• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I never knew just how into Idolm@ster Gerard Way is
Now you're just getting confused. Gerard Way's imprint is Young Animal, which has published Shade, Milk Wars, March Comes in Like a Lion, and Berserk. See the top right of this volume.
51sv0+ADyqL._SX349_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Idolmaster is published in Comic Rex, which is owned by Ichijinsha. Ichijinsha is a subsidiary of Kodansha. Kodansha is a rival to Shueisha. Shueisha publishes Shonen Jump! Hope that clears things up.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
So are Shueisha and Kodansha basically the Naruto and Sasuke of the manga industry?
More the Kentarou Miura and Idolmaster of the manga industries, which is weird, since Young Animal is published by Hakusensha (that's Japanese for DC), and that's a subsidiary of Shueisha.

Please let me know if you have any other manga lore questions. Some call me the Mangalorian.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The other big player in the manga publishing space is Kadokawa, which Enterbrain is a part of. Enterbrain publishes the best manga magazine, Harta. I posit that all manga cannot be referred to as "Hartas," because this would lead potential readers to have too high of expectations with every manga they see. Some mangalorians (not to be confused with The Mangalorian, which is me) believe that referring to manga as "Shonen Jumps" gained traction among some internet denizens due to the magazine more accurately representing the variation in quality of manga as a whole.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Vic_Viper BRO! Those Young Justice binds look great! Did you use Herring & Robinson? I only ask because they look pretty similar to LOSH binds, and I can't remember if you consulted me about them or not, since I assume it's been awhile.

Also, sorry about your dog. :(

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
People in the Avengers game OT are going through some things lol. I see a lot of people who were sure it was going to be the worst start to realize that it might actually be good, now that others are playing it and sharing their impressions. It may still be crap, but I see people struggling with the positive feedback, which is kinda funny to me.
The marketing to this game has been terrible IMO I think the beta saved it
It's GOTY but actually prove it's not complete trash

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Vic_Viper BRO! Those Young Justice binds look great! Did you use Herring & Robinson? I only ask because they look pretty similar to LOSH binds, and I can't remember if you consulted me about them or not, since I assume it's been awhile.

Also, sorry about your dog. :(
Yea thats who I used. Yea I asked you a couple questions before placing the order, and talked to them through email just to be sure I was doing it right lol.

And thanks. Its been rough.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
On the subject of Alan Davis, JLA The Nail Deluxe Edition was the first thing I read from him, and it was awesome.

Green Lantern Barda. So cool!

50293148937_3fa367556b_k.jpg

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm reading Delano and Davis' Captain Britain right now. Although I mostly know what happens already, it's so good. I love Technet.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Reading Hickman's New Avengers again.

Can this man just have a Namor ongoing? Please?

May 24, 2019
So thanks to suggestions in last month's thread I read Superman Lois and Clark. It was completely awesome and I was instantly in love.

Then I read the first arc of Superman Rebirth and was a bit confused and a bit disappointed. But I liked it overall. So it seems that there is an event I missed between Lois and Clark and Superman Rebirth. Also I was unhappy of the "new 52" costume's return. I really dislike it. I'm also not sure if the Eradicator needed to used so soon.

On to Action Comics now.

There was a crossover arc at the end of the New52 Super books where N52 Superman died so Convergence Superman could take over. I didnt recommend it because I didnt think you'd want much to do with the N52 stories, and I thought it was recapped in the Rebirth issue... and it wasnt a great part.

May 24, 2019
Yo. Waiting for Tenet to hit home video might be the right move just to have subs. In IMAX some of the dialogue was inaudible.

edit: that's from my personal experience of about half an hour ago, if that wasnt clear.

I just looked up the lyrics to the Travis Scott Tenet song for help on anything I missed. Not helpful 😂

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
These are the seats that are available for tomorrow's showing of Tenet.

l8SD0wr.png

That makes me feel like I could actually watch it and not be near anyone.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Aizō
You're tempting me to read captain Britain
Stop it
It's so rad. Jaspers' Warp is a great read before this run, too. There's a fight between Jasper and The Fury, which is thrilling and creative. Jasper is an incredibly powerful reality warping mutant, so the fight has him and The Fury transforming into a bunch of weird combinations of creatures and forms with their surroundings changing, too (like the surface of the sun). The Fury takes Jasper to a place where reality doesn't exist so that it can't be warped. It's my favorite fight I've read in a while and ends on an emotional beat that worked really well for me. Alan Moore wrote some damn good comics.
b7afbf0dcd3010f5e4eb2745c20dc6d914380490_hq.jpg

c839a0a5895598fbc6a2b990d3b13c0fcf1c8ff6_hq.jpg

4a4aba3bfcf14a9d9c9f03b27c9b43c891c6245e_hq.jpg

I haven't read any Claremont Britain outside of Excalibur, but Delano and Moore do great work with Alan Davis, too!

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
There was a crossover arc at the end of the New52 Super books where N52 Superman died so Convergence Superman could take over. I didnt recommend it because I didnt think you'd want much to do with the N52 stories, and I thought it was recapped in the Rebirth issue... and it wasnt a great part.
Fair enough. And Superman Rebirth did recap it. They just didn't tell me the villain that killed the New 52 Superman. So I found that a little odd.

However I have gotten through the first story arc of Action Comics and oh my God this is so good. Though I do also criticize using Doomsday that soon.

I will still, however love a comic that properly uses "This looks like a job for Superman!"

And the Swamp Thing deconstruct was really good and gave me Hellblazer vibes.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Daredevil 181 with the showdown between Bullseye and Elektra. That's a pretty damn good comic.

May 24, 2019
Fair enough. And Superman Rebirth did recap it. They just didn't tell me the villain that killed the New 52 Superman. So I found that a little odd.

However I have gotten through the first story arc of Action Comics and oh my God this is so good. Though I do also criticize using Doomsday that soon

From what I remember, the villain was just a random guy pumped up with radiation or something that Superman had to absorb. Nothing to worry about.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Movie theater's are still closed here in NM. Not that I want to go to the movies anytime soon at all. I'll just wait until Tenet comes out on video.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
There was a recent story here about an air conditioner unit collapsing in a movie theatre and injuring a couple of people

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I beat Devil May Cry 5

Like, I really liked that game. I expect I'll play it quite a bit. But, um, that ending...like...well...

I don't think that should be allowed, really

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I only played the demo. The combat felt too slow to me after games like Bayonetta.
It feels like a DMC game, though it does feel slower than DMC4 to me. The timing seems weird compared to 3/4 which are what I've played the most, though it seems like they stuck a lot closer to motion capture with this so that's probably why.
What shouldn't be allowed
Vergil sacrificing an entire city to gain unlimited power, but now that Nero's here well golly it's just brothers being brothers. Bye Nero. Been fun. All's forgiven.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like a DMC game, though it does feel slower than DMC4 to me. The timing seems weird compared to 3/4 which are what I've played the most, though it seems like they stuck a lot closer to motion capture with this so that's probably why.

Vergil sacrificing an entire city to gain unlimited power, but now that Nero's here well golly it's just brothers being brothers. Bye Nero. Been fun. All's forgiven.
To be fair Virgil didn't do its his evil demon half that only cares about that has none of less Dickish personality which were in V
Virgil is still an ass

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
To be fair Virgil didn't do its his evil demon half that only cares about that has none of less Dickish personality which were in V
Virgil is still an ass
Vergil created Urizen and V. Intentionally. For the sole purpose of awakening his own true power which Dante got simply by uniting two swords (albeit stabbing himself to do it but still). Vergil is still the worst. Stylish as fuck, but the absolute worst. Possibly worse than DmC Vergil.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking about and I wonder when the time comes if the artists are going to remember Cantwell's insistence that Iron Man's new armor has no HUD and that you can see his eyes behind the holes.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking about and I wonder when the time comes if the artists are going to remember Cantwell's insistence that Iron Man's new armor has no HUD and that you can see his eyes behind the holes.
Why would you want to see Iron Man's eyes in the suit?
That would look super weird and kinda creepy probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.