• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
I dunno if I could read that Slaughterhouse Five comic before actually reading the Vonnegut novel. That just seems cosmically wrong.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
guess those black hammer tomes have got lemire addicted to hardcovers.

118676910_3251159351635901_1302011402512337802_n.jpg

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've got Crying of Lot 49 on my Kindle. I didn't get far in it. I gotta give that another go.
I just finished the book I was reading. Downloaded a few samples from Amazon to see what I want to pick up next. Tried American Dirt, and Mexican Gothic so far. Not really into either. Gonna check out Gideon the Ninth and The First Sister next.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Do you uh. Do you like what you're reading or have any thoughts on it or something

Genuine question, i've heard that name a lot of times but never know if it's any good or anything.
Yea, im enjoying it for the most part. Dystopian world where most of the human race was wiped out by a plague, the rest were either turned into cattle for vampires, or were in hiding. Theres an elite family in Japan that has somehow figured out how to bond demons to weapons, so they have enough power to fight the vampires. Then the series is about a boy who is clearly part angel, but is bonded with a demon after earning his cursed gear weapon, after escaping the vampires lol. Then it becomes about forming bonds with people and the uglyness of humanity and their greed. and human experimentation.

My biggest complaint so far is the fight scenes are over too fast and are sometimes hard to see whats going on.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
It was a series called Radical Skater Guardian X.
that seems rad i'll have to check it out

Yea, im enjoying it for the most part. Dystopian world where most of the human race was wiped out by a plague, the rest were either turned into cattle for vampires, or were in hiding. Theres an elite family in Japan that has somehow figured out how to bond demons to weapons, so they have enough power to fight the vampires. Then the series is about a boy who is clearly part angel, but is bonded with a demon after earning his cursed gear weapon, after escaping the vampires lol. Then it becomes about forming bonds with people and the uglyness of humanity and their greed. and human experimentation.

My biggest complaint so far is the fight scenes are over too fast and are sometimes hard to see whats going on.
huh that looks like a lot of magical nonsense but it does sound interesting

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
veWIJkj.jpg

Finished the first collection edition. This series is fantastic.

It constantly keeps you on your toes with plot developments, the pacing it great in that respect. All of the locations they go to are really interesting and there's alway some crazy sci-fi concept in there.

None of the cast feels under developed, they all got their own thing going on and are always advancing.

Can't wait to get volume 2 in to continue the story.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
stupid fun fact, guy that wrote that comic Chris Sims, also a writer on the Iron Man VR game that just came out.
Whoa, I hadn't thought about Chris Sims in awhile. I loved his articles on Comics Alliance, so I should check it out.

Speaking of skating, I think I have to get Tony Hawk tomorrow instead of Avengers. I spent sooo many hours playing 1 and especially 2 on my original PS and I'm so excited it has pretty much the entire soundtrack. I'm looking forward to losing track of time all over again.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
bluexy trying to remember if you've posted your collection before. Have you? If so, I want to see it again. I'm a collection fiend.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, The Boys season 2 is also doing the 3 episodes today, then 1 each week after. And they are taking a break midway through the season, but at least there will be some sort of movie inbetween.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
IST Restock Notice!

Hellboy Library Vol 2
Oblivion Song HC
Omega Men Dlx
Morbius Living Vampire Omnibus (Reg)
Amazing Spider-Man Straczynski Vol. 2 (Reg)
Amazing Spider-Man Straczynski Vol. 2 (Quesada DM)

bluexy trying to remember if you've posted your collection before. Have you? If so, I want to see it again. I'm a collection fiend.
I'll take a fresh pic in a minute!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Okay so my continuing Saga of reading Rebirth.

Action Comics and Superman, got to issues 37 of Superman and 999 of Action. For the most part really liked them. Didn't like the return of
Manchester Black. Mainly because I didn't like what they did to the setting the book was using. And Black's return should be bigger than that. But I said similar things about Eradicator and Doomsday.

Did like what they did with the continuity though.

However I'm reading Titans Rebirth and I'm confused. Issue 22 is the Brotherhood of Evil plot and then issue 23 has a new team and is continuing on a new story arch?

What am I missing?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Skottie Young has been and miss writing wise, his Deadpool felt uneven but his other books aren't bad.

May 24, 2019
However I'm reading Titans Rebirth and I'm confused. Issue 22 is the Brotherhood of Evil plot and then issue 23 has a new team and is continuing on a new story arch?

What am I missing?

From the Comixology issue description, #23 is spinning out of Justice League: No Justice, which is a miniseries Scott Snyder did to set up his Justice League series.
I don't remember what it did to set up the Titans team, if anything.

It also mentions Teen Titans #20. Maybe that's important.

edit: Oh. Titans Annual #2 comes between #22 and #23, if you missed it.

I didn't actually read any Titans or Teen Titans apart from Deathstroke crossovers, so that's all the help I got 😂

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Alright. Photos come with my routine fine print that I only put on the shelf the books that I've opened and read. Everything else I keep unceremoniously lined up in a very non-photogenic way, so I don't want to take pics of those. I'll just say that my backlog is about 70 books right now. As of my last count. RIP me. Oh yes, those empty shelves shall be filled.

Backlog includes all of Hellboy+BPRD, all of Sandman's Absolutes, a ton of Batman, a ton of Spider-Man, a ton of Daredevil, a bunch of X-Men, the rest of Brubaker, the 5 Johns Green Lanterns, all of the Terry Moore hardcovers. I'll get there. It'll all be shelved eventually.

That said...

dXvhBtn.jpg

7RlfscN.jpg
EWoY47d.jpg
RU64Uny.jpg

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
From the Comixology issue description, #23 is spinning out of Justice League: No Justice, which is a miniseries Scott Snyder did to set up his Justice League series.
I don't remember what it did to set up the Titans team, if anything.

It also mentions Teen Titans #20. Maybe that's important.
That will teach me to read the description.
Edit - And if I go to the actual series instead of searching each issue individually, I see Titans Annual is where #22 story continues.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I liked the newest Immortal Hulk volume. Xenmu went down too easily.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Alright. Photos come with my routine fine print that I only put on the shelf the books that I've opened and read. Everything else I keep unceremoniously lined up in a very non-photogenic way, so I don't want to take pics of those. I'll just say that my backlog is about 70 books right now. As of my last count. RIP me. Oh yes, those empty shelves shall be filled.

Backlog includes all of Hellboy+BPRD, all of Sandman's Absolutes, a ton of Batman, a ton of Spider-Man, a ton of Daredevil, a bunch of X-Men, the rest of Brubaker, the 5 Johns Green Lanterns, all of the Terry Moore hardcovers. I'll get there. It'll all be shelved eventually.

That said...

dXvhBtn.jpg

7RlfscN.jpg
EWoY47d.jpg
RU64Uny.jpg
Wonderful stuff. Great mix of DC, Marvel, and indie.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Damn, The Boys season 2 is also doing the 3 episodes today, then 1 each week after. And they are taking a break midway through the season, but at least there will be some sort of movie inbetween.
I keep forgetting that's tomorrow! Nice, I'll try and watch all 3 tomorrow. I'm really into Cobra Kai and have 3 or 4 episodes of the first season of that as well. Both shows went from something I had no interest in to being much, much better then I expected.

That said...

dXvhBtn.jpg

7RlfscN.jpg
EWoY47d.jpg
RU64Uny.jpg
That's a great collection, it gives me anxiety thinking about moving it though lol

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy #6 was pretty great. Positive depictions of mental health therapy do feel pretty rare in superhero comics.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting that's tomorrow! Nice, I'll try and watch all 3 tomorrow. I'm really into Cobra Kai and have 3 or 4 episodes of the first season of that as well. Both shows went from something I had no interest in to being much, much better then I expected.

That's a great collection, it gives me anxiety thinking about moving it though lol
i have a healthy collection of non-picture books that I've moved across state lines several times, so i'm definitely used to it. but with all these omnibus i'm def nervous about future moves. gonna be so many heavy boxes. if strongman aizo-san is having a tough time, i know I'll have it rough, too. I'll definitely need a uhaul cargo trailer. and to keep up with my ring fit back exercises, lol.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my collection. Posted it as a video so I don't spam the thread with like 20 photos. It doesn't have talking or anything so you don't have to listen. Just realized a couple of the photos are out of order, but oh well. They still show everything.

Can't remember if I have more books or less than last time I posted my collection. I've gotten rid of a decent amount, but I've also bought some. Probably pretty similar.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

That said...

dXvhBtn.jpg

7RlfscN.jpg
EWoY47d.jpg
RU64Uny.jpg
Ooooh yeah baby

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Here's my collection. Posted it as a video so I don't spam the thread with like 20 photos. It doesn't have talking or anything so you don't have to listen. Just realized a couple of the photos are out of order, but oh well. They still show everything.

Can't remember if I have more books or less than last time I posted my collection. I've gotten rid of a decent amount, but I've also bought some. Probably pretty similar.

Mmmmmm

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

nice lol. Neat way to show it off too. I spotted that Red Hood omni btw.

The first 3 episodes are up now actually for some reason

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

such an awesome collection. i love that legion of superheroes shelf especially.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

I used to have the frozen glasses from Burger King I think, that are down a bit in this thread

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of collections! Here are InStockTrades releases for September 8, 2020.

Hardcovers
ANIMAL MAN BY GRANT MORRISON HC BOOK 02 30TH ANNIV DLX ED
ATLAS AT WAR HC GN (RES) (C: 0-1-0)
BASKETFUL OF HEADS HC (MR)
CLOVER KODANSHA HC OMNIBUS (C: 0-1-0)
FIREFLY NEW SHERIFF IN VERSE HC VOL 01 (C: 0-1-2)
FIVE YEARS OMNIBUS HC
GOD OF WAR LORE & LEGENDS HC (RES) (C: 1-0-0)
HEROES REBORN RETURN OMNIBUS HC
LEGEND OF KORRA RUINS OF EMPIRE LIBRARY ED HC (C: 1-0-0)
LOST CITY OF HERACLEON ORIGINAL GN HC (C: 0-1-2)
STAR WARS AGE OF RESISTANCE HC

Everything
ANIMAL MAN BY GRANT MORRISON HC BOOK 02 30TH ANNIV DLX ED
ATLAS AT WAR HC GN (RES) (C: 0-1-0)
BASKETFUL OF HEADS HC (MR)
BATMAN DETECTIVE COMICS TP VOL 02 ARKHAM KNIGHT
CLOVER KODANSHA HC OMNIBUS (C: 0-1-0)
DC POSTER PORTFOLIO FRANCESCO MATTINA TP
DEATH OR GLORY TP VOL 02 (MR)
EDENS ZERO GN VOL 09 (C: 0-1-1)
FIREFLY NEW SHERIFF IN VERSE HC VOL 01 (C: 0-1-2)
FIVE YEARS OMNIBUS HC
FIVE YEARS OMNIBUS SC
FLY ME TO MOON GN VOL 01 (C: 1-1-2)
GHOST RIDER TP VOL 02 HEARTS OF DARKNESS II
GOD OF WAR LORE & LEGENDS HC (RES) (C: 1-0-0)
HEROES REBORN RETURN OMNIBUS HC
IM STANDING ON MILLION LIVES GN VOL 07 (MR) (C: 1-1-0)
LADY MECHANIKA TP VOL 06 SANGRE
LEGEND OF KORRA RUINS OF EMPIRE LIBRARY ED HC (C: 1-0-0)
LOST CITY OF HERACLEON ORIGINAL GN HC (C: 0-1-2)
NOBODY IS IN CONTROL TP (MR)
PERSONA 4 GN VOL 12
POKEMON SUN & MOON GN VOL 08 (C: 1-1-2)
RIN-NE GN VOL 35 (C: 1-1-2)
RUNAWAYS BY RAINBOW ROWELL TP VOL 05 CANNON FODDER
SAYONARA FOOTBALL GN VOL 01 (C: 0-1-1)
SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION TP RESURRECTION
SPLATOON MANGA GN VOL 10 (C: 1-1-2)
STAR COMICS TOP DOG COMPLETE COLLECTION TP
STAR WARS AGE OF RESISTANCE HC
SUE & TAI CHAN GN VOL 01 (C: 1-1-0)
SURVIVAL FETISH TP VOL 01 (RES)