• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whose art do you like more?

• Pepe Larazz (House of X, best Rogue in comics?)

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Jorge Jimenez (Batman, Creator of Punchline)

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
meLUFoj.jpg

Hulk vs The Union's Snakes!

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
from the way Ewing described it, it sounds like S.W.O.R.D. is more organized than the nation of Krakoa itself

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Superman TAS is amazing because an entire episode is predicated on the idea that 20 years ago Lois Lane had a pet monkey that went to space, and this never came up before.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
After Bendis and Brubaker, Daredevil Shadowland is so silly.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Urgh, Avengers is still gonna be written by Aaron
Aaron's run will at least run into 2022. He still has:
- The rest of the Phoenix storyline
- The backstory issues for BC Black Panther, Odin, and Agamotto
-The Mephisto related stories in between those issues plus updates on the other teams
-The big conflict

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
That's Apocalypse right? With that and the Phoenix Aaron must be deliberately trolling X-Men readers.

Either way it looks like Avengers will be the centerpiece of next year... meh.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Superman TAS is also amazing because in one episode it does a "AU Superman becomes evil due to the death of Lois" story and it doesn't suck ass like Injustice did.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
New to digital comics. I just got my Fire HD 10. What a great media device, glad I didn't go for an iPad or some other expensive tablet. So, is it worth waiting before jumping into Marvel Unlimited? Do they usually have sales for the annual subscription or something else on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Also, does anyone from outside the US use the DC universe app with a VPN? Does it work well for comics? I don't care about the TV stuff. If so, how did you pay?

Also, how many Batman/Spiderman/WW/Supes/Daredevil/Image comics are included in the comixology unlimited app? Is it enough to warrant 6$ or is it better to just go with a subscription for MU/DCU? Is comixology included in kindle unlimited or how does that work?

Thanks!

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Superman TAS is also amazing because in one episode it does a "AU Superman becomes evil due to the death of Lois" story and it doesn't suck ass like Injustice did.

The biggest problem with that episode is that mainline Superman doesn't get to have any reaction to learning about that other than "huh, weird"

Which crops up again when the Justice Lords storyline happens in JL/JLU and it turns into a Batman arc despite the fact that alt Superman set the whole thing off. Then the rest of the show is about the other characters telling Superman to chill out while he mean mugs all the time.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest problem with that episode is that mainline Superman doesn't get to have any reaction to learning about that other than "huh, weird"

Which crops up again when the Justice Lords storyline happens in JL/JLU and it turns into a Batman arc despite the fact that alt Superman set the whole thing off. Then the rest of the show is about the other characters telling Superman to chill out while he mean mugs all the time.

I've started coming around to the idea that the Justice League cartoon did Superman dirty.

He's kind of a dupe and a thug, mostly useful for his strength than any of his positive qualities as a person. Batman is faced with a reality warping godchild and even then refuses to do the wrong thing, sitting with Ace as she dies to give her some last comfort. Superman's defining moment in the series is his famous World of Cardboard speech, and the jist of it is "I like punching and I'mma punch you good, Master forgive me for I have to go all out."

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That final arc in Brubaker's DD was so hype. If only he could have continued on and done Shadowland instead.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That final arc in Brubaker's DD was so hype. If only he could have continued on and done Shadowland instead.
I like that there was trend of writers leaving DD in some fucked up status quo and the next guy has to figure it out. Bendis revealed Murdocks identity and left him in federal Prison. Brubaker has Murdock as leader of his most hated group of enemies. It's like the exact opposite of putting all the toys back in the box at the end of your run. You leave em all on the floor and say deal with it pal.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I've started coming around to the idea that the Justice League cartoon did Superman dirty.

He's kind of a dupe and a thug, mostly useful for his strength than any of his positive qualities as a person. Batman is faced with a reality warping godchild and even then refuses to do the wrong thing, sitting with Ace as she dies to give her some last comfort. Superman's defining moment in the series is his famous World of Cardboard speech, and the jist of it is "I like punching and I'mma punch you good, Master forgive me for I have to go all out."

Still, could be worse

14ab37e33f70d62ae3476e26da851a7c.jpg

This fucking guy

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still, could be worse

14ab37e33f70d62ae3476e26da851a7c.jpg

This fucking guy

"Superman is unrelatable" has been driven into the minds of fandom for so long everyone believes it, including the guys writing him.

Superman TAS adapts Titano the Super Ape and doesn't try to gussy it up or "streamline" it; Man of Steel ends with murder and a city that's been reduced to powder.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I like that there was trend of writers leaving DD in some fucked up status quo and the next guy has to figure it out. Bendis revealed Murdocks identity and left him in federal Prison. Brubaker has Murdock as leader of his most hated group of enemies. It's like the exact opposite of putting all the toys back in the box at the end of your run. You leave em all on the floor and say deal with it pal.
For sure, it was really neat seeing how messed up they had left Matt before passing the book on to the next person. Hearing interviews with Bendis and Brubaker talking about it too is pretty funny. I was just super excited with how Brubaker left him, only to have Diggle come in and do Shadowland lol. I am one of those weird people that liked Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix tho. And Diggle had done some great stuff in the past like The Losers. I wonder if Marvel just really liked what Brubaker set up and wanted someone to continue it rather than do their own thing.

At least Waid turned things around after.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No writer of serialized, ongoing endless fiction should ever concern themselves with putting the toys back in the box. Someone else might want to play with them before you decide their time is up.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, my fucking DVD keeps skipping on World's Finest. I had to skip the part where Superman and Batman actually meet for the first time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Guess that tweet I posted earlier with the Doc Oc pun was from Venom 29. Didnt know there was someone else running around with the Agent Venom suit, even if only temporarily.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
New to digital comics. I just got my Fire HD 10. What a great media device, glad I didn't go for an iPad or some other expensive tablet. So, is it worth waiting before jumping into Marvel Unlimited? Do they usually have sales for the annual subscription or something else on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Also, does anyone from outside the US use the DC universe app with a VPN? Does it work well for comics? I don't care about the TV stuff. If so, how did you pay?

Also, how many Batman/Spiderman/WW/Supes/Daredevil/Image comics are included in the comixology unlimited app? Is it enough to warrant 6$ or is it better to just go with a subscription for MU/DCU? Is comixology included in kindle unlimited or how does that work?

Thanks!

MU does go on sale not infrequently. Usually down to $60. No fixed timing though.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I skipped some episodes too.

Stupid double sided DVDs. What brain trust decided on making them. They scratch so easily too.

Status
Not open for further replies.