• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whose art do you like more?

• Pepe Larazz (House of X, best Rogue in comics?)

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Jorge Jimenez (Batman, Creator of Punchline)

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
-She gets rid of all the mutants with any future sight (seemed to only be Idyll) since any warnings of doom brought unrest and she was super arrogant

-She aggressively bred strong mutants, and makes note the many behind the wall never knew of the world beyond, and therefore remained ignorant, despite being safe

Granted Krakoa's not totally in the same spot, but it sounds familiar.
Is it?
Sounds like I need to read it again.

White Sword (who can ressurect people) and his army fought and died and came back so many times they lost their minds

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mad that Beast has been derailed so long that we've just accepted it as canon that he's a big asshole.

If I ever write the X-Men I'm going to be on there for 10 years and every time Wolverine is on panel he falls down and cries and shits his pants in fear, no matter the context or circumstance, in every scene. Eventually everyone will accept this as canon.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Really, really liking the Waid Daredevil still far. It's such a great voice for Daredevil. The heart of it is that Waid goes out of his way to explore how DD's powers and intelligence enable him to do the astonishing things he does. And a big part of that requires DD to be not just ridiculously confident, but also reckless. He puts himself into astonishingly dangerous situations, as well as his friends and associates!

It works so well when considering how DD always gets himself into awful situations in the past, how he often gets hurt horribly, how is friends often get put in terrible danger or die. And his new perky attitude reflects that better. It's like he's let go his guilt and embraced doing what he does just for the sake of doing it, regardless of the consequences. It's all sorts of mentally broken still, just in a new way.

Excited to see how this all pans out. I'm still just so many issues into the run, but I'm loving it.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Really, really liking the Waid Daredevil still far. It's such a great voice for Daredevil. The heart of it is that Waid goes out of his way to explore how DD's powers and intelligence enable him to do the astonishing things he does. And a big part of that requires DD to be not just ridiculously confident, but also reckless. He puts himself into astonishingly dangerous situations, as well as his friends and associates!

It works so well when considering how DD always gets himself into awful situations in the past, how he often gets hurt horribly, how is friends often get put in terrible danger or die. And his new perky attitude reflects that better. It's like he's let go his guilt and embraced doing what he does just for the sake of doing it, regardless of the consequences. It's all sorts of mentally broken still, just in a new way.

Excited to see how this all pans out. I'm still just so many issues into the run, but I'm loving it.

Glad you are enjoying this. The first big run I think I read after getting really into cape comics and picking up MU. (And still the only DD run I've read in full).

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
People arereally quick to drink the genesis koolaid
Nothing she's saying conflicts with what's been told before or gives us reason to not believe her. She makes herself out to be the bad guy, and still places herself opposite to Apocalypse.

I mean there isn't really a reason to not believe her.

Summoner, the one who stabbed Apocalypse in the back and tricked everyone, is the only one who really lied at all.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing she's saying conflicts with what's been told before or gives us reason to not believe her. She makes herself out to be the bad guy, and still places herself opposite to Apocalypse.

Summoner, the one who stabbed Apocalypse in the back and tricked everyone, is the only one who really lied at all.
Wouldn't be surprised if the White Sword thing wasn't complete one sided

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

I agree most of it sounds right, but everything regarding the White Sword is extremely suspicious

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I agree most of it sounds right, but everything regarding the White Sword is extremely suspicious

Wouldn't be surprised if the White Sword thing wasn't complete one sided
No. Probably not, but every account we've heard regarding him has been that he rode out with his soldiers, and when the Arakkii finally found him, he was an enemy and no longer an ally. Both Summoner and Genesis said that, and when War and Death (I think it was them, yeah?) went to go recruit him they certainly were not friendly.

Amenth is demons, dark magic, and war. It's possible that all of the stories line up at once. It's possible he made the same kind of pact Genesis did.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
No. Probably not, but every account we've heard regarding him has been that he rode out with his soldiers, and when the Arakkii finally found him, he was an enemy and no longer an ally. Both Summoner and Genesis said that, and when War and Death (I think it was them, yeah?) went to go recruit him they certainly were not friendly.
The issue is lucidity. Both accounts referred to him and his people as stark raving mad and incapable of telling friend from foe. He seems totally capable of seeing who is and isn't an amenth demon.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
The issue is lucidity. Both accounts referred to him and his people as stark raving mad and incapable of telling friend from foe. He seems totally capable of seeing who is and isn't an amenth demon.
True

The other point I'm weird on is that Genesis claims her people opened the gate to Arakko in desperation and only then did she put on the Annihilation helm, but yet bringing Apocalypse through to kill him was all a set up.

So unless I read that wrong, there's obviously a story skip. Summoner states that they managed to open a gate and send a piece of Arakko through in desperation. Genesis corroborates that to a degree, but obviously it's a lie because the entire plan was to bait Apocalypse in and move in on Earth cross-dimensionally

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
White Sword story is fucking vague
  • Him and his army fought for years and may have caused them to be mentally unstable or alienate them from everyone else probably from being immortal (hello Krakoa)
  • Genesis went to them and White sword attacks them
Considering Genesis is basically pre Hickman Apocalypse but better looking she may have hav3 betray him or pissed him off and her ego and blinded by ideology she didn't understand why White Sword hate her

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
The problem is how much of Genesis' story does Summoner corroborate? Because he wasn't alive for a chunk of it, which means he's repeating what he's been told.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
How much is Genesis in control and how much is it just Annihilation
That's the thing. We don't know Annihilation's full scope.

Real talk though, I love the way Duggan writes Storm
Does that mean you haven't read Tynion's Rebirth Detective Comics? Tsk tsk
She doesn't really show up much there, though. She just runs the clinic that Harper and Jean Paul work at. She pops up a few times.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
God, I still hate X-men 14 so much.

Aint never had an issue so thoroughly swear me off a run.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
n9wiv0n7rvx51.jpg

DC has a problem, and they're gonna need to fix it.

Forgot Duke. Shameful.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly We Are Robin is the only time I've cared about Duke. He's actually a dope character there. I didn't care much for The Signal mini, although to be fair I think I missed the final issue. I didn't care at all for Brian Hill's treatment of him in his Batman and the Outsiders run. His back-up story in Robin King was decent, but only made sense if you'd read Hill's Outsiders.

I like him. He just needs someone to bring out the potential. They keep sidelining his leadership potential and it bugs me a bit.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
The problem is how much of Genesis' story does Summoner corroborate? Because he wasn't alive for a chunk of it, which means he's repeating what he's been told.
Summoner admits nobdy knows what the fuck went on in there except Genesis and White Sword, and he tells what Genesis told him. Yet another thing that makes me go HMMM

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There never should have been a Robin past Tim Drake.

Maybe. I haven't decided yet.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot Duke. Shameful.

I don't care about Duke Thomas, but yeah I think he should be included. So should Batwing. Bugs me that they aren't. But there's other people missing.

- Azrael
- Huntress
- Catwoman
- Alfred
- Julia Pennyworth

LMAO a Batman television show could have a massive cast and it wouldn't even be unrealistic.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I don't care about Duke Thomas, but yeah I think he should be included. So should Batwing. Bugs me that they aren't. But there's other people missing.

- Azrael
- Huntress
- Catwoman
- Alfred
- Julia Pennyworth

LMAO a Batman television show could have a massive cast and it wouldn't even be unrealistic.
Duke and Julia aren't old enough to have existed when this pic was made. Cause I remember seeing it circulated back in 2013

The other's count, but honestly, fuck Azrael.

May 24, 2019
This is proof we'd all be happier if fanart didn't exist.

edit: Unofficial comic art should only exist on Messi's skin.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I kind of...don't want Huntress included? I don't enjoy her as the pariah of the Bat family, but I always liked her as the one that just was like "you know what? Fuck you guys. I'm helping whether you like it or not. Don't care if I'm not part of your little club."

She's not Jason where she has to walk that line of having a pre-history with the Bats. She's not Selina where she was a rogue doing a tango with Bruce. She's not Spoiler trying to prove herself. She's doing it for her.

Plus she has the Birds and Dinah. Like, fuck'em.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Duke and Julia aren't old enough to have existed when this pic was made. Cause I remember seeing it circulated back in 2013

The other's count, but honestly, fuck Azrael.
Man, I love Azrael. Old 90s Azrael was bad, but new post-Detective Comics is a ton of fun because of the hard personality switch and how that bounces off others. Azrael and Batwing were fun together.

I kind of...don't want Huntress included? I don't enjoy her as the pariah of the Bat family, but I always liked her as the one that just was like "you know what? Fuck you guys. I'm helping whether you like it or not. Don't care if I'm not part of your little club."

She's not Jason where she has to walk that line of having a pre-history with the Bats. She's not Selina where she was a rogue doing a tango with Bruce. She's not Spoiler trying to prove herself. She's doing it for her.

New 52/Rebirth Bertinelli isn't part of the Bat-family at all.

Joker War shows the current lineup as:

Nightwing
Batgirl
Red Hood
Robin
Drake
Signal
Orphan
Batwoman
Spoiler

Hell, Harley is more Bat-Family at this point than Huntress.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Detective Comics came out in that brief window where DC was allowing its writers to make good comics again so I should give Tynion's Batman a whirl sometime.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The actual family should be

Batman - Bruce
Nightwing - Dick
Robin - Damian
Batgirl - Babs
Red Hood at a stretch.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when to make Barbara interesting in the New 52 they made her the superhero who is afraid of being shot with guns, and then into an ersatz Stephanie Brown

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Batman - Bruce
Nightwing - Dick
Robin - Damian
Batgirl - Babs
Red Hood at a stretch.

I would say Batgirl should be Steph, Babs is Oracle, and Cassie is Orphan or whatever new moniker they want to give her.

Red Hood is the crazy uncle you only see at the holidays like Thanksgiving, where they are talking about all their dumb conspiracy theories.

Tim Drake is the only one that I feel like needs a new position or role. Like the dude is eternally stuck as Robin and its getting sad. Yea, Drake was a dumb name, but at least he had a chance to move on and do something new. Id even take Red Robin again if they gave him a better costume lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say Batgirl should be Steph, Babs is Oracle, and Cassie is Orphan or whatever new moniker they want to give her.

Red Hood is the crazy uncle you only see at the holidays like Thanksgiving, where they are talking about all their dumb conspiracy theories.

Tim Drake is the only one that I feel like needs a new position or role. Like the dude is eternally stuck as Robin and its getting sad. Yea, Drake was a dumb name, but at least he had a chance to move on and do something new. Id even take Red Robin again if they gave him a better costume lol.

Tim embodies the best aspect of Robin; the power fantasy of being the kid who gets to hang out with Batman, and then taking that even further by canonizing him as such a zealous fanboy he figured it out through obsessive nerdery and stalking.

Tim doesn't need a new identity because he is intrinsically tied to being Robin.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
In my opinion, just like Dick went from Robin to Nightwing, Tim needs the chance to do the same. The Robin moniker should be a possition thats filled by whoever is currently under Batman's tutelage or training. Right now that should be Damian.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally Cowboy Bebop in a good art style

these are tightest I've ever seen her shorts drawn.

Batman - Bruce
Nightwing - Dick
Robin - Damian
Batgirl - Babs
Red Hood at a stretch.
Go home DiDio.

In my opinion, just like Dick went from Robin to Nightwing, Tim needs the chance to do the same. The Robin moniker should be a possition thats filled by whoever is currently under Batman's tutelage or training. Right now that should be Damian.
Tim should be The Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.