• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Comichron2020-08-All16x9-1024x576.jpg

batman, batman, batman, from the writer who brought you batman, and batman
I don't get it honestly.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Young Avengers Dark Reign mini is really Young Avengers vs Young Avengers Nazi edition

At least they're not forced to team up with the Runaways during the time Runaways sucked for the third time
Which is probably why the minis are actually good without them

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
" THE STORY YOU'VE WAITED DECADES FOR: THE ORIGIN OF MAESTRO!" no funnier line in comics this year
Since 2015, in 5 years, we have had 3 comics feature Maestro prominently:

-Contest of Champions by Al Ewing, as the main antagonist (heel turn near the end)
-Ed Brisson's run on Old Man Logan had multiple arcs with Maestro as the main baddie
-And now this mini

The fuck?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Comichron: August 2020 Comic Book Sales to Comics Shops

Estimated comic book and graphic novel sales to North American comic shops
I'm shocked Maestro made it into the top 10.
???

Whom out there purchased Maestro??
I was VERY confused about Spawn #309, so I googled

" Todd McFarlane's iconic anti-hero is making waves with Spawn #309. Why are collectors so excited about this issue? Gunslinger Spawn. "

spawn-309-B-Mcfarlane-2nd.jpg

ok then!

since like 12 people actually buy comics, mathmetically at least one of us in here bought Maestro

reveal yourself and be shamed for your deeds
"Maestro prequel mini by Peter David" is aimed squarely at the 40+ year old dudes that continue to visit comic shops, so I'm not surprised it was a rousing success.
Apparently Marvel was right when they said people wanted it in that sales promo for the first issue.

Fuck

I blame tim1138

what in the actual fuck at Maestro being the 10th best selling comic of the month, the direct market deserves to collapse just for that.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Young Avengers Dark Reign mini is really Young Avengers vs Young Avengers Nazi edition

At least they're not forced to team up with the Runaways during the time Runaways sucked for the third time
Which is probably why the minis are actually good without them

The robot from that mini - the one who was built as, like, a peace robot or something, but was reprogrammed to be a Nazi and date the Nazi chick - is conceptually super upsetting to me for some reason. It's literally the only thing I remember from that book, and just reading this post and reminding me of it puts me in a weird mood.

Poor robot, he wasn't supposed to be that way. :(

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The robot from that mini - the one who was built as, like, a peace robot or something, but was reprogrammed to be a Nazi and date the Nazi chick - is conceptually super upsetting to me for some reason. It's literally the only thing I remember from that book, and just reading this post and reminding me of it puts me in a weird mood.

Poor robot, he wasn't supposed to be that way. :(
I do like the peace bot part does sometimes break through the nazi programming

The Nazi avengers > Runaways between Brian K and rainbow rowell

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Sour Patch Kids "Berry" flavored Crush soda today. A bit too sour, and it doesnt have that great sweet taste that comes after the sour in actual Sour Patch Kids.

Rating: SKIP

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed Childrens Crusade. Its like a continuation from the first story arc in the main book. The first half is a lil boring when they are searching for Wanda, but it picks up quite a bit after and has some great action sequences. But im a huge fan of Cheung's art, so it could have been the worst story ever and I still would have loved it probably.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'm not even going to bother reading Children crusade and I'm just jumping to Gillen run
I enjoyed the first run a lot, and thought Children's Crusade was alright, (skipped the minis) but if you weren't so hot on the first one, oh boy Children's Crusade is like 90% pointless arguing

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first run a lot, and thought Children's Crusade was alright, (skipped the minis) but if you weren't so hot on the first one, oh boy Children's Crusade is like 90% pointless arguing
I already read the book ages ago and watched the comic pop episode a while ago sl i remember everything already
And yeah i remember it being a lot of arguing and the books again pretending Iron Lad was part of the team for long not like a week and he only meet Cassie for like an hour but they're soulmates
Also the fucking wanda stuff was exhausting

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I already read the book ages ago and watched the comic pop episode a while ago sl i remember everything already
And yeah i remember it being a lot of arguing and the books again pretending Iron Lad was part of the team for long not like a week and he only meet Cassie for like an hour but they're soulmates
Also the fucking wanda stuff was exhausting
aaaaah gotcha gotcha

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Young Avengers really feels like marvel was obligated to do something so they gave shitty minis until the writer came back

And even then they can't have their own story the adults have to but in and make it about them

They really never got a chance to really develop except when other writers made them major characters in other books like Ewing with Hulkling and Wiccan and Fraction with Kate Bishop

Poor Patriot gets nothing but replaced by another black teenager

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there's one thing DC has over Marvel is that they're way better at naming teen team comics than Marvel.

What the hell is a New Warrior anyway?

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Young Avengers really feels like marvel was obligated to do something so they gave shitty minis until the writer came back

And even then they can't have their own story the adults have to but in and make it about them
That's every Marvel teen book. The only exceptions are Runaways & Ms Marvel.

One of the biggest mistakes Marvel made with Kamala, Sam, and Miles was putting them on the Avengers.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All of these event Batman stories are basically the same story over again. Batman has to overcome his personal demons once and for all while trying to get inside the mind of the villain to finally overcome them while he or his friends save Gotham from the apocalypse at the same time.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
All of these event Batman stories are basically the same story over again. Batman has to overcome his personal demons once and for all while trying to get inside the mind of the villain to finally overcome them while he or his friends save Gotham from the apocalypse at the same time.

All comics are the same stuff recycled over and over. Always have been always will be. Shonen Jumps are too, except Chainsaw Man.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sick of House of m drama and glad we're doing more Wanda just being a hero even if Krakoa hates her but at least she's over there away from x stuff so no more rehashing drama

Someone should have been there to slap Hickman's hand when he brought that back.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'll read Kieran Gillian later but my Verdict Young Avengers sucks

Kate Bishop is great but really when she was taken away from Young Avengers

Hulkling and Wiccan are only good when Ewing wrote them helps that Ewing actually develops Hulkling character and they don't just repeat the drama of him not wanting to be king

Everyone else, eh Cassie is cool when she's with her dad

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Just let X-Men do their thing with Wanda and the Avengers do their thing with Wanda and each of them pretends the other storyline doesn't exist.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should have been there to slap Hickman's hand when he brought that back.
All of Hickman's stuff is neck deep in mutant genocides, though. Genosha, House of M, all manner of potential future genocides. It can't ignore Wanda.

Status
Not open for further replies.