• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the Avengers game had gone for a more stylized look like Ultimate Alliance.
The realistic style just does not work.
The characters look like cosplayers.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Young Justice feels more like fanfiction than a comic book.

At least they fixed the "Drake" name. That was stupid.
Just let Tim fucking move on man. I'm tired of this Robin/Drake/Red Robin shit. Its amazing that the last solo book he had was a fucking decade ago with Yost's and Niceza's Red Robin run. Which was fucking great.

God. Duke Thomas and Harper Row have gotten more development than Tim and Damian the past decade. DC just keeps resetting the latter.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
c1h8hKK.jpg

Really love this so far, it's Rick Remender firing on full Low and Deadly Class cylinders.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't they have MCU alt-customs like with Spider-Man? Give what the people want!

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
They should never have tried to ape the movies. Especially when they don't look like Downey Jr, Hemsworth etc.
They just look wrong.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Just let Tim fucking move on man. I'm tired of this Robin/Drake/Red Robin shit. Its amazing that the last solo book he had was a fucking decade ago with Yost's and Niceza's Red Robin run. Which was fucking great.

God. Duke Thomas and Harper Row have gotten more development than Tim and Damian the past decade. DC just keeps resetting the latter.
Tynion unsurprisingly did a good job with Tim despite shelving him for half of it..

It's hard to fuck up an iron man costume
a503cd68734b39dc0e39b9be12ec3f90.jpg

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Just cover everyone with full-face masks that they never take off. Saves on animation costs too!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
BOOM! is trying something different with Keanu's BRZRKR by offering the first 3 volumes of the TPBs through some sort of Kickstarter deal.

www.kickstarter.com

BRZRKR by Keanu Reeves, Matt Kindt, & Ron Garney

A graphic novel series about an immortal warrior seeking only one thing: the truth about his blood-soaked existence & how to end it!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Tynion unsurprisingly did a good job with Tim despite shelving him for half of it..

I think Tynion has said in the past that Tim is his favorite Robin and it shows. One of the few highlights I can think of during New52 for Tim Drake was Tynion's side story about Tim Drake in Batman #0. Batman Eternal & BR Eternal also had some decent moments, and Detective Comics like you said.

But its been frustrating. Really feels like DC doesn't know what to do with these characters.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
ozPqiS5.png

I'm not really get a lot of new stuff lately but I am hitting up old stuff.

That Head Lopper is beefy at 280 pages at $11:59.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just wait until the next new Robin. Tim will have to be like, Red Nightwing, and Damian can be Red Robin.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
BOOM! is trying something different with Keanu's BRZRKR by offering the first 3 volumes of the TPBs through some sort of Kickstarter deal.

www.kickstarter.com

A graphic novel series about an immortal warrior seeking only one thing: the truth about his blood-soaked existence & how to end it!

These kickstarters numbers are insane. This one may hit a million with some decent stretch goals. Really any publisher that isn't jumping on these is just throwing money away.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

www.kickstarter.com

Yeah because they want to reach new audiences.

When we partnered with Keanu Reeves on his first comic book, we knew we had an amazing opportunity to reach new audiences. We're excited to join forces with Kickstarter to introduce people who have never read a comic book or bought a graphic novel to the endless world of storytelling possibilities of comics.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
bMQqZct.png

Oh shit, I got the last copy!

In before I actually didn't get it and their systems hadn't updated so now I'm fucked.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and backed the Day One version of the TPBs. Looks like the HCs are all standard sized anyway, and the "limited Edtion Deluxe" is just a different cover image that connects lol.

I just want to see Keanu's Wolverine movie lol.

EDIT: IST still hasnt even collected my entire order from last week lol. They must be getting hit hard still these days.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've said once and I'll say it a thousand times, I have no idea how Greg Land still has a career.
He is a fucking thief!
Art thieves very much thrive. As an example that will literally get me kicked out of art school: Roy Lichtenstein profited and still profits off being an art thief.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wouldp of thought somebody would of found a way too sue his arse into oblivion.

It's hard to resolve industry conflicts through litigation when the industry is so buddy-buddy.

Sue the thief, sure, but no one will hire you when you fuck up the easiest X-Men cover artist to throw down.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I have like seven books to buy on ISt (including a couple from the past few weeks that I haven't bought). Not spending like $300 though, so I'll probably just got three or four of them and get the others later.

Thinking I'll order:
-Man of Steel Vol 1
-Booster Gold Vol 2
-Green Arrow Omnibus Vol 1
-Batman Morrison Vol 3

Really surprised none of the books are on the deals of the week at 50% off.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Considering inking one detailed page could take several full work days if it's quite detailed... that's horrifying.
Pretty sure things have improved quite a bit since then, but yea that's horrible. Hopefully they got some sort or royalty payments or something after the book sales.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Damian should have stayed dead to be honest

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to resolve industry conflicts through litigation when the industry is so buddy-buddy.

Sue the thief, sure, but no one will hire you when you fuck up the easiest X-Men cover artist to throw down.
Yeah I suspect he is protected behind a legion of enablers in the industry.
But oh boy would I love to see someone sue the bastard for everything he's worth.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly assuming it's a real pain in the ass to prove in court that art was plagiarized when it comes to characters and creatures that have been drawn by hundreds of artists. At that point you're essentially arguing over abstractions like facial details and posing.

Status
Not open for further replies.