantastic.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
I've been curious about Va-11 Hall-A, so I'll be giving that a try for sure.

Really excited for Doom Eternal. I bought it at launch and played it on One X, but now I have a PC that can run it and I'm itching to jump back in.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
holy shit this is a great month. Haven, Superhot, Yooka Yaylee Impossible Lair, Call of the Sea, and Unto the End will all be played

DQXI, Doom, and Control are all great for people who haven't played them

Jan 4, 2018
Wait, what happened to the Final Fantasy games though? They were supposed to come out in 2020...

All these games:
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XV

This isn't the full December list, so there's still a chance it's coming in the second December batch.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
LOL at 505 Games locking 60fps/Ray Tracing behind the Ultimate edition, then putting the regular edition on GamePass.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Ohhh, Yooka Laylee! Cool, wanted to play it because I like 2d platformera but never got around to buying it. Cool.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Every month there is something interesting. Heard this Yooka-Laylee is actually good and I love the style of platformer. Some other things I'm interested in too but we'll see if I have time. Control and DQ11 are awesome too.

Jan 4, 2018
(only for new GPU members)

for those that haven't tried Xbox Game Pass Ultimate yet, for a limited time starting December 3 you can get your first
three months for $1! That's all the games we already have, plus everything coming soon here below, all our Perks (like 30 days of Disney+!), and starting December 15 all the EA Play titles on PC as well. *Slaps roof of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate * You can fit a lot of games in here for just $1!

BF-CM_Wholistic-3for1-1920x1080-ALL.jpg

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
My time with the Switch Demo and just various rumblings I've seen around in ResetEra in the Definitive Edition unveiling and a thread we had here a while back about "games that put you to sleep" or something close to it.

DQXI is mentioned at least three times in the first page alone.

"Shrugs", well if you made a thread about the best jRPG's of this gen, DQ XI would have a lot more mentions than three I'm guessing. Eh, whatever.

Edit: What are the best current gen JRPGs & which ones in 2020 look really good? | ResetEra

Heh, just a google search yielded this. My post is there too lol.

So, basically, tastes differ.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Oh hell yes

Haven, Yooka Laylee and Greedfall will be mine

GamePass really is amazing

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
In for Yooka Leylee, Call of the Sea and Dragon Quest XI.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
How the fuck is the second December batch of games gonna compare to this lol. Jesus, so many amazing games to play that Control is at the bottom of my list. It's not my favorite Remedy game, though, so that helps lower it...but still.

Jesus what a (first half) of a month.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Just picked up Control on sale, but will keep it as it is the one with the next gen upgrade.

Will definitely be playing Dragon Quest and Call of the Sea. Think with all these games dropping I might try hold off playing Cyberpunk until the next gen patch.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why vanilla Control continues to exist. Its also available on the store for purchase. Its pretty fucking scummy to have it up and cost more than Ultimate edition.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing, gonna play Greedfall, DOOM Eternal and DQIIX, what a great month.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I've read Yooka-Laylee 2 being compared to the classic DKC trilogy, so yeah, can't wait to try it.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Va-11 Hall-A joins the list of games I wish were on xbox but aren't, but go game pass pc.. like disgaea and such.. sigh

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Oh wow, Dragon Quest XI S! Just finished this game on the Switch and thought it was fantastic. Any Xbox JRPG folks out there, don't miss it!

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
No need to wait for DQ you can play the demo and it transfers over. Seems to be long. Still trying to get my head round JRPGs. Really don't like the turn based combat. Would prefer DQ Builders 2 style combat.