• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Messi if you want more Eva Bell content you're gonna have to start reading those weird comics that only have words on them

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that Bowser's Fury new mode actually lets us play as Bowser.
That would actually interest me.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I hope that Bowser's Fury new mode actually lets us play as Bowser.
That would actually interest me.
I would love that. I've played 3D World more than any other 3D Mario, but I'll still likely buy the Switch version because it has online multiplayer so I can go through with my friend who loves Mario games. I didn't even expect substantial extra content, so I'm happy they're doing anything at all. I hope it is something creative.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Galaxy 2 and 3D Land are the two 3D Mario games I haven't played but no one cares about 3D Land (if they wanted that 3D World purchase to be real interesting they would have bundled those two) and I really would like to play Galaxy 2. Only reason I can think of to not put Galaxy 2 in the collection is memory purposes or some such but I'm not an expert.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Galaxy 2 and 3D Land are the two 3D Mario games I haven't played and I really would like to play. Only reason I can think of to not put Galaxy 2 in the collection is memory purposes or some such but I think that's probably not true.
Ah, yeah, I also haven't played 3D Land. Too bad that wasn't included. I'll have to borrow that from a friend some day. 3D World is my favorite 3D Mario, which I guess is a somewhat divisive statement among Mario fans? I have friends who love 64 more than anything and think 3D World is shit, so I have no clue how all the new players who didn't have a Wii U will react to it. Personally, I think it's extremely fun with great polish and tons of creative and different levels. I played it with so many friends I had over, and I think the multiplayer is really enjoyable and can result in many laughs.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do ERA mods pay you guys for if you can't keep comic threads out of OT?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Bowser's Fury looks very ominous. They should make it a full on Demons Soul type game. Large death penalty and huge Bowser's Castle level with a supersized bosses gauntlet.

Galaxy 2 and 3D Land are the two 3D Mario games I haven't played but no one cares about 3D Land (if they wanted that 3D World purchase to be real interesting they would have bundled those two) and I really would like to play Galaxy 2. Only reason I can think of to not put Galaxy 2 in the collection is memory purposes or some such but I'm not an expert.

3D Land is one of my favourite Marios. Best final boss level too.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'll get the new version of 3D World as I never played the original on Wii U.
And people seem to agree its a decent Mario game.

I'm not going to touch that lackluster triple pack though.
If they offer Galaxy on its own I may get that.
Otherwise jog on Nintendo.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Its the original Busiek run
Olivia_Wilde_eyeroll.gif

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if wanted to buy comics but no money to buy them

#relatable #millennialproblems

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question for those in the know about ominbus collecting: Is Uncanny X-Men vol. 4 ever happening or should I look elsewhere?

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of comics everyone should 100% buy, next week Ryan North's adaptation of Slaughterhouse-Five is out. LEND YOUR POWER! Def a must-buy.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You read it early or something?
oh no, just absolute confidence (and some fan frustrations given how great squirrel girl was and how it never seemed to get much attention). tho early reviews have been very positive.

www.publishersweekly.com

Slaughterhouse-Five, or the Children's Crusade: A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Kurt Vonnegut, Ryan North

A rare graphic adaptation that enriches a literary classic, rather than serving as an illustrated crib sheet, this take on Vonne...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh you know maybe I will get rid of most of my physical comics. I got rid of a bunch of games, maybe this is how I become an adult.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Ah, yeah, I also haven't played 3D Land. Too bad that wasn't included. I'll have to borrow that from a friend some day. 3D World is my favorite 3D Mario, which I guess is a somewhat divisive statement among Mario fans? I have friends who love 64 more than anything and think 3D World is shit, so I have no clue how all the new players who didn't have a Wii U will react to it. Personally, I think it's extremely fun with great polish and tons of creative and different levels. I played it with so many friends I had over, and I think the multiplayer is really enjoyable and can result in many laughs.
I don't think it's divisive at all. If it weren't for the Galaxy games, I would agree. And honestly it feels more like classic Mario than those do so in a way it's my favorite too. 3D Land is great as well and it's a shame they didn't include a Switch version with World. I still have my 3DS copy but I'm not searching for my 3DS again just to play that after I already beat it.

I get why they're rereleasing at full price because that's Nintendo and I didn't expect anything less. I really hate the way Nintendo handled the collection though. Making even the digital release time limited is so sleazy. Same with not including Galaxy 2.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Hey, I just wanna burn my books. That's different. I don't want to be burdened when I move anymore. I'll just rebuy stuff I absolutely want. I can't even easily sell my Japanese manga here. They won't take it at most shops.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if my LCS will buy my omnibuses. I'm helpless with selling online.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I just wanna burn my books. That's different. I don't want to be burdened when I move anymore. I'll just rebuy stuff I absolutely want. I can't even easily sell my Japanese manga here. They won't take it at most shops.
Maybe I should look into local book shops around here. I still have a ton of stuff I want to get rid of.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I recycled about 100 paperbacks when I moved, and felt no shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.