• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
oh fuck I almost had a heart attack when my PC screen went black and I heard a device disconnect sound in Win10. Turns out the nvidia app just updated the video drivers.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The coolest thing you can find at a Taco Bell these days is a menu item that they havent pulled yet

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
remember Logan's hot claws?
the only important hot claws

Wolverine-Nightcrawler-2.jpg

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
catching up on Wednesday comics now, real fucked up Miles gets captured and tortured again.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also the whole Gaea-son thing for Thor seems very cool and also extremely important this event, I kind of don't get why it was a tie-in in the first place.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
catching up on Wednesday comics now, real fucked up Miles gets captured and tortured again.
Ahmed's schtick is apparently imprisoning and torturing characters.

The Assessor is a neat villain but I'm about to jump ship on this book. It doesn't feel like it's gone anywhere despite some things that should be major.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, yeah, I also haven't played 3D Land. Too bad that wasn't included. I'll have to borrow that from a friend some day. 3D World is my favorite 3D Mario, which I guess is a somewhat divisive statement among Mario fans? I have friends who love 64 more than anything and think 3D World is shit, so I have no clue how all the new players who didn't have a Wii U will react to it. Personally, I think it's extremely fun with great polish and tons of creative and different levels. I played it with so many friends I had over, and I think the multiplayer is really enjoyable and can result in many laughs.
I've enjoyed every single 3D Mario I've ever played. I never got to play Galaxy 2 or 3D Land, but I'd probably love em. Sunshine is probably my least favorite of the 3D Marios, but I could never place my finger on why. I think the camera was always the worst by a significant amount. Also I never quite grasped the movement at the time, but I've seen some speedrun stuff so I've been meaning to play it for awhile now.

Also Nintendo will release a second collection with Galaxy 2, 3D Land, 3D World

Rosenberg!!! [Shakes fist in the air]

Hear me out tho: Dora was legit
Question: Has Marvel ever put out a comic about all their monster characters teaming up? I swear I've heard of that before.
71xQnIkD8uL._AC_SL1025_.jpg

there's a weird twinge of misogny in that Black Panther thread on etc tbh.
If people can't flat out accept the simplest solution, then yes, they're a misogynist. It would fit within the established mythology of not only the film(s), but be a successful adaption of the comics. If that's not an acceptable enough solution, then yeah, they don't like women.
Also the whole Gaea-son thing for Thor seems very cool and also extremely important this event, I kind of don't get why it was a tie-in in the first place.
They never really reference it. Like Cap is easy. "Oh Cap showed up with all the Avengers." Thor though, has a major magic power up. They even overlapped with the FF tie-in.

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Doom Patrol, and I don't say this lightly, is practically fucking perfect

The Jane and Danny the Street episodes have been my favorites so far

May 24, 2019
Imagine if that UK Union Snake team showed up in the last issue and everyone thanked them for their vital contribution.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I finally watched Wonder Woman. Really liked it and I'm excited for the sequel that I will buy when it comes out on blu-ray because lmao at even going to a theater (and they're all closed here still anyways).

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

That's a heartwarming thing to read this morning.
I'm glad that Empyre mostly sticked the landing.
Although it would of been nice to see what on earth went on in that Thor tie in.

In other news. Land is tracing Fortnite characters now.
That's 2020 for ya.

land.png

Last edited:

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my collection. Posted it as a video so I don't spam the thread with like 20 photos. It doesn't have talking or anything so you don't have to listen. Just realized a couple of the photos are out of order, but oh well. They still show everything.

Can't remember if I have more books or less than last time I posted my collection. I've gotten rid of a decent amount, but I've also bought some. Probably pretty similar.

💖

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Just started reading the 1st Superman The Man of Steel collection, that collects his adventures starting with the relaunch after Crisis.
Its got a snazzy cover under the dust jacket.

Zombo-Droid-04092020133324.jpg

Now that's Superman! I Dont think there is one thing I would change about that costume.
And the first issue was a lot of fun. Even though it was a lifetime ago in 1986, it still feels timeless today.
And boy that John Bryne sure could draw a Superman.

Zombo-Droid-04092020134159.jpg

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a heartwarming thing to read this morning.
I'm glad that Empyre mostly sticked the landing.
Although it would of been nice to see what on earth went on in that Thor tie in.

In other news. Land is tracing Fortnite characters now.
That's 2020 for ya.

land.png
I think Land is crap and he's shady as fuck, but these don't seem like real traces to me as the poses are all slightly different.

May 24, 2019
Just because you move an arm or a gun doesn't make the work yours.
The Fortnite thing isn't a real big deal since he's just using their own material, but his recent Aliens omni cover is 100% egregious.
www.cbr.com

Aliens' Tristan Jones Accuses Greg Land of Plagiarizing Art for Marvel Omnibus

Tristan Jones accused Aliens Omnibus Vol. 1 cover artist Greg Land of copying his artwork for the new edition's cover.

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The Fortnite thing isn't a real big deal since he's just using their own material, but check out his recent Aliens omni cover.
www.cbr.com

Tristan Jones accused Aliens Omnibus Vol. 1 cover artist Greg Land of copying his artwork for the new edition's cover.
bleedingcool.com

Separated At Birth: Tristan Jones and Greg Land on Aliens

This is the new Marvel cover to the Aliens Omnibus by Greg Land, reprinting the Dark Horse Aliens tales in its first volume. But does it look a little
It's almost entirely stitched together from another Aliens artist's personal illustrations. a toy and a videogame.
It is utterly incredible how much Land has stolen over the years and seemingly never faced any consequences.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It says so much that like, no Marvel employees have mentioned this Aliens cover on social media. You 100% know that the vast majority of Marvel artists look at this and are pissed. This is completely ripping off another artist's work. But they're staying quiet, either out of fear of reprisal for dragging Marvel or because Land has friends in high places.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Quick question: I have the Aaron Thor Complete Collection Vol. 2 in front of me and Thor has become unworthy. What book do I need to get that story and is it recommended material? Do I get that stuff first or do I keep reading? Not the biggest comic buff, as you might notice.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Fortnite thing isn't a real big deal since he's just using their own material, but his recent Aliens omni cover is 100% egregious.
www.cbr.com

I agree that he's obviously a tracer. I just think that compared to the numerous other examples this Fortnite one registers as a tiny blip compared to the mountains of other much worse traces he's done over the years.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question: I have the Aaron Thor Complete Collection Vol. 2 in front of me and Thor has become unworthy. What book do I need to get that story and is it recommended material? Do I get that stuff first or do I keep reading? Not the biggest comic buff, as you might notice.
It happened in Original Sin but Original Sin is not worth reading. The short of it is that Thor is told something by Nick Fury that was so shocking he became unworthy. You don't find out what the secret was in Original Sin, it gets revealed years later in Aaron's Thor run.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I miss OG Nick Fury.
What is happening with that guy?
Is he still a Watcher on the moon or some nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.