• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whose art do you like more?

• Pepe Larazz (House of X, best Rogue in comics?)

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Jorge Jimenez (Batman, Creator of Punchline)

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Alright I binged through strange academy (it's only 4 issues lol) and the only thing I didn't like is the writing of strange. It just felt off almost every time he's on panel, and I also felt iffy about the basement guy. Good that he doesn't show up much, the other instructors are fine. Rintrah teaching math was surprising though, thought he would be teaching sewing or something but whatever . Otherwise it's fun in both characters and story and the art actually works well here.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
and all the alleged "fans of the series" hate it, just awful taste.
Fans of Suicide Squad hate Taylor's Suicide Squad? How? As someone who has not read it and only really knows this from interviews with Ostrander, the general idea of Suicide Squad was to take disposable characters and throw them into dangerous situations that were highly politicized, challenging the notion of a governmental "greater good." Using villains with the reward of rehabilitation or the punishment of death to remove any real sense of morality (either we save the bad guy and make them a good guy or the bad guy dies and there is now one less bad guy).

This series does exactly that, but playing more towards the corporate side of international politics. Y'know, buying whole countries and war for profit and privatizing prisons and the military.

Or were they huge fans of Harley trying to rape Deadshot while he wore Joker's face?

May 24, 2019
I'm guessing 'ALLEGED fans' is right and they're complaining about SJW Squad (I'm presuming that's what gators are calling it) taking over from the good old days that they never actually read.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Fans of Suicide Squad hate Taylor's Suicide Squad? How? As someone who has not read it and only really knows this from interviews with Ostrander, the general idea of Suicide Squad was to take disposable characters and throw them into dangerous situations that were highly politicized, challenging the notion of a governmental "greater good." Using villains with the reward of rehabilitation or the punishment of death to remove any real sense of morality (either we save the bad guy and make them a good guy or the bad guy dies and there is now one less bad guy).

This series does exactly that, but playing more towards the corporate side of international politics. Y'know, buying whole countries and war for profit and privatizing prisons and the military.

Or were they huge fans of Harley trying to rape Deadshot while he wore Joker's face?
To be fair, Taylor's SS has no Waller. Some people love SS for the interactions between Amanda and the team more than the actual concept itself

at least that's from what I heard

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh those people (person really) I am talking is a fan of Ostrander's and Ostrander's run only. Which isn't really rare for comic suicide squad "fans" I think

just @ me next time 😂

Taylor's run is really good, it's a shame it's ending so soon. Wink and the Aerie are the best

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
just @ me next time 😂

Taylor's run is really good, it's a shame it's ending so soon. Wink and the Aerie are the best
Hah, knew it wasn't rare.

I'm eagerly awaiting the DC comic app to arrive so I can read those series I am somewhat interested in. Taylor's SS will be near the top of my list

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Oh those people (person really) I am talking is a fan of Ostrander's and Ostrander's run only. Which isn't really rare for comic suicide squad "fans" I think
I'm just fucking around with the Glass shit. Like I get it that people want their SS staples and when they don't get them, then it sucks. It happens for every property in Marvel and DC. If you don't have certain staples in the book you picked, then it's garbage.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I have a serious grievance with the lack of this song on the Spider-Verse soundtrack.

In fact there doesn't seem to be any way to buy the song. Like, what the fuck.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Aizō

G4Ze3Ci.gif
Aizō bit late but happy birthday!
Thanks a lot :)
Oh, shit, Aizō-San! お誕生日おめでとう!
サンキュー~

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I call bullshit on the ending of Teenage Bounty Hunters

Time to read comics, which have historically never been bullshit

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The diner scene in the latest episode of Jujutsu Kaisen is somehow a more terrifying example of people burning alive than Fire Force which is just about that very thing.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
the plot has devolved into a mess of serums, clones, and family drama but Spider-Woman is dedicated to having at least one scene per issue of Jessica beating the shit out of people and talking like a psychopath and Pere Perez totally sells it. an action comic that actually delivers on the action, what a concept. I dig it.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
www.cbr.com

INTERVIEW: Eternals' Kieron Gillen Hypes the Return of Marvel's Cosmic Angels

Writer Kieron Gillen talks about building on Jack Kirby's epic cosmic mythology to bring the Eternals back into the Marvel Universe.

The Eternals comic sounds so promising, we may end up with another House of X/Powers of X with this.
This sounds awesome. From that interview it seems like Gillen is a great choice. I'd hesitate to say it's another Dawn of X thing but I like what I hear.

Happy Birthday Aizō !

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Black Panther Daredevil issues! Could have been worse. Jumped right into Daredevil by Waid, which is already outstanding just a few issues in. Really interesting and unique voice for Matt.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing about Eternals is still essentially a blank slate so Gillen can do his long game WicDiv thing and create his own rules and laws and character relationships. I'm sure he's got years worth of stories in his Eternals Bible. Only concern is who drawing it all and if the sales are there for long term.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
surely marvel would give him a minimum issue count he can hit even if sales aren't there... right?

the delays probably didn't help though, like they're still keeping them in the solicits despite being 2+ months off so that people don't forget it's coming out

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Seems the minimum is 12 and he talks as though he's got more in him after that. So we've got 12 issues of Gillen and Ribic.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Waking up to the good news was amazing. I can finally rest. Obligatory dance gif in celebration.

ObviousHastyBluebottlejellyfish-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.