• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whose art do you like more?

• Pepe Larazz (House of X, best Rogue in comics?)

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Jorge Jimenez (Batman, Creator of Punchline)

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Who came up with the weird rule that Mandalorian's cant take their helmets off in front of people lol. Sounds like some random throwaway line in an EU novel that the writers thought made them sound deep and kept it in the show.

Season 1 Episode 4 is straight up Seven Samurai, but with a Mando and a crappy Gina Carano lol

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
SWORDS!

X-men #14: I think I finally understand what the White Sword's deal is now. Also interesting that she only recently decided to take the role of annihilation. This will totally result in her breaking out of annihilation's control for a second

Marauders #14: Damn Death and Storm are actually pretty cute together? Pogg is a highlight, being confirmed to rhyme like Etrigan makes him even better. Wolverine is just a dick the whole issue. Him telling Brian to take one for the team was hilarious though. This issue was just a blast overall, loved the little interactions between and within the teams.

Really looking forward to the rest of the event now, the new dynamic is more fun than simple "hero vs villain"

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I bet if Hickman was writing this Marauders he'd have had Betsy agreeing with Logan about Brian taking one for the team. These mutants are entirely comfortable with suicide missions, watching other mutants get beat to death to be resurrected with their powers. But they wouldn't fuck a qt3.14 to save Earth? Psh. Humans.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm acutely aware of the other garbage Marvel anime, but y'all ever forget that there was an X-Men anime where Armor was one of the main characters? I forget all the time (never saw it, thank god).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I bet if Hickman was writing this Marauders he'd have had Betsy agreeing with Logan about Brian taking one for the team. These mutants are entirely comfortable with suicide missions, watching other mutants get beat to death to be resurrected with their powers. But they wouldn't fuck a qt3.14 to save Earth? Psh. Humans.
I bet if Hickman was writing this election we'd be invaded by hot squid ladies about now.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
GOTG #8: Huh, the reveal actually surprised me and nicely ties into Empyre. I felt the ending, considering it has to tie into Knull, was actually handled pretty well. A fun murder mystery arc that actually has a reveal that makes sense is rare in cape stories, so I'll take it

Thor #9: The reveal of the scope of blake's fantasy land mirroring later was done beautifully, and the concept of the world itself is intriguing. I don't like how blake is a second, separate person now though, although I cannot blame that on Cates. Always preferred that he when he was the secret identity of thor, nothing more. And damn, how'd he manage to kill the world serpent? That's insane

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Monochrome hot squid ladies, to be exact. With white skin.
Their clothing was white.

4388270-new_avengers_31_cover.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the Marvel logo to have the X-Men theme playing over it in 2039.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck, like, fuck. How is Kelly so good so consistently. Like god damn. Her range is immense. She's up there with Ewing and Gillen as my favorite writers, I think.

Black Widow #3 is good fucking comic books
One of my top 5
Mark Waid's Black Widow was so good that it makes me want more Natasha in my life.
One of the best #1s I've ever read.
I've seen people online complaining about how slow this event has been and why are we still getting exposition dumps like this week's Xmen just rehashing Arrako's history.

I'll gladly take more Arrako lore and Apocalypse development over a dumb sword-fighting tournament. That stuff is way more interesting than whether or not Magick wins a fight against a big alligator.
On the one hand, yes. On the other hand, the whole premise is that it's a sword fighting tournament. It's kind of the whole point of what got everyone hyped to see. You can pretend like a bunch of badass sword fights for the next however many issues wouldn't be awesome, but you'd be lying, because that's the point of the event and all the art teams are dope.
Who came up with the weird rule that Mandalorian's cant take their helmets off in front of people lol. Sounds like some random throwaway line in an EU novel that the writers thought made them sound deep and kept it in the show.

Season 1 Episode 4 is straight up Seven Samurai, but with a Mando and a crappy Gina Carano lol
Dave Filoni is all over that shit. They make a point in stating that those Mandalorians are basically a "religious" sect. In Clone Wars and Rebels it was more for practicality and adopting old school warrior practices to fight. Pre bastardized the whole thing to grab power.
I'm acutely aware of the other garbage Marvel anime, but y'all ever forget that there was an X-Men anime where Armor was one of the main characters? I forget all the time (never saw it, thank god).

It was so bad. Basically pulled from Morrison's New X-Men.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
"I'll read some comics before bed, take my mind off this election and all the anxiety"
*starts reading Adrian Tomine's "Killing and Dying"*
"...well shit, that didn't help at all"

I don't know why I thought something called Killing and Dying was going to be a fun read, but some of these stories are genuinely upsetting. I just wish I could help the characters make better decisions...which then makes me think of all my bad decisions... I have such a love/hate relationship with "heavy" comics or whatever they're called.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
If Hickman wrote Marauders #14, it'd be a FOURTH retelling of the same god damn backstory.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Hmm. I guess my friends all loved Billy Bat, Einchy, Weiss. Maybe I was just frustrated from reading it month to month for years. I'll have to give it another chance and read the last 20% I left.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Although I feel the same about a lot of Urasawa's work.
It starts well, then unravels into a mess as it goes on.
I agree that it's an issue when he does most of his weird mystery stories, except Pluto. He used to do such different stuff, though. Yawara and Happy, for example. Interesting career.
"I'll read some comics before bed, take my mind off this election and all the anxiety"
*starts reading Adrian Tomine's "Killing and Dying"*
"...well shit, that didn't help at all"

I don't know why I thought something called Killing and Dying was going to be a fun read, but some of these stories are genuinely upsetting. I just wish I could help the characters make better decisions...which then makes me think of all my bad decisions... I have such a love/hate relationship with "heavy" comics or whatever they're called.
That may be my favorite thing Tomine has done, though this might not be the week to read it.

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I hate ultimate hulk goblin even more than I do Demogoblin.
Both dumb ideas.
Both best left forgotten.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I guess my friends all loved Billy Bat, Einchy, Weiss. Maybe I was just frustrated from reading it month to month for years. I'll have to give it another chance and read the last 20% I left.
Billy Bat with the clutch finish.

You know, I was also reading it as it came out but stopped and was gonna wait until it was finished to read it. That was sooooo long ago now and it's still not out in English.

That was also my plan for the new Eva movies 'cus I thought they'd all release a year apart. I finally caved in with those when the third took forever to come out.

Last edited:

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I actually liked the X-Men anime the best of all the marvel animes that were released at that time.

It's hardly perfect but it's worth a watch IMO

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised Billy Bat hasn't recieved an official english release.
When most of Urasawa's other works have been.
Most odd.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd rather die than face this sickness again. I'm so miserable. Fuck everything

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

I watched the whole thing and I can't tell you a single thing that happened. It was painfully boring which is the exact opposite of what an X-Men anime should be.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Norman hulking out takes away the fun for me of a middle age dude riding around in a silly costume.
That and it just looks bad.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy, Sony is saying there will be no PS5s in stores on launch day. Sales will be online only. No word on when they reach stores.

My Amazon pre-order is currently set for the end of November, which I dont mind. Just hope they dont cancel it in the mean time.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
fuck. i'm so sorry messi. have they hooked you up with plenty of medicine to treat this shit?

There's no treatment. You just wait it out. Its a rare disease activated initially by infection or medication. You can only lessen the itchyness with anti histamines. I've been taking baths 2 tones a day in baking soda I believe and that stops the itchyness for a few hours.

I've showed freeza pics of my body during my last attack and he knows it's no joke.

My attacks last from 4-6 weeks on a sliding scale of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.