• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whose art do you like more?

• Pepe Larazz (House of X, best Rogue in comics?)

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Jorge Jimenez (Batman, Creator of Punchline)

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The X-men books were great this week.
Wolverine getting shit done.
Or at least giving his best stab at it.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Fuck, like, fuck. How is Kelly so good so consistently. Like god damn. Her range is immense. She's up there with Ewing and Gillen as my favorite writers, I think.

Black Widow #3 is good fucking comic books

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, like, fuck. How is Kelly so good so consistently. Like god damn. Her range is immense. She's up there with Ewing and Gillen as my favorite writers, I think.

Black Widow #3 is good fucking comic books
I grabbed it but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I still have some stuff from last week. I don't think it's gonna be today! 😬

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
So what you are all saying is, I should be reading Black Widow?

There are too many good books dammit!
What's a man to do!?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Mark Waid's Black Widow was so good that it makes me want more Natasha in my life.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Miles Morales #20 - With that announcement of his Ms. Marvel series ending soon this issue only further highlighted how much better his run with Miles has been over his Kamala book. lol But for real, I've really been enjoying this arc. Love all the house cleaning he's been doing in the book in regards to giving Miles more character, focusing on his setting, his actual handle on the venom blast power, and addressing the continuity issues from the Ultimate Universe. Dude has been doing God's work and I salute him.

I get the feeling that the Green Goblin that has been appearing in this arc is not actually Ultimate Norman Osborn. Osborn had a massive God-Complex in the original run and this version is anything but. I get the feeling that he is an entirely different character all together and it'd be a nice way to have this version of the Goblin sticking around without having to deal with two Norman running around.

Last edited:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Ok you know I think X of Swords should be longer. 50 issues or so sounds good

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
The X-men books were great this week.
Wolverine getting shit done.
Or at least giving his best stab at it.

I've seen people online complaining about how slow this event has been and why are we still getting exposition dumps like this week's Xmen just rehashing Arrako's history.

I'll gladly take more Arrako lore and Apocalypse development over a dumb sword-fighting tournament. That stuff is way more interesting than whether or not Magick wins a fight against a big alligator.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Boooo

Was thinking of getting into it but the HCs are still a bit pricey even used.

It's odd that they never released any of those in paperback seeing as the run is pretty old now.
i think it's because the omnibuses were still well-stocked until the covid-19 surge made 'em disappear.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people online complaining about how slow this event has been and why are we still getting exposition dumps like this week's Xmen just rehashing Arrako's history.

I'll gladly take more Arrako lore and Apocalypse development over a dumb sword-fighting tournament. That stuff is way more interesting than whether or not Magick wins a fight against a big alligator.
Agreed.
The backstory of Apocalypse, his wife and all the intricacies of Arakko were great.
And the dinner party in Marauders was also wildly entertaining.
Like you say, its almost a shame that they all have to kill each other.

I am getting mad death flags from Apocalypse though.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

The people complaining that it's slow don't know shit, and all the buildup has been wildly entertaining, mostly, but also, the sword fighting tournament is very cool and i want to see magik fight a big alligator for like 3 issues

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
i think it's because the omnibuses were still well-stocked until the covid-19 surge made 'em disappear.
You know, I'd be really interested in seeing some data on trade sales after COVID hit. Just seeing at stuff like IST and whatnot, it seems like sales went up an insane amount.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
The people complaining that it's slow don't know shit, and all the buildup has been wildly entertaining, mostly, but also, the sword fighting tournament is very cool and i want to see magik fight a big alligator for like 3 issues

Nah, just bring Pogg back to Krakoa so he can chill in the Green Lagoon.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
⚔ SWORDS SWORDS SWORDS ⚔

Aww yeah, we've got all the swords, now it's time for everyone to START FIGH- oh, wait, no, not yet.

X-Men 14 was........................ good. It's a good story. But it's just held back by #12, and honestly at this point I just think issue 12 was badly done. it's an interesting narrative trick, showing the same events with different narration, one lies and the other (mostly) truths. But for it to work I think the issues should have been either more far apart, or the story should have taken less space of each issue. Like, it's around 15 pages of repeated artwork. Neat trick, but feels cheap when buying both issues.
And that's another problem I have. The art was clearly made with #14 in mind, so 12 was kind of a hard-to-understand mess. Maybe they should have changed the art a bit or something. I don't know.
Anyways Genesis is good she's real cool

Marauders 14 was everything I love about the event thrown into one issue. It's so much fun. So much fun. Magik, Gorgon, Isca, Pogg, are a delight. Their interactions are so good. The setting is super fun. Storm playing around with Death is perfect. Love it for her. And we continue the story of Wolverine trying to protect the kids and the peace of krakoa while being completely out of his element to its inevitable conclusion. It was real tense seeing Logan drown himself in alcohol to prepare for what he was gonna do. Fuck. Can't wait for the next issue. But like... where the fuck is Solem? Literally everyone but him is here. There's something going on

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Wolverine will be disqualified now.
Somehow I doubt it. He has to fight Solem at some point.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
If you throw another data page or block of text at me in an X book imma skip that... And the next one... And the next one.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to read the last bit of Locas that I had saved up. This whole arc with Maggie's apartment management gig and Izzy and Viv is such a downer. Poor Perla. The short flash-backs woven into the whole thing was super well done and you really feel for what Maggie is going through with figuring out her identity. Jaime as ever is so good at shadows.

xeJL222.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
US Agent was pretty good. Its going to read much better when its all collected. Thats just how Priest writes his story arcs, you get things out of order like a Tarantino movie, but with good context for why he shifts back and forth.

I do like how he gave US Agent a person to pall around with him. You get a lot of shitting on him for being a red neck bigot when they get together thats pretty funny. Rather than the crappy preachy social commentary Remender was doing in Death or Glory lol.

X-Men was straight up a word for word, page for page, repeat of the first X of Swords issue, or one of those in the beginning, but with some extra pages at the beginning and the end to give it more weight. Think hes done that technique in the past. I enjoyed it, but I can totally see people getting tired of how slow going things have been lol.

Marauders was much more fun, but still just setting things up still. I think were going to get one more issue before the fights begin.

I cant tell if they are going to fighting separately in the different areas or regions in Otherworld or if they will be all fighting together. It sounds like it could go either way. Probably going to end up being a battle royal style where they all get teleported randomly to all different areas and have to work towards meeting in the middle somewhere.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I hope no one dies in X of Swords
I just want more War and Isca being snarky at the krakoa, Pogg being Pogg, Famine being a stuck up, Death being a Casanova

I didn't think i would kill War and Death as much as i did but this is why Marauders is the best x book

Keep them alive but keep them hating each lol

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
recontextualizing events through a change in perspective is a top-tier Hickman trick, but the ten word summary in the form of the three laws of Arakko is really the top-tier stuff, X-Men is just flexing at this point, it's doing event comics just to show off, I love it

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Kid Thanos
Of course
Does the timeline makes sense in Avengers in regards to that

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
How is the galactic government and economy ever stable in Marvel u, every marvrl event the galaxy gets its ass kicked or bunch of civilizations or planets owned by one of the galactic powers get wiped out by the bad guys

There must be like 20 planets left at this point

Guardians: we interrupt this lock room mystery to bring you The Knull Who Laughs

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Me yesterday: don't look at the election thread, it'll only make you worry.

Me today: F5ing for the past 7 hours

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried reading the Viz app again after a month and I hated it. It's all just Shonen Jump anyway, not like I'm missing out anything I'll fall in love with.

If this seems harsh remember that I spent money on digital comics on the reg instead of just subbing to a subscription service like a normal person.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I hope no one dies in X of Swords
I just want more War and Isca being snarky at the krakoa, Pogg being Pogg, Famine being a stuck up, Death being a Casanova

I didn't think i would kill War and Death as much as i did but this is why Marauders is the best x book

Keep them alive but keep them hating each lol
Yeah... I'm in the opposite end of things.

I find these villains hyper disposable, and just want cool fights out of them and then them kicked to the curb. They're PEAK hickman forgettable enemies to me. They're not the builders, but they're in that same spot as the Black order is for me most days.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I finished Shadowland before the election. It's nothing to write home about, but it was easy to read. I'm on the Black Panther run as Daredevil now and it 's pretty good. Better than Shadowland, though not very self-serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.