• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Heroes Reborn?

• Yes

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • I don't know what it is

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Actively avoiding everything about it

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • No because I have to spend my money on Harley, Punchline, Yara and Molly

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Yes because I used the 50% discount (Hi Freeza)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Tynion really delving into these personal relationships, and creating brand new ones. He does such a good job there. It's why I love his books so much. I knew he was going to turn Batman into an ensemble, just had no idea how.

More than just an ensemble, he's creating new characters that for me already feel established and classic. The weakest so far out of everyone has been Ghostmaker, and I still find myself enjoying him. The way Tynion is expanding Gotham feels so fresh, I don't think I've enjoyed Batman this much since Morrison.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Rian is drawing her favourite X-Men character officially!

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
More than just an ensemble, he's creating new characters that for me already feel established and classic. The weakest so far out of everyone has been Ghostmaker, and I still find myself enjoying him. The way Tynion is expanding Gotham feels so fresh, I don't think I've enjoyed Batman this much since Morrison.
Yeah for me this is just as enjoyable as Dini's run. I'm loving it.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very impressed by Tynion's output on Batman now. I remember back on N52 when he was just diet Snyder, but he really found his voice and has grown a ton since then. I should check out his non-DC works.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Finished this Omni.

STL168681.jpg

It was surprisingly entertaining. I mean in the way soap comics can be. Very easy read with enough stakes and personal drama to keep engaging. If you can enjoy simple thrills. Fun palette cleanser fluff.

It's also got a really unique Avengers roster as the book heavily focuses on Dane(Black Knight) Whitmore, Sersi(Eternal), and Crystal(the Inhuman). Cap is gone for most of the book, Black Widow and Herc are around but aren't really a focus at all unless in combat. Vision is basically Data from TNG now(emotion chip removed) and gets some noted arcs, but the trifecta of Dane, Sersi, and Crystal -is- the book. There is a heavy focus on their love triangle, but mostly it dives deep into repercussions that stem from both Operation Galactic Storm(ie. Kree/Shiar War) summarized but not included in the Omni, and fallout from events surrounding Magneto post-Fatal Attractions stuff.

All the stories largely connect and the Omni is basically a big saga involving this team handling the messy outcome of their part in those messes. It isnt resolved in the cleanest way(if anything it ends on a cop-out), but it's fun mostly throughout despite. Also Includes the X-Men Bloodties crossover, which is a semi-sequel to the great Xtinction Agenda(but not as good).

Oh and that Bloodties event was made to be a huge deal in the Omni as it represented the 30th Anniversary of both the X-Men and the Avengers(1963-1993), hence the idea for a crossover. Most of the extras was about this and they have tons of interviews I didn't read in the backfill pages.

Pretty much my first taste of both the Eternals and Black Knight. Though it doesn't have a huge Eternals presence outside of a few cameo issues, but you get to know at least those two characters well.

Anyway, not sure if anyone was curious at all about this early 90's run, but i dug it. Next I might jump into either the Aliens Omni, or finally check out Hellsing since the final DLX HC lands in a couple weeks, just in time to binge.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finished this Omni.

STL168681.jpg

It was surprisingly entertaining. I mean in the way soap comics can be. Very easy read with enough stakes and personal drama to keep engaging. If you can enjoy simple thrills. Fun palette cleanser fluff.

It's also got a really unique Avengers roster as the book heavily focuses on Dane(Black Knight) Whitmore, Sersi(Eternal), and Crystal(the Inhuman). Cap is gone for most of the book, Black Widow and Herc are around but aren't really a focus at all unless in combat. Vision is basically Data from TNG now(emotion chip removed) and gets some noted arcs, but the trifecta of Dane, Sersi, and Crystal -is- the book. There is a heavy focus on their love triangle, but mostly it dives deep into repercussions that stem from both Operation Galactic Storm(ie. Kree/Shiar War) summarized but not included in the Omni, and fallout from events surrounding Magneto post-Fatal Attractions stuff.

All the stories largely connect and the Omni is basically a big saga involving this team handling the messy outcome of their part in those messes. It isnt resolved in the cleanest way(if anything it ends on a cop-out), but it's fun mostly throughout despite. Also Includes the X-Men Bloodties crossover, which is a semi-sequel to the great Xtinction Agenda(but not as good).

Pretty much my first taste of both the Eternals and Black Knight. Though it doesn't have a huge Eternals presence outside of a few cameo issues, but you get to know at least those two characters well.

Anyway, not sure if anyone was curious at all about this early 90's run, but i dug it. Next I might jump into either the Aliens Omni, or finally check out Hellsing since the final DLX HC lands in a couple weeks, just in time to binge.
Nice! Yea ive been really curious about this collection. I think Avengers The Crossing Omnibus picks up like right after or right before. I mean, its been out of print for years, but depending on how I like The Gathering, I might check out The Crossing on CMX after.

Then I think Cersei and Black Knight went over to the Malibu Comics universe for a bit after Marvel acquired Malibu lol. Then they had an event over there that brought people back over to the 616 after.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Yea ive been really curious about this collection. I think Avengers The Crossing Omnibus picks up like right after or right before. I mean, its been out of print for years, but depending on how I like The Gathering, I might check out The Crossing on CMX after.

Then I think Cersei and Black Knight went over to the Malibu Comics universe for a bit after Marvel acquired Malibu lol. Then they had an event over there that brought people back over to the 616 after.

Yea, I looked into it, but the Crossing takes place about a dozen issues after this Omni(Gathering ends on 375, while Crossing starts ~391). So not sure what happens in-between, if anything noteworthy. I have debated looking at CMX to maybe continue reading if there is a collection for the next issues and Crossing. I'm more curious now for sure, even if its mostly a hated story arc.

Had no idea about the Malibu stuff, but it makes sense I suppose given how this Omni ends.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I looked into it, but the Crossing takes place about a dozen issues after this Omni(Gathering ends on 375, while Crossing starts ~391). So not sure what happens in-between, if anything noteworthy. I have debated looking at CMX to maybe continue reading if there is a collection for the next issues and Crossing. I'm more curious now for sure, even if its mostly a hated story arc.

Had no idea about the Malibu stuff, but it makes sense I suppose given how this Omni ends.
Yea I was googling Cersei and Black Knight a few weeks ago to see what all they were up to and thats when I read about the Malibu stuff lol.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
New thread is up. Please move over there and have a good time.

www.resetera.com

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2021 | Comics are for everyone

DC Pride #1 By Tynion IV,Tamaki, Orlando, Ayala, Maines, Lore, Johns, Grace ,Wheeler, Janson, Reeder, Byrne, Nguyen, Vecchio, Sterle, Stott, Stein, Brandt, Partridge and more - DC celebrates Pride Month with nine all-new stories starring fan-favorite LGBTQIA+ characters Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy...

Status
Not open for further replies.