• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Anybody know of good horror/halloween related comics coming out this month beyond collections of Hill House stuff, Dracula motherfucker, or Blue in Green?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
We aren't even in the spotlight. Incredible

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Like a new series/one-shot or another collection that includes stuff outside of your original collection?

New mini.

836964._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Huh. I don't know that creative team at all. Hope it's good. I'll wait for impressions.

It's a good call. I'm not saying a member of the Black Eyed Peas can't write a comic.

But I am saying the band had a song called "Let's get re**rded" that they had to rename.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Oh, and I won't try to promote this thread after this post, but we're officially started with the horror comics thread for the month. Please help me keep it from dying on its first day haha.
www.resetera.com

31 Days of Horror Comics | 2020 | Manga, webcomics, whatever. Let's get spooked together!

Huge thanks to Freezasaurus for taking care of all the banner and section art, as well as the spooky font! Ghoulish greetings, horror lovers. I'm Aizō. You may remember me from such threads as my attempt at this last year where I posted it too early and chickened out or that shitty Junji Ito...

Oct 25, 2017
I knew in my heart of hearts that ElNarez wouldn't use the avatar, but adding the top and buttchin to psylocke's face cracked me up.

I meant to add you three before. You posting reminded me. Happy October! Check the original post with avis for yours.

I was disappointed that they didn't adjust them to the smash art style. I can just play enderman, since he's not super ugly. Minecraft was one of the additions I really didn't want, and I love Minecraft. Hope people that wanted Steve in are happy.

Thank you for using that avatar, because it's one of the few that still makes me laugh when I see it.
Aw thank you so much

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I-dont-know-why-youre-doing-this.gif

I look forward to being a part of Tynion's run.

I needed to know how it looked sorry. Hopefully you can be the next Robin.

Is Venom really that good?
Or its just the Knull effect?

People really like Venom I had no idea he was so popular till the film came out. I read the first two arcs and it wasn't too bad but can't say I'm a big fan of the Knull stuff and that's like the whole overarching hook of the book lol not a big fan of how it ties into Aarons Thor run either to be honest.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was good for the first two arcs or so, but I just stopped caring. It has great art, but I'm not convinced that the story is actually interesting.
It's a meh book that lots of people are buying. It was good right up to Absolutely Carnage. Stegman essentially isn't the artist anymore other than events and he was the main draw.
Hmm maybe people are buying for the art.
I find Venom's enduring popularity a bit odd all told.
He has skated by since the 90s primarily on his amazing character design in my opinion.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Venom is ok. Tbh I'm only continuing to read it because of King in Black coming soon. If the event doesn't blow me away it's probably being dropped

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm maybe people are buying for the art.
I find Venom's enduring popularity a bit odd all told.
He has skated by since the 90s primarily on his amazing character design in my opinion.

Ain't no one buying for Bagleys ugly ass art in 2020. That shit passed in the 90s not now.

May 24, 2019
Oh, and I won't try to promote this thread after this post, but we're officially started with the horror comics thread for the month. Please help me keep it from dying on its first day haha.
www.resetera.com

31 Days of Horror Comics | 2020 | Manga, webcomics, whatever. Let's get spooked together!

Huge thanks to Freezasaurus for taking care of all the banner and section art, as well as the spooky font! Ghoulish greetings, horror lovers. I'm Aizō. You may remember me from such threads as my attempt at this last year where I posted it too early and chickened out or that shitty Junji Ito...

31 comics this month is a big ask. Maybe 31 pages.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Bagley is doing one of the Last Remains issues instead of Gleason. I'm guessing it's a flashback issue or something cuz that's gonna be one jarring shift lol

May 24, 2019
Aizō Flight Simulator updated some Japanese cities (Sendai Takamatsu, Tokushima, Tokyo, Etsunomiya and Yokohama.) Gimme some of your old haunts and I'll take some screenshots :)

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Bagley being the artist on Life Story was a huge bummer but I thought he did a decent job on that.

When I was like 10 and just after Carnage debuted, I met him at a local comic shop since he lived in GA. I loved Spider-Man and he was my favorite artist at the time. He was also very nice, signed a Spider-Man comic for me he only did the cover on because anything Venom or Carnage then was insanely overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.