• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
only one week until spider-man is saved

qswO0HC.gif

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I started reading Jujutsu Kaisen via the SJ app. It's pretty good. I'm about 60 chapters in.

He can give four hugs at once!

Ive been picking the volumes up as they come out and really like it. It's nothing revolutionary but the story, characters and fights are cool. There's some nice spectacle to the power sets.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Is X of swords named for the number of swords Wolverine has in him? That's gotta be at least 10.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i need more nightmare face avatars in my October comics thread, please.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alienated had a really nice conclusion, that's gonna be one of my top books for the year.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Anyone get that Giant Sized X-Men tribute issue?
Not yet I kinda forgot about it. Do you know what's inside of it?
I got it, because coincidentally today I started reading through Claremont's run and when I saw it I said "why not?"

So, like, it's very pretty. You got Alex Ross splash first page, you got Samnee, you got Bartel and RB Silva and Larraz and 37 of the current best Marvel artists and specifically X-men artists. Usually they follow the same Cockrum paneling and general images, but sometimes they'll break out of it, like Margerite Sauvage making Storm's entrance bleed into the rest of the page. Most of the artists will have the usual modern coloring in their pages, but some opt for more "old school" pallettes and it makes for a nice look.

Overall it was nice, lots of cool moments and pages, and it was all pretty diverse but also on some cases the colorists kinda worked against the artstyle, and having only one single page, some didn't get to really shine, but it was an interesting read.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Not all x-men stories have to be about that. This tonally makes a lot of sense regarding the new krakoan status quo I think, questioning and challenging several core concepts of it and pushing the characters forward. And, like, fuck! swords, yes. More swords. Gimme. Not enough sword lesbians so far, though

Oh, I enjoy it as well. It's just thematically not the kind of thing that's written these days. Modern writers usually unite theme and tone.

So, you don't get Daredevil on a road trip through the Nine Realms, Dr. Strange going fist-to-fist with street crime, or Iron Man struggling to make rent. I don't think those are bad ideas that I pulled out of my ass to be honest, but they're also rare.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I lol'd when Magik stepped up with her sword at the end of X-Factor.

I imagine Gorgon was like Fuck yea, someone say swords!!?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Oh, I enjoy it as well. It's just thematically not the kind of thing that's written these days. Modern writers usually unite theme and tone.

So, you don't get Daredevil on a road trip through the Nine Realms, Dr. Strange going fist-to-fist with street crime, or Iron Man struggling to make rent. I don't think those are bad ideas that I pulled out of my ass to be honest, but they're also rare.
I see, yeah, i get what you're saying now

But also Apocalypse stuff and Otherworld have been related to x-men stuff for years from what i understand

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I mean with the pace X of Swords is going, I dont blame people for wanting to jump off and wait for the trades or single issue sales lol.

Totally bet the next 5 or 10 issues will be each of the different characters just going to get their swords.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Going to dig up some humble bundle stuff for horror reading this month heh.

And yeah, I am also bouncing off of X-men till the event is over. I will wait for the Sword trade later.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What is it about wearing the Flash uniform that turns Barry into super creeper lol.

Ok, seeing Ollie shoot Barry with arrows will always be funny

Last edited:

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
So I think, when I get my run of The Legion by DnA from eBay, I'm going to make two custom bound volumes. One will encompass The Legion Vol 1, The Legion Vol 2, and Legion Worlds #1-6. These are things I already have, and make up about 27 issues, but Legion Worlds #1-6 are double-length, so it's more like 33. The second volume will be The Legion #1-38. If I find The Legion Secret Files 3003 I will add that, too. It may actually be crucial to the run, but I can't remember. it's been awhile since I read it.

But this will bring my Legion custom binds to six thick volumes. Sure wish DC would have continued the thick Legionnaires trades. That run, along with the concurrently-running Legion of Superheroes, would have ended up being about 10 total thick trades, but we only got two.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So I think, when I get my run of The Legion by DnA from eBay, I'm going to make two custom bound volumes. One will encompass The Legion Vol 1, The Legion Vol 2, and Legion Worlds #1-6. These are things I already have, and make up about 27 issues, but Legion Worlds #1-6 are double-length, so it's more like 33. The second volume will be The Legion #1-38. If I find The Legion Secret Files 3003 I will add that, too. It may actually be crucial to the run, but I can't remember. it's been awhile since I read it.

But this will bring my Legion custom binds to six thick volumes. Sure wish DC would have continued the thick Legionnaires trades. That run, along with the concurrently-running Legion of Superheroes, would have ended up being about 10 total thick trades, but we only got two.
I had to get that Secret Files issue on Midtown Comics website lol.

I picked up everything in their run in singles, other than the issues collected in those two new trades. Those might be easier/cheaper to get btw if you havent already started collecting those in single issues for your binds.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I had to get that Secret Files issue on Midtown Comics website lol.

I picked up everything in their run in singles, other than the issues collected in those two new trades. Those might be easier/cheaper to get btw if you havent already started collecting those in single issues for your binds.
I got them all in singles (#1-38) for $50 on eBay (about $60 shipped). I was happy with that, since I normally only find it for about $80-100 shipped.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Where are you getting them bound nowadays VanWinkle? Houchen stopped right?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I used H&R over the summer, so they are still good to go.

They should have made Oliver shooting Barry with an arrow a running gag for each crossover

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I caught up on Chainsaw Man and I feel empty and I don't want to keep reading anymore. I don't want to believe the shit that has happened.

I'm so fuckin sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.