• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whose art do you like more?

• Pepe Larazz (House of X, best Rogue in comics?)

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Jorge Jimenez (Batman, Creator of Punchline)

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Is Giffen/DeMatteis JLI not on DC Universe? I see Europe and Quarterly, but not International?

edit: Oh, it was just "Justice League" until issue 7. I didn't know that. Never mind.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Hotel Oblivion and I think that while I enjoyed the story of the two previous books more, the art here is even tier above what came before. Dude has some crazy fun with pretty much every single page of this book. I wish we had spent more time in Hotel Oblivion itself.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
It's late and I need to sleep so I'm going to leave the thread with my unwarranted hot take that Captain Marvel/Shazam has the single best premise of any superhero and it's a danged travesty the character's never been able to stick around for any meaningful length of time.
I support this

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It's late and I need to sleep so I'm going to leave the thread with my unwarranted hot take that Captain Marvel/Shazam has the single best premise of any superhero and it's a danged travesty the character's never been able to stick around for any meaningful length of time.
I feel every time DC try to do right by the character they just end up scrapping it all and abandoning him again.
The curse of not being Batman I guess.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Only really in the mountains at the other end of the country. Never ever in Auckland. I've never been skiing or snowboarding so I've only ever seen irl snow a couple of times from a passing train.
Well, I live basically next door to a ski resort, and it hasnt snowed well enough to make going really worth it in about 3 years. But yea, that is bummer. Whats the usual temperature there?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Oh man it was a great week of comics for me.

I should have seen the twist in Drakkon New Dawn and it makes perfect sense to try that ploy. Skull and Bulk are reunited, everyone regroups and all is right in the world.

Until they get bodied by Andros due to no longer having their power coins. Still, I was absolutely giddy they used the swarm technique on yet another giant monster. All hail the Swarm Meta!

I'm not usually into the military types, but I do like what they're doing with Ultra Magnus in Transformers: Galaxies. It also shows that sometimes following protocol works out for you after all. Ellen Ripley would approve. The new twist would be interesting for them to parse through.

Spider-Man Noir ended up being one of the best minis of the year. The art continues to impress and there was a great heart-to-heart moment between Pete and a dearly departed fellow. Here's hoping the team will get another mini in the near future.

I was skeptical at first, but now I'm all in on the buddy cop routine with Lord and Wondy. I do wonder how she got the visions of fighting Superman in the old timeline though. I guess that will be something they will explain later on.

GI Joe continues its stellar run with another simple one-shot of survival, this time from the more well-known Tunnel Rat. It's been a while since they've worked on the main roster but I'm not complaining. And hopefully the next issue will finally show us more on the Baroness.

After all of the craziness, the brief moment of nirvana and sheer emotional fraught caused by the developments in the past few issues, Sex Criminals ends at a quiet note with a look at our characters for one last moment. It's not a full blown happy ending, but it's one with everyone satisfied with their lot.

I'm not too broken up that Suzie and Jon didn't work out, but that's how the dice rolls at times. At least the two are in good terms regardless. And Myrtle continues to live out her life at security. Now armed with an anti-aircraft gun. God help us all. A crazy run for what was actually based on a bet.

List:

Black Widow #3
Mighty Morphin' #1

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would Didio shoot this down if he was around

The only time I remember DiDio fucking with a queer character is when he didn't let Batwoman get married on the grounds of "superheroes must be dark avengers who sacrifice their happiness and can never be emotionally fulfilled."

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Working at DC must be so weird right now. Most of the staffers who got let go months ago are still working there. How much work do they expect these people to actually do?

bleedingcool.com

Fired DC Comics Staffers Get Another Three Weeks If They Want Them

In August, Bleeding Cool got the word that swathes of senior DC Comics Editorial positions were being wiped out, with dozens of people being made
I have to wonder exactly how many people are even left at DC comics now.
Morale there must be in the gutter.
And letting people there work an additional 3 weeks knowing that they are already fired is just outright cruelty.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
PS5 preorder fell through 😭
793af3fa6f4824d08708991a8ff7c414.gif

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
Just reading through my Absolute Dark Knight, still enjoy the original but by God the follow up.

There's nothing good about it. The art is easily Millers worst and the tale nonsensical at best.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Was a guy on here, had a spare preorder so was selling for rrp but his friends order fell through so he's given it to him

Understandable, but sucks
The whole pre-order window was a clusterfuck. I only managed because I fucking knew they were gonna open pre-orders that day regardless of what Sony said.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The whole pre-order window was a clusterfuck. I only managed because I fucking knew they were gonna open pre-orders that day regardless of what Sony said.
I stupidly cancelled my preorder with shopto because it said it wouldn't be day 1 and I thought I could get it somewhere else

Past Lashley is dumb Lashley

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I stupidly cancelled my preorder with shopto because it said it wouldn't be day 1 and I thought I could get it somewhere else

Past Lashley is dumb Lashley
I have an Amazon and a Walmart order. Haven't cancelled one yet. Too nervous. I'm going to end up with two PS5s. Then I'll enjoy it twice as much.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever bought a console day 1.
That seems like a nightmare headache I could do without.
Especially this time.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
it was pretty painless to get a PS4 or Switch day one. Hell I went to Target without a preorder and got my PS4 no hassle even.
I guess I've just never felt the pull of getting a console on release.
I'd rather wait for some more good software to come out and get a good deal on the machine.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
yeah just wait a couple of days they will have PS5s; if there wasn't a goddamn lockdown that's probably how I'd play it too

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, so Morrison's JLA omni and the Road to No Man's Land omni are both set for 11/17 on Amazon now. Wonder if either of them get delayed again.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, so Morrison's JLA omni and the Road to No Man's Land omni are both set for 11/17 on Amazon now. Wonder if either of them get delayed again.
I have Road preordered so I hope not. My date still says Nov 10th.

I still have an eternal preorder for Uncanny X-men vol 1 on two different sites.
I'm still not convinced that book even exists.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest thing with getting the PS5 right away is so I dont have to worry about trying to track one down when I do have an actual PS5 exclusive game I want to play. Im just expecting shortages and limited supply for awhile after launch. My plan is once I get the PS5 to replace my PS4 Pro and give it to my cousin to play on.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm reading about Jesse Quick and she apparently had an affair with her mom's fiance?

comics are wild

Status
Not open for further replies.