• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
You know, a lot of people sat on their hands and said "don't feed the trolls" with GamerGate and we saw how that turned out. I thought at the very least, people could be informed about this ridiculous movement that's taking place in the world of comic books.

In a nutshell, angry comic book artists, including Ethan Van Sciver (former DC Green Lantern artist who was shitcanned for his Far Right views) and Jon Malin (former Marvel Cable artist) are developing their own "Alt-Right" comics that are making money via IndieGoGo/Kickstarter. Jawbreakers is the story of a band of mercenaries who hang out with an African woman wearing zero clothes and a black guy named "Cuffs" Here is a picture of their universe:

DhhwXIEUwAA6l2O.jpg

The defacto leader of this movement is "Diversity and Comics", aka Dylan Meyer,, aka a white dude sporting a nazi haircut who wouldn't know diversity if it bit him in the ass. He was recently featured on Jim Jeffries' show talking about how a white Superman just looks better:

So what is Comicsgate going after now? Well after complaining that the new She-Ra, a show designed for young girls, doesn't have big enough tits, they're now focusing their anger on, what else, the Muppet Babies.

Deleted member 11934

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really needed the laughs right now, thank you!

OMG is that rabbit president Trump in the background? This shit just keep giving

Oct 27, 2017
What's going on in the comic industry with these assholes is pretty bad. There hasn't been any eyes on it because comics aren't as widespread like video games so there's not enough people to care. These dudes are actively trying to push women out of their careers using targeted harassment campaigns. The thing is that this has been happening for awhile, it got worse during the Milkshake thing, and hasn't really gotten any better since.

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Is that guy on the far left shooting energy blasts out of his hand while holding a gun? Dude needs to choose, they kind of make each other redundant.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
"Shut up Ethan."
Is something that Geoff Johns' soul has probably been shouting at him for a good decade. At least I hope so.
Glad he's not at DC anymore at least.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know what, at least I can say that the good thing about this is that the outcry is a sign that they are losing influence, and that this is a desperate attempt to try to grasp onto what they have left.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Typical SJWs shoving in an unnecessary original female character into the Muppet Babies reboot. The original would have never stooped so low!!

L3XtvNh.png

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
Ethan Van Sciver is such a colossal piece of turd that I feel retroactively dirty for having ever enjoyed anything featuring his art.

Also, the saddest thing about his tweet isn't even his asinine opinion, it's that this misogynistic moron is raising a daughter.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Computer animated muppets? Now I've seen it all. Eh whatever, they were cartoons before so why not shitty 3D animation as well.

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
They are reading alot into the character of Summer that just isn't there (surprise).

She is a good character and fits in with the other muppet babies just fine.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Jawbreakers look so painfully generic. Like when superheroes go to an alternative earth and meet paper thin archtypes. They are no Great Society

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There are very few things funnier than how so many of these cultural battlegrounds revolve around media that is literally designed for babies lmao. It was bad enough when grown men were getting upset over Marvel and Pixar movies, but this is just absurd.

One of my favorite bits from Chapo Traphouse is in that episode where they're talking about Charles Krauthammer and this article he wrote about how the Berenstain Bears are ruining society and Felix is like "if you go back in time are there like Edmund Burke writings where he's mad about wooden horses?"

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are pouches and military vest standard issue clothes in alt-right cape comics?

Rob Liefeld would be proud. Or not. I don't know if he's cool with these nuts.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Those characters look generic as fuck. Not a single one of them looks interesting or stands out in any way.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
That tweet does not make sense about the Muppet. She apparently has no personality, but the guy goes on to call her bubbly, which is a term typically used to decribe someone's personality. He is upset just because she is a girl Muppet.

Oct 27, 2017
AFAIK Jawbreakers failed to secure any retail channels so it's kind of dead in the water beyond the production money it made. It's something but these scumbags are still making money through Patreon.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to pretend like EVS isn't a talented artist. That shit is corny.

But that means you can be a POS and be incredibly talented. Shame. I can't fuck with the guy if he's going to side with guys like Dylan "Fuck Face" Meyer.

How do you out generic Valiant

Ugh. Disgusting. :P Valiant was good while DC and Marvel were both figuring their shit out.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait wait wait new muppet babies?

That show was funnier than it had any right to be. Do they still do the old footage clips?

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Watching a Muppets show, with his daughter, and is triggered because they added a new female character?!

Fucking idiot.