• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is Peter Parkers (Spider-Man) best romantic partner?

• Felicia Hardy (Black Cat)

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Gwen Stacy (Vanilla version)

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Carlie Cooper (Non Goblin version)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird)

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Need some ideas for businesses to start for this management class group project. So far the group has proposed 3 ideas for businesses to start. First, a tech support truck service that will drive to people's houses and fix their electronic devices. So Geek Squad, in a truck. The 2nd idea is a store that sells clothing for plus sized people. Then the last idea is a drive thru only convenience/liquor store/Bodega.

TEP

Oct 25, 2017
I say I'm worried about shelf space, but I'm probably going to buy the Nichijou anniversary box set that's coming out.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Need some ideas for businesses to start for this management class group project. So far the group has proposed 3 ideas for businesses to start. First, a tech support truck service that will drive to people's houses and fix their electronic devices. So Geek Squad, in a truck. The 2nd idea is a store that sells clothing for plus sized people. Then the last idea is a drive thru only convenience/liquor store/Bodega.
vic we are not doing your homework for you

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
What about a website that sells comics and isn't Amazon?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
According to Hickman's Substack interview, Morrison has a novel coming and two tv shows

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Good DCBS haul this month. No way I'm getting through it before the next DCBS shipment arrives tho.

IMG_0754.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That Usagi Yojimbo collection looks really nice. Wonder when they are going to announce the next X-Factor omnibus volume. Feels like the PAD Hulk omnis were in the solicits pretty soon after the previous one released.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting that PAD's original X-Factor was only like 25 issues long. He got an entire do-over that lasted eight years off of that.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey if you link your CMX account to amazon it doesn't actually link if you use amazon.ca, the site for Canadians.

Only Americans use the internet.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CMX used to be cool. The new store is going to be a fucking shithole. If I have to pick comics one by one I don't even think I would have the motivation to get through an entire weekly pull.
Yeah I'm pretty glad my pull list is puny and inconsistent.

Unless the web reader gets revamped I might as well just download the PDFs of the stuff I have and start buying directly from the source if that's a thing I can do.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm pretty glad my pull list is puny and inconsistent.

Unless the web reader gets revamped I might as well just download the PDFs of the stuff I have and start buying directly from the source if that's a thing I can do.
I don't really read that much anymore, especially compared with the old days when I was spending $30+ weekly on this stuff. But it's still a nuisance having to buy everything individually. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I'll finally grab Harley Quinn Breaking Glass. Are any of the other DC YA graphic novels good? I own Mera and thought it was thoroughly okay, so I'm hoping there are at least some that are "good".

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Its usually a quote

I hate group projects. Just having to rely on people to do their part, who you know arent going to after the first day or so, is one of the most anxiety inducing thing a professor can do to a student. At least its my last semester.

Also have a badass history of Jazz class

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'll finally grab Harley Quinn Breaking Glass. Are any of the other DC YA graphic novels good? I own Mera and thought it was thoroughly okay, so I'm hoping there are at least some that are "good".

Breaking Glass is the only one that qualifies as good even if I didn't love it. The Picolo Teen Titans books are such a disappointment.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Good DCBS haul this month. No way I'm getting through it before the next DCBS shipment arrives tho.

IMG_0754.jpg
Do you actually have 24 other volumes of hellblazer?
I believe BKatastrophe really liked Primer.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Avengers Forever was a monthly, and ran for 12 issues, so it ran for 1 year.

The fuck at a 1 year long event >_>

edit: well not event per se, its stand alone, but still something that would be weekly these days or something (Heroes Reborn lasted what, 3 months? 4?)

May 24, 2019
Haven't read DC in a while. Any interesting Bats/WW standalones from the past couple of years or so?

Current WW's pretty good and James Tynion's wrapping up his Batman run in a lil bit so you could crush the whole thing in not too much time.

edit: Tom King's Batman is a bit spotty, but the highs were some of the best issues out there.
Mariko Tamaki's WW was okay.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The original Avengers Forever was just a limited series. Think they had Claremont do an X-Men Forever series after.

It was a great series though, especially if your looking for something with Kang/Immortus. But I assume the only thing the Aaron series will share is the name, along with the multiversal team

I did like that Marvel Timeless Roadmap they released. Using the MCU style Phase slate thing is a great idea. Even if the books dont end up being all that great, its neat knowing whats on the horizon.

Last edited:

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I really liked Breaking Glass. It's no Harleen (what is?) but it's a fun little standalone story with some great characters and cool art.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The Viz Star War High Republic Manga is out this week. The preview makes it look like its printed left to right tho.
www.viz.com

VIZ: Read a Free Preview of Star Wars: The High Republic: Edge of Balance, Vol. 1

In the aftermath of the Hyperspace Disaster, young Jedi Knight, Lily Tora-Asi is assigned to help displaced civilians relocate to Banchii, a newly inhabited planet in the Inugg system far in the outer rim. Banchii is the site of a new Jedi temple led by Master Arkoff, Lily’s Wookiee mentor, who...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
What sequel? Looks like he's only written one SW novel.
Yeah, what they do with Star Wars storylines like this is to have a group of writers that take turns. The sequel is actually called The Rising Storm by Cavan Scott. The next one in the series will be The Fallen Star by Claudia Gray. I've read Star Wars books from Claudia Gray before and can vouch that she's a solid writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.