• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whose art do you like more?

• Pepe Larazz (House of X, best Rogue in comics?)

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Jorge Jimenez (Batman, Creator of Punchline)

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised Magik has time to pursue a teaching career what with all the other x-men things going on.
And Wanda is working there too. That must be awkward...

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm honestly surprised Magik has time to pursue a teaching career what with all the other x-men things going on.
And Wanda is working there too. That must be awkward...
Magik's been working with Wanda for like ages. It's one of those things they never address. Probably falls under "Eh, I've almost caused the end of the known universe twice, it happens."

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Is Hickman still shitting over Wanda for Bendis' fuckery?

I mean, now that it's a thing that happened, it's kind of hard to fault characters for having an issue with Wanda? It was literal genocide. Unless they completely retcon it as a thing that happens, then yeah...

They need to more firmly Dark Phoenix it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
lol at those Square Enix Avengers sales #s. Deus Ex died for this crap damnit. Not every multiplayer game has to have a GAAS model.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, now that it's a thing that happened, it's kind of hard to fault characters for having an issue with Wanda? It was literal genocide. Unless they completely retcon it as a thing that happens, then yeah...

The problem is that it was a bad story where Wanda was a plot device, where the veil between fiction and reader was punctured and everyone came away understanding that nothing Wanda did was actually her fault. It's hard to build organic and satisfying conflict from that (see: over a decade of godawful X-Men stories about mutant genocide and literally nothing else) when the character we're meant to hold in contempt is as much a victim as those she wronged.

Remember post-AvX where Cyclops was a pariah? Same deets. We didn't resent Cyclops, we resented the writers for dragging him through the mud.

I love the idea of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as Magneto kids as a piece of connected world building, but Wanda was never popular enough to overcome what Bendis inflicted on her and it's for the best that the twins are now totally divorced from the X-brand.

May 24, 2019
A woman just knocked on my door asking for a cigarette and to come in. When I told her no and that I didn't smoke, she called me a lying cunt.
Just saying so long in case I die today 😂

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all... look how they massacred InStockTrades. We were expecting an update, but not this. Not this.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
A woman just knocked on my door asking for a cigarette and to come in. When I told her no and that I didn't smoke, she called me a lying cunt.
Just saying so long in case I die today 😂
Why'd you lie to her, though?

Nah, It's from the Cable XoS issue

there's some evil alien horde that invaded the SWORD space station and they came in through a portal that looks really similar to a Minecraft Nether Portal but is made out of dead bodies. At the end of the issue Cyclops seems to imply he plans on teleporting those aliens to Otherworld if things go south
Oh! Haha. That's interesting. I'm still not caught up, but I got cmx credit for my birthday, so I'll be buying more x-men comics soon.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
IST's new wishlist is annoying and it's hard to see what's in stock or isn't now. It was super clear before, also, my entire wishlist was on one page and now it's across 3 different pages.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that the economically disenfranchised being swayed by three dollar speeches, allowing their hard times to foster resentment and seek a bogeyman to take the blame, that's how fascism starts and it starts because we seek a way out at the expense of a nebulous Other. Fuck you, got mine, that's how we get swayed by crooks with sweet tasting lies about our status as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.

I think what Remender is saying is that fascism comes from duping people who don't have a lot into turning on people who may have even less, but that ignores that there's a level of willful denial in the face of the actions of wannabe fascists, that it's okay that they hurt and pillage and make life worse for everyone, just as long as the Other is also getting hurt just a bit more.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that it was a bad story where Wanda was a plot device, where the veil between fiction and reader was punctured and everyone came away understanding that nothing Wanda did was actually her fault. It's hard to build organic and satisfying conflict from that (see: over a decade of godawful X-Men stories about mutant genocide and literally nothing else) when the character we're meant to hold in contempt is as much a victim as those she wronged.

Remember post-AvX where Cyclops was a pariah? Same deets. We didn't resent Cyclops, we resented the writers for dragging him through the mud.

I love the idea of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as Magneto kids as a piece of connected world building, but Wanda was never popular enough to overcome what Bendis inflicted on her and it's for the best that the twins are now totally divorced from the X-brand.

Right, right, but Cyclops didn't commit genocide. Like, this is the problem. Wolverine kills a few folks, we let that slide. The issue isn't Wanda went bad for a bit, it's Wanda committed full genocide, and they haven't 100% divorced her from it. The Inhumans actually sort of have the same problem now. You gassed entire cities.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Underhanded omnibus confirmation... the Batman: Road to No Man's Land Omnibus is getting into people's hands today and there's a teaser image at the very back. It reads "Continued in Batman: No Man's Land Omnibus Vol. 1..." In other words, at least two volumes of Batman: No Man's Land omnibuses in the works. Nothing too surprising, but good to have official.

124075171_10108329595470710_1453060784035845429_o.jpg

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Underhanded omnibus confirmation... the Batman: Road to No Man's Land Omnibus is getting into people's hands today and there's a teaser image at the very back. It reads "Continued in Batman: No Man's Land Omnibus Vol. 1..." In other words, at least two volumes of Batman: No Man's Land omnibuses in the works. Nothing too surprising, but good to have official.

124075171_10108329595470710_1453060784035845429_o.jpg
Oh no, not that Azreal suit.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, right, but Cyclops didn't commit genocide. Like, this is the problem. Wolverine kills a few folks, we let that slide. The issue isn't Wanda went bad for a bit, it's Wanda committed full genocide, and they haven't 100% divorced her from it. The Inhumans actually sort of have the same problem now.

I get that, but I'm saying nobody who actually cares about Scarlet Witch as a character is interested in holding her to task for it, because it's been 15 years and House of M is still the story that rendered her completely radioactive.

It is hella weird that it hasn't been explicitly undone, but all the damage has. Everyone's alive again. It's time to just forget it ever happened.

I also think the Inhumans, at the hands of writers who did not give a fuck about how those characters ticked, are now stuck in the same boat thanks to the Terrigen Mists storyline and how that affected the X-books, explicitly being positioned as replacements and antagonists to the X-Men (who, you know, have a lot more fans who are willing to spend money on X-Men comics).

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
just have it so there's actually two Scarlet Witches, one did M-Day and the other is genocide free

(not like that isn't going to happen anyway with the X-Men doing there thing while she probably shows up in Avengers and Strange Academy like nothing is happening)

hmmmm I think that Darkhold thing Orlando was doing before Covid was supposed to have heavy Scarlet Witch involvement. So yeah, do the above.

OR prepare your butts for Avengers vs. X-Men 2: This Time It's Personal

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought the whole point of AvX was redemption for scarlet witch. She combined her powers with Hope and straight up reversed House of Ms effect. Like what the hell else do ya want?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I get that, but I'm saying nobody who actually cares about Scarlet Witch as a character is interested in holding her to task for it, because it's been 15 years and House of M is still the story that rendered her completely radioactive.

It is hella weird that it hasn't been explicitly undone, but all the damage has. Everyone's alive again. It's time to just forget it ever happened.
Very true on both parts.

I also think the Inhumans, at the hands of writers who did not give a fuck about how those characters ticked, are now stuck in the same boat thanks to the Terrigen Mists storyline and how that affected the X-books, explicitly being positioned as replacements and antagonists to the X-Men (who, you know, have a lot more fans who are willing to spend money on X-Men comics).

Yeah, Inhumans also need a reset, or to foist off the blame to mind control or something. And Beast continues to suffer for working with them.

I honestly thought the whole point of AvX was redemption for scarlet witch. She combined her powers with Hope and straight up reversed House of Ms effect. Like what the hell else do ya want?
You letting Sean Spicer go for being the President's mouthpiece for lies? No? Like, mutants died en masse when their powers shut off. The surviving ones got re-powered, but again... horror. So it probably makes sense in universe that folks ain't happy with it. Like, again... I get the thrust, rehab Scarlet Witch firmly, but also, logically mutants hating her and note, just hating her, not actually doing anything else... makes sense.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
3 issues in to Taylor's Suicide Squad. Its smart, and funny, and very timely. Might be the best Suicide Squad has been since before the New 52 lol.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Very true on both parts.

Yeah, Inhumans also need a reset, or to foist off the blame to mind control or something. And Beast continues to suffer for working with them.

You letting Sean Spicer go for being the President's mouthpiece for lies? No? Like, mutants died en masse when their powers shut off. The surviving ones got re-powered, but again... horror. So it probably makes sense in universe that folks ain't happy with it.

theoretically all the people that died when their powers got turned off can be revived so it's like it never happened!

I say theoretically because we all know the revival system will be broken before too long

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It was a half measure, is the thing. People still died, either directly because of no longer being Mutants or getting murdered by the Purifiers, and longtime fan favourites were still depowered. Even with AvX and Children's Crusade as attempts to fix Scarlet Witch, she was still stuck with the guilt of causing death on such a scale (hell I think there's one comic that explicitly states Wanda drove Mutants to extinction across the multiverse).

Then it got followed up by Uncanny "Scarlet Witch says Mutants have no culture" Avengers which tore the bandaid right off.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
theoretically all the people that died when their powers got turned off can be revived so it's like it never happened!

I say theoretically because we all know the revival system will be broken before too long

They uhh... really should do that. Now, while Hickman revival still works.

Then it got followed up by Uncanny "Scarlet Witch says Mutants have no culture" Avengers which tore the bandaid right off.

We don't talk about that. Though it did hurt Havok.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You letting Sean Spicer go for being the President's mouthpiece for lies? No? Like, mutants died en masse when their powers shut off. The surviving ones got re-powered, but again... horror. So it probably makes sense in universe that folks ain't happy with it. Like, again... I get the thrust, rehab Scarlet Witch firmly, but also, logically mutants hating her and note, just hating her, not actually doing anything else... makes sense.

I mean, it kinda rings hollow when they have on count 4 genociders on Krakoa, whose genocides have not been undone.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Six if anybody ever gets around to remembering that Beats and Angel helped LITERALLY destroy Hala.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
They uhh... really should do that. Now, while Hickman revival still works.

We don't talk about that. Though it did hurt Havok.

these are the people that decided that the most efficient way to repower depowered mutants was an elaborate ceremony that would realisitically probably handle a dozen or so (and that's a stretch) mutants when there are potential thousands willing to undergo the process. it's like they forgot they lived in a comic book where nothing lasts forever.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very true on both parts.

Man they got mothafuckin apocalypse and mr sinister on the quiet council cut Wanda some slack

and beast has like 10x as many genocides lmao

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Man they got mothafuckin apocalypse and mr sinister on the quiet council cut Wanda some slack

and beast has like 10x as many genocides lmao

Like I said, villains! Including Beast. Does anyone like Beast?

If Wanda wants to go full anti-hero, that'd be cool.

EDIT: Actually, I'm interested in seeing the writer who wants to try and rehab Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.