• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Slice of life Denji and Power Shonen Jump please.

There was also Demon Slayer and Promised Neverland one shots. No idea what they are.

Demon Slayer one shot was about Rengoku, it's pretty sad.

Anyone reading Ultraman? noticed the second issue was out this week thinking about picking it up

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Was the Road to No Man's Land omni pushed back or is it still scheduled for late October? I pre-ordered it along with the Blade of the Immortal DLX way back when it was on DCBS, so I have to wait for the Batman omni to come out before they ship it damnit.

Started reading Hellsing again. Its been getting much better after they introduced the Nazis lol. Also started Puckett's Batgirl and man that art is so good.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Was the Road to No Man's Land omni pushed back or is it still scheduled for late October? I pre-ordered it along with the Blade of the Immortal DLX way back when it was on DCBS, so I have to wait for the Batman omni to come out before they ship it damnit.
I was wondering the same thing. I also have it preordered.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Slice of life Denji and Power Shonen Jump please.
Slice of life Denji and Power are by far my favorite parts of Chainsaw Man, so I would prefer if that's what they change the whole thing into.

I mainly miss Power and I don't think we'll end up with anything that happy. I'd love to be wrong though.

Last edited:

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon has it for 10th of November so that's usually a little later than other places I think, so doesn't look like it's been moved.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody besides Messi exists.
xLbJjUE.gif

Loke13

Oct 26, 2019
I dont get people not wanting him to be smarmy.
They cast Frasier in the movie for a reason. That's Beast.
Smarmy is one thing being a condescending arrogant prick is something else entirely it wouldn't be so bad if his ass wasn't wrong 9/10 times is arrogance literally almost destroyed a country and cost krakoa a trade treaty.

He's even got Jean cursing up a storm in X-Force the poor woman is about two issues away from lobotomizing his ass.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Smarmy is one thing being a condescending arrogant prick is something else entirely it wouldn't be so bad if his ass wasn't wrong 9/10 times is arrogance literally almost destroyed a country and cost krakoa a trade treaty.

He's even got Jean cursing up a storm in X-Force the poor woman is about two issues away from lobotomizing his ass.
She did fuse an entire country's brains together already against their will in X-Men Red to keep the peace and mend the hatred. So not like she wouldn't do some shit to Beast there.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Tyrant Rave so now that youve played both Sakura Wars and 13 Sentinels, which do you think was your favorite? They are both really different, but are also pretty similar imo. I think I like the characters and presentation more in Sakura Wars, but the setting in 13 Sentinels is so good.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Tyrant Rave so now that youve played both Sakura Wars and 13 Sentinels, which do you think was your favorite? They are both really different, but are also pretty similar imo. I think I like the characters and presentation more in Sakura Wars, but the setting in 13 Sentinels is so good.
I'm like 20 hours into 13 Sentinels and it's amazing. Almost every story chapter now has me like

TuzA04Q.gif

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not done with 13 Sentinels yet, so not really sure.

Sakura Wars speaks to me as a human since it has singing, Saori Hayami, and cool robots. Plus I liked the atmosphere and warm cozy feelings it gives me. I have a very fond appreciation for the cast in it.

I really love the narrative in 13 Sentinels though (I think the main story is better here than Sakura Wars), and I think the structure of it is endlessly impressive and compelling. I like the actual combat bits more too. It also features Saori Hayami.

In short: both are good and Saori Hayami is present.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like 20 hours into 13 Sentinels and it's amazing. Almost every story chapter now has me like

TuzA04Q.gif
lol

I'm not done with 13 Sentinels yet, so not really sure.

Sakura Wars speaks to me as a human since it has singing, Saori Hayami, and cool robots. Plus I liked the atmosphere and warm cozy feelings it gives me. I have a very fond appreciation for the cast in it.

I really love the narrative in 13 Sentinels though (I think the main story is better here than Sakura Wars), and I think the structure of it is endlessly impressive and compelling. I like the actual combat bits more too. It also features Saori Hayami.

In short: both are good and Saori Hayami is present.
I wish Sakura Wars just had a more in-depth combat structure. I love whats in there, but I would really enjoy it if they just had more in it.

But the characters and setting is so good. Feels like they made a 90s anime, but as a game.

May 24, 2019
I was 14 hours in to 13S yesterday and had been barging the story till there were locks on every character, so when I finally had to do more combat I had enough chips to fully upgrade the score multipliers and get +2 or greater on everyone's weapons in only the first few missions outside of the tutorial 😁

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Comichron2020-08-All16x9-1024x576.jpg

batman, batman, batman, from the writer who brought you batman, and batman

It's impressive but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that it's all projections, meaning this is all very fuzzy data.

In the absence of Diamond's order index numbers — or any detailed information from DC's distributors — Comichron has supplemented the chart with its own projections, drawing upon a subset of known retail orders to project the relative order volumes of comic-book releases for a portion of the chart. The subset represents a sizable number of copies, but it is not possible at present to know what portion of the overall population of store orders it represents. No statistical adjustments have been made for returnability and no later returns have been subtracted out.

anyway if you want a thought experiment, here is AUGUST 2020, NO EVENTS, NO #1S, JUST THE REGULAR BUSINESS (so I removed Joker War, Death Metal and Empyre)

1. Venom #27
2. Thor #6
3. Amazing Spider-Man #47
4. Wolverine #4
5. Amazing Spider-Man #46
6. Venom #25
7. Star Wars #5
8. Darth Vader #4
9. Hellions #3
10. Spawn #309

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Also if you're wondering: highest DC book that's not Joker War or Death Metal? Batman The Adventure Continues.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It's impressive but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that it's all projections, meaning this is all very fuzzy data.

anyway if you want a thought experiment, here is AUGUST 2020, NO EVENTS, NO #1S, JUST THE REGULAR BUSINESS (so I removed Joker War, Death Metal and Empyre)

1. Venom #27
2. Thor #6
4. Wolverine #4
6. Venom #25
7. Star Wars #5
8. Darth Vader #4
9. Hellions #3
10. Spawn #309
How is Venom so popular lol? I dont get it.
I'm glad Spidey is doing well though. And Hellions.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1. Venom #27
2. Thor #6
4. Wolverine #4
6. Venom #25
7. Star Wars #5
8. Darth Vader #4
9. Hellions #3
10. Spawn #309
I was VERY confused about Spawn #309, so I googled

" Todd McFarlane's iconic anti-hero is making waves with Spawn #309. Why are collectors so excited about this issue? Gunslinger Spawn. "

spawn-309-B-Mcfarlane-2nd.jpg

ok then!

???

Whom out there purchased Maestro??

since like 12 people actually buy comics, mathmetically at least one of us in here bought Maestro

reveal yourself and be shamed for your deeds

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Maestro prequel mini by Peter David" is aimed squarely at the 40+ year old dudes that continue to visit comic shops, so I'm not surprised it was a rousing success.

Status
Not open for further replies.