• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Aizō Flight Simulator updated some Japanese cities (Sendai Takamatsu, Tokushima, Tokyo, Etsunomiya and Yokohama.) Gimme some of your old haunts and I'll take some screenshots :)
Thank you for telling me! I'd love to revisit some of those. It'd be my first time to Tokushima, though! I can't wait until I have a good computer to play.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what is going on with Death Metal anymore. Which of the tie-in books am I supposed to be reading? I just checked out Death Metal Trinity Crisis and it looks like it was part of the core event story so im about to read it. Were there any of the others?

Is it just me or does Death Metal feel like an after thought now for DC? At least compared to the original Metal event.

I dont even see people talking about it on Twitter anymore lol. Even Snyder seems more interested in his upcoming creator owned stuff than hyping up Death Metal.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I have no idea what DC is doing at the moment.
More Batman probably.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
They've added photogrammetry on those cities, so I should be able to find your favourite old bars, if you'd like.
It'd be pretty tough to find Deathmatch in Hell in Shinjuku.
image.jpg

I'm happy just to see whatever shots you take. Inokashira Park in Kichijoji is right next to where I used to live once, so that'd be cool to see. One of my favorite areas.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I have no idea what DC is doing at the moment.
More Batman probably.
Well you see Perpetua the big bad has transformed the Multiverse under her control with Batman who LMAOs as her dragon
Also Batman who laugh was killed but he saw that coming so he put his brain in the body of bruce Wayne doctor Manhattan and.........

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really argue with DC's strategy. Death Metal and Three Jokers are their own degrees of flaming hot mess, but boy are people buying them. 🤷‍♂️

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Well you see Perpetua the big bad has transformed the Multiverse under her control with Batman who LMAOs as her dragon
Also Batman who laugh was killed but he saw that coming so he put his brain in the body of bruce Wayne doctor Manhattan and.........
I'm sorry, either you just had a stroke, or I did.

May 24, 2019
image.jpg

I'm happy just to see whatever shots you take. Inokashira Park in Kichijoji is right next to where I used to live once, so that'd be cool to see. One of my favorite areas.

It'll be some fuzzy blob, but I'll find it!
I'm looking at that area in Google maps right now, and there are so many weird funky places to visit just in those streets. I gotta get out there when the world's fixed.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Just started reading Undead Unluck.
This is some really dumb, battle shonen.
But its just what I need about now.

And its probably still not as dumb as Death Metal.

May 24, 2019
Comics should be dumb. Snyder not plotting his ridiculousness in any really interesting way is the problem. Check out WW: Dead Earth for a good crazy alternate DC.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Comics should be dumb. Snyder not plotting his ridiculousness in any really interesting way is the problem. Check out WW: Dead Earth for a good crazy alternate DC.
Dead Earth is Dark Metal but good imo

Like i clapped when Thor beat up Gorr with two hammers instead of one one he got from future thor who became odin
Or when Surfer in Thanos wins fights with the hammer

Or on dc Wonder Woman in dead earth beating people with Superman spine
Green lantern beating death with power of life and good vibes

Dumb is fun

May 24, 2019
Dumb is fun. But too dumb is just dumb.
Its a careful balance.

I'd take a 5x stupider Death Metal if it was just fun to read. The tie-ins and anthologies is where my hope for fun actually rests because I can picture writers coming in and being given something real silly to work with for five pages having a pretty good time.

edit: Not to say there aren't moments in the main series, but overall it doesn't seem like he's having as good a time in his own crazy world as he should be having.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
What about if Kirby eats and copies the Batman who LMAOs?
That was part of his plan as well
He somehow takes over Kirby with dark metal and transform into Angry American kirby that only eats part of body parts so the enemy will bleed out from missing limbs while still taking powers

Ends with Batman somehow eating everyone and becoming stronger than the Hand boss

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb is fun. But too dumb is just dumb.
Its a careful balance.

I don't know. Zdarsky's Howard is fantastic, and that definitely crosses the line into dumb beyond dumb. Some stuff is just lame.

It probably has more to do with intent. A lot of writers understand that they're writing comic books, and they kind of embrace the absurdity that comes along with it. So it ends up being pretty fun. I like a lot of current comics.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading all of World War Hulk on MU because I hate myself and have clearly given up on life and happiness

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You want dumb in your comics? Check out Jor-El's wife's reaction to seeing a shirtless man on Earth in Man of Steel #1 lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Remnant From The Ashes is 50% off on PS4, as the "deal of the week". Really fun Souls-like thats pretty different than all the others. Just wish I had more time to sink into it.

The wigs that Stephen Amell wears in the flashbacks on Arrow continue to look more and more ridiculous as he ages with each season. Season 1 he could actually pull off looking younger in the flashbacks, but by season 3 he looks like a dude in his late 30s trying to pull off the hipster college kid look lol.

Last edited:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished up Fraction/Brubaker/Aja Immortal Iron Fist, and I'm about 10 issues into Morrison/Case Doom Patrol. The Moisseiur Mollah issue is next!

You clearly are reading better comics than me. Doom Patrol speaks for itself, but I really love that Iron Fist run as well.

WWH still sucks, but hey at least it has some Gary Frank and JRJr art! 🤷‍♂️

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Read "Riot at Xavier's" again tonight. Seems interesting given real world events of the past few months.

Also, the sequence of Beast chasing down suicide-bombing Glob Herman is great. I think that was the last time Hank did anything physically heroic. The way Potato-Man portrays the animalistic movement is so good.

LzvxAR2.jpg

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Read "Riot at Xavier's" again tonight. Seems interesting given real world events of the past few months.

Also, the sequence of Beast chasing down suicide-bombing Glob Herman is great. I think that was the last time Hank did anything physically heroic. The way Potato-Man portrays the animalistic movement is so good.

LzvxAR2.jpg
tbh this makes me wish it really was glob in yesterday's new x-factor.

also. MORRISON'S X-MEN IS SO FUCKING GOOD.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
So last night I finally completed the Batman countdown to post crisis!

Started with they first Englehart issue in Tec and read 236 issues to make it to post crisis

Moench's run isn't as strong as Conways but I'd still say it was a good read. He clearly had no interest or knew what to do with Vicky Vale. The Alfred daughter love interest dabbling was weird but the core thread of Nocturna turned out pretty well. I think it's worth DC doing a trade of it all

Some observations
- So I never knew Post Crisis didn't kick in right after the event. Like the red skies and hells breaking loose for 3-4 issues. Then it stops and it's over. And the books went for another 9 issues or so before the reboot happened. Not how I expected it to go

- It's also funny how indifferent people were to this red sky and crazy rain and Stuff. They generally shrugged it off as weird for an issue or two before kinda taking it seriously...sort of. Meanwhile if I saw that I'd shut everything down to figure out what's up

- Batman 400 is Nightfall all in one issue! Since this whole Batman reading excursion started of reading all these earlier Batman issues before I started getting into comics and Batman with nightfall its wild the last issue before the reboot basically does the whole Nightfall template. Ras breaks all the inmates out of arkham and blackgate. Recruits them to take all Batman's friends. And then tries to recruit Batman. When that fails Batman goes up against everyone and then eventually Ras in this one super sized issue with a ton of different artists. Pretty cool stuff

- In 1986: DC Wrapped up Crisis of Infinite Earths, Released The Dark Knight Returns and Started publishing Watchmen all in the same year. What a wild time for them

So now I begin the countdown to Nightfall. The arc I first read getting into Batman. Ive read spots of stuff leading up to it years later but never a comprehensive run. I originally thought of just doing Batman and Detective Comics up to it. Which is 188 issues. But Im thinking of pulling in all the various other family books this time. Some I've read up to nightfall others I hadn't.

So first I'm re-reading Crisis

Then I've got this as my Batman reading path, trying to keep things moving in the same years

Countdown to Knightfall ('86-'93) : Total Comics 280
Batman : 96 issues
Tec: 92 issues
Shadow of the Bat: 15 issues
Legend of the Dark Knight: 58 issues
Robin: the 3 minis : 15 issues
Batman: Sword of Azrael : 4 issues

I still have this crazy idea to make it all the way to at least the end of Morrison's run. Maybe up to current. We'll see how this goes

May 24, 2019
image.jpg

Sorry to say it was a bit of a bust Aizō.
Only this rough area of Tokyo was 3D mapped:
mo39XrV.jpg

Inokashira Park fell out of that, so it was just this crap:
nc1GOoq.jpg

Golden Gai was modeled, but in real low detail:
aiUUVgE.jpg

Then it crashed.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I'm only two levels in but Crash 4 is the most I've been impressed with a non-Nintendo platformer since the first Jak & Daxter.

Damn this is good.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So the Hulk one shot was a fun side trip, I do miss Del Mundo on a book, I guess Ewing/Kuder are the next one shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.