• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whose art do you like more?

• Pepe Larazz (House of X, best Rogue in comics?)

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Jorge Jimenez (Batman, Creator of Punchline)

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that orange punk bitch. Let's goooooooooooooooo.

giphy.gif

CheapGiantAstarte-small.gif

tenor.gif

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Didnt that issue come out after the election? I sorta remember people talking about that.
Bendis delayed CW2 and because of it, the MM tie in got delayed and it fucked over the issue after which was that one

I think that's why MM stopped doing tie ins after.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The Good Doctor did a great episode on COVID for their season premier. Although, they literally filmed the season while the pandemic was still going lol.

Damnit, its a two parter

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
yarg, the Moon Knight tie-ins for Shadowland are fuckin ghastly. literally had moon knight's wife announce she's pregnant just so they could have shadow knight assault her/cause a miscarriage at the end of an issue. some abhorrent shit here.

May 24, 2019
Sony just won next-gen.

Your move, Phil.

All I need MS to do is keep putting good shit on Gamepass.
I bought up 2 years of GP through that cheap Gold conversion deal, so the plan is to not spend another buck on that side in that time.
(edit: Or not much more money. There is stupid stuff like Yakuza 7 only having a "next gen patch" this year on Xbox, so that'll be bought there.)

Last edited:

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've started coming around to the idea that the Justice League cartoon did Superman dirty.

He's kind of a dupe and a thug, mostly useful for his strength than any of his positive qualities as a person. Batman is faced with a reality warping godchild and even then refuses to do the wrong thing, sitting with Ace as she dies to give her some last comfort. Superman's defining moment in the series is his famous World of Cardboard speech, and the jist of it is "I like punching and I'mma punch you good, Master forgive me for I have to go all out."

Famous, yes. Defining? No.

The biggest problem with that episode is that mainline Superman doesn't get to have any reaction to learning about that other than "huh, weird"

Which crops up again when the Justice Lords storyline happens in JL/JLU and it turns into a Batman arc despite the fact that alt Superman set the whole thing off. Then the rest of the show is about the other characters telling Superman to chill out while he mean mugs all the time.

I actually don't that like AU episode in S:TAS. A lot of the episode is rather meandering, and I don't buy Superman going evil just because Lois died.

They did a waaayy better job with a similar concept in JL with "A Better World."

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I've started coming around to the idea that the Justice League cartoon did Superman dirty.

He's kind of a dupe and a thug, mostly useful for his strength than any of his positive qualities as a person. Batman is faced with a reality warping godchild and even then refuses to do the wrong thing, sitting with Ace as she dies to give her some last comfort. Superman's defining moment in the series is his famous World of Cardboard speech, and the jist of it is "I like punching and I'mma punch you good, Master forgive me for I have to go all out."
Yes and no. I won't disagree that Superman does get shafted a bit compared to the rest of the crew in terms of character, especially stacked against Batman, GL, and Hawkgirl, and especially when it comes to Unlimited. JLU spends most of that series with a storyline exclusively involving Superman being manipulated by Lex and having to deal with the sheer lack of trust by the public, government, and other Leaguers.

"World of Cardboard" is huge, but it's huge primarily because it's versus Darkseid (fused with Brainiac), an opponent who has fucked with him on such a physical level consistently since Superman TAS. Darkseid even throws something Clark said back in a JL two parter, "Twilight" back in his face about how he won't stop until Earth is in ruins (in "Twilight" Clark said he wouldn't stop until Darkseid was a greasy smear on his fist).

But other episodes, like "For the Man Who Has Everything", "War World", and "Hereafter" show that he isn't just a big thug who mopes "A Better World" is complex and has a lot of layers not just for Superman and Batman, but for everyone. Especially Flash.
Still, could be worse

14ab37e33f70d62ae3476e26da851a7c.jpg

This fucking guy
Naaaaah. He on Conner are bros to the point of him saying he'll stand up for Conner's wedding and they refer to each other by Kryptonian names.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Naaaaah. He on Conner are bros to the point of him saying he'll stand up for Conner's wedding and they refer to each other by Kryptonian names.
They are now, but in the beginning, Clark was on some shit with the way he treated Conner. Sure, being uneasy and not knowing how to talk about the sheer violation of being cloned in the beginning is fine, but going through two and a half seasons without any real sort of interaction was kind of shitty.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So Comixology hardcore fucked up. Justice League is just Wonder Woman Agent of Peace. Dunno how that happened. It's listed as Justice League and the description is JL, but the actual issue is Wonder Woman.

May 24, 2019
So Comixology hardcore fucked up. Justice League is just Wonder Woman Agent of Peace. Dunno how that happened. It's listed as Justice League and the description is JL, but the actual issue is Wonder Woman.

I've seen updates pushed to comics in the app, so I'm sure you'll get it fixed.

edit: Oh. It's right there on the store. I wonder what you get if you buy it.
JZOOHqn.jpg

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Comixology is just trying to save people from Death Metal, can you blame them?

May 24, 2019
I just read that over 40% of eligible US citizens don't vote. Wut? This year's government election turnout was 80% here in NZ.

edit: Also finished the original Sweet Tooth. I'm interested to learn how the heck it's brought back.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
Huh, not sure what to think of the new Sweet Tooth series

Very early, but it feels a little close to other recent big-time-jump apocalyptic comics like Last Knight on Earth and WW: Dead Earth or something like Little Bird with the oppressive religion running a society, though I am intrigued with how it's echoing and flipping the original first issue.
I would have actually dropped the 300 years later opening page to increase the confusion factor.

edit: Good start for Crossover reviews.
comicbookroundup.com

Crossover #1 Reviews

Scored a 8.9 Rating Based On 26 Critic Reviews

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very early, but it feels a little close to other recent big-time-jump apocalyptic comics like Last Knight on Earth and WW: Dead Earth or something like Little Bird with the oppressive religion running a society, though I am intrigued with how it's echoing and flipping the original first issue.
I would have actually dropped the 300 years later opening page to increase the confusion factor.

I would have dropped that bit as well. I love the original series, so I've been a bit cautious about this since it was announced what it was. I'll give it a few issues to see where Lemire is going with it, although I honestly have no idea how long it's supposed to run for or if that's even been announced.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Crossover #1 is one of the single greatest comics of all time, instantly aligning itself with All-Star Superman #10, Swamp Thing #21 and Amazing Spider-Man #33. Run, don't walk to your LCS and Buy. This. Comic." - AIPT

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Batman #102: Yep it's Batman. Honestly not the most exciting start to the new arc. There wasn't enough shown of ghost maker other than the fact that hes a dick, so this rivalry isn't really that interesting right now, and the conflict rght now feels like it has been done before. Hopefully when more is shown of the new guy he'll be a better "rival" character. I do like that oracle has returned though, always thought that's the best role for babs

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hush Batman is pretty sweet. Love that Dexter Soy art.

Are these Tales from the Dark Multiverse issues connected? At the end it says "Next: Flashpoint".

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear anyone who know anything about 90s Marvel; is it true that Thunderstrike's comic was outselling Thor, which lead to Marvel killing the character in the hopes that those readers would jump to Thor's comic?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Watched Blame! on Netflix and now it has me thinking about getting knights of sidonia.

I didn't love Blame's manga or Biomega but I did enjoy them and thought the world building was top notch. I do have the first volume of Sidonia since a dude on Reddit sold it for 5 dollars but I never got around to reading it.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Kyle Baker Plastic Man collection is out this week. Make sure to pick it up y'all. That's some good comics unless you are Poodle.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I've never read any Plastic Man. But you seem hot on it so I'm interested.
It's a lot of fun, Kyle Baker in his prime is absolutely hilarious. It's actually one of my favorite DC runs ever I would say. It's very unorthodox for a superhero book. Baker is a really great cartoonist and does a good job at making the series really whimsical and goofy.

If you don't mind digital or hunting for a second-hand copy, his old Vertigo graphic novel, You Are Here, is delightful and another personal favorite of mine. It's like a good romcom movie and the way it's laid out really makes it read like one. It's excellent.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It's a lot of fun, Kyle Baker in his prime is absolutely hilarious. It's actually one of my favorite DC runs ever I would say. It's very unorthodox for a superhero book. Baker is a really great cartoonist and does a good job at making the series really whimsical and goofy.

If you don't mind digital or hunting for a second-hand copy, his old Vertigo graphic novel, You Are Here, is delightful and another personal favorite of mine. It's like a good romcom movie and the way it's laid out really makes it read like one. It's excellent.
Nuff said. Gonna order it now.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Comixology is just trying to save people from Death Metal, can you blame them?
But the Justice League tie in is really good though?
I just read that over 40% of eligible US citizens don't vote. Wut? This year's government election turnout was 80% here in NZ.

edit: Also finished the original Sweet Tooth. I'm interested to learn how the heck it's brought back.
A lot of people don't see the point. That their vote doesn't matter, so why bother.
Hush Batman is pretty sweet. Love that Dexter Soy art.

Are these Tales from the Dark Multiverse issues connected? At the end it says "Next: Flashpoint".
Nope. The last batch of Tales issues were only connected in that Tempus Fuginaut was telling you about each of them. Barring that there is no connection.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Batman Hush was pretty good. I'd definitely put it near the top as far as the Tales issues go. A great start to this new batch and much like the last batch, a Batman story.

Status
Not open for further replies.