• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
The character just looks ugly, other than that I'm fine with the new smash reveal

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
The character just looks ugly, other than that I'm fine with the new smash reveal
It looks exactly like it should, which I don't really think appeals to anyone, but it works because it is exactly how it's supposed to be.

Look all I'm saying is, people were just as upset about Wii Fitness Trainer in Smash 4 and ROB in Brawl when those got announced. The same kind of energy.

Smash reveals are begging for controversial reactions.

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how bitter smash character reveals get people makes me really happy which probably indicates some deficiency in me as a person but I don't care it's great.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing how bitter smash character reveals get people makes me really happy which probably indicates some deficiency in me as a person but I don't care it's great.
Nah I love it, too. People got pissed over a Fire Emblem character. They don't care where it comes from.

Personally the only character I really want in is Wonder Red, but I'm never getting that so I don't care. Terry Bogart and Banjo & Kazooie were outstanding

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Only reveal that had me a little salty was Byleth because the game has so many good characters, and it being Edelgard would've been a lot funnier.

I still laughed when the reveal happened and the reactions tho

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Eh. I worked in places where kids get Minecraft merch so I get why it appeals to them and I got my people in already so it's okay by me.

Funny it broke Twitter though.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Shazam #14 was...not great. I just can't deal with the Scott Kolins art for one thing, but it was also weird how Johns was basically summing up what could have been another 6-12 issues. It ended with a whimper. The run overall wasn't BAD, but it wasn't good.

Shazam #15 showed a lot of promise, though. I was getting a little annoyed by how Loveness wrote the character Shazam, but by the end I did like the issue quite a bit.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest in terms of scope, Minecraft is probably the most interesting thing they could of added to Smash at this point.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
People raging about Minecraft is pretty funny, least it's not another Fire Emblem character. Can't wait for Goku.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my IST order with the Superman Man of Steel HC lol. Also got the Legion omni in yesterday. Guess I forgot to tell IST I only read Shonen Jumps now.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Dan Slott wrote Batman?

Also, that new Dragon Quest anime is starting this weekend!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
DC should either do a Superboy Prime solo book, or a book with all of the Superboys lol

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the Spring 2021 catalog for Marvel, in case anyone wanted to peruse. No surprises, but still some good stuff!

www.edelweiss.plus

Edelweiss+

Edelweiss, by Above the Treeline, is the book industry’s platform to sell, discover, and order new titles.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Why do we hate Dan Slott?
I hated Iron Man 2020. Also his Twitter behavior can be really bad. Like he doesn't pull Palmiotti or Liefeld type stuff where he trashes other people and other stuff that isn't theirs, but he's really insecure and petty where he'll name search and argue with every person that says something about him

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
People really shouldn't wind Dan Slott up on twitter.
No matter how funny it might be.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Slott's an easy target because few people can represent an entire decade's worth of stories of a single character like he can.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I knew in my heart of hearts that ElNarez wouldn't use the avatar, but adding the top and buttchin to psylocke's face cracked me up.
That Avatar is a waking nightmare
Mars People
If we included Discord in the Wall of Shame, I might show up.

DC's list featured comics in the OP this month is.... not good.

Hi, everyone. Merry October.
I hate the new smash reveal so much.
I meant to add you three before. You posting reminded me. Happy October! Check the original post with avis for yours.

I was disappointed that they didn't adjust them to the smash art style. I can just play enderman, since he's not super ugly. Minecraft was one of the additions I really didn't want, and I love Minecraft. Hope people that wanted Steve in are happy.
Thank you for using that avatar, because it's one of the few that still makes me laugh when I see it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
That reveal at the end of Mercy #6 YESSS

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the Spring 2021 catalog for Marvel, in case anyone wanted to peruse. No surprises, but still some good stuff!

www.edelweiss.plus

Edelweiss+

Edelweiss, by Above the Treeline, is the book industry’s platform to sell, discover, and order new titles.

Hawkeye Freefall in January is nice will have to get that. Not sure if that Brubaker Cap Omni is a reprint or not but will need to pick that up at some point. I've only got the first Claremont Uncanny but I want the other three as well. Never read the stuff with Jim Lee could be a potential get as well. Not bad.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to get hold of the 1st Claremont X-men omnibus.
That damn book is the bane of my existence.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I knew in my heart of hearts that ElNarez wouldn't use the avatar, but adding the top and buttchin to psylocke's face cracked me up.

I meant to add you three before. You posting reminded me. Happy October!

I was disappointed that they didn't adjust them to the smash art style. I can just play enderman, since he's not super ugly. Minecraft was one of the additions I really didn't want, and I love Minecraft. Hope people that wanted Steve in are happy.

Thank you for using that avatar, because it's one of the few that still makes me laugh when I see it.

If you wanna hook me up with an avatar of Baby Psylocke riding Conan's thresher, I would totally sport that this month.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
6 more days

qswO0HC.gif

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of glad I never bothered buying Fallen Angels now I can just live through the memes about it.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the avatar Aizō

Marvel releasing an Aliens Omnibus next year is a bit weird when I've always associated the IP with Dark Horse. Wonder when they'll start with the Predator stuff.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the avatar Aizo.

Marvel releasing an Aliens Omnibus next year is a bit weird when I've always associated the IP with Dark Horse. Wonder when they'll start with the Predator stuff.
Marvel is taking Dark Horse's lunch money. First when they got the Star Wars license, now with Aliens. I think that's why Dark Horse has been moving more toward artbooks and collectibles. They're in too much danger if they keep relying so heavily on comic properties they don't own.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel is taking Dark Horse's lunch money. First when they got the Star Wars license, now with Aliens. I think that's why Dark Horse has been moving more toward artbooks and collectibles. They're in too much danger if they keep relying so heavily on comic properties they don't own.

I wish someone would take some of their manga licenses tbh stuff goes out of print way too quick. They lost the Buffy IP as well recently right?

Status
Not open for further replies.