• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What tag should I choose?

• Harley Quinn Appreciator

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I am leaving this community

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • Wilde for Cockburn

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Gothams finest eye inspector

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Comic books almost killed me

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Well at least henching for Arcade sounds slightly better than the Joker.

vVDw2cn.jpg

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What is it with arcade and marvels insistence on putting him in books constantly

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Runaways remains solid - not 100% on how Rowell writes Wolverine and Pixie, but I'm realizing now I don't think I've ever read a book where Pixie was more than a background character so maybe I just don't know how the character usually sounds. Seeing impending drama with a potential Nico/Pixie pairing and frankly I'm all for it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What is it with arcade and marvels insistence on putting him in books constantly
tbf, he makes perfect sense for a hellions book that's dealing with weird shit not addressed in other x-books. but otherwise, yeah, arcade gets way more attention than he deserves.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is the X-Men: Shattershot stuff included in the Jim Lee X-Men omni vol. 2? Or is it like right after?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Yea that art does look amazing. Are you reading this? Is it pretty easy to just enjoy it by itself, or is there anything else that should probably be read before this Rai book?

Yeah, just started this run/trade. There's enough context introduced in the first issue that the aim and motivations seem fairly clear.

Most valiant books I've tried I've usually just jumped in on the first volume and not found myself too lost.

Written by Dan Abnett btw.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did Azzarello write this?
Yea that art does look amazing. Are you reading this? Is it pretty easy to just enjoy it by itself, or is there anything else that should probably be read before this Rai book?

Saw this last night and lol'd. Wheres it from? The Next Batman?

It's from the DCUI first Let Them Live series where they're publishing inventory stories. It was by some dude named Scott Bryan Wilson? Iy had John Paul Leon art and the basic gist of the story was pretty interesting, but I lost it at that panel.

Why do y'all repost your own Twitter posts? 😂

because I'm lazy and it's easier to do that than upload it to imgur or whatever on mobile 🤷‍♂️

May 24, 2019
It's from the DCUI first Let Them Live series where they're publishing inventory stories. It was by some dude named Scott Bryan Wilson? Iy had John Paul Leon art and the basic gist of the story was pretty interesting, but I lost it at that panel.

Oh interesting. I assumed someone changed the caption.

JPL on a comic that may never have come out is a crime tho.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I also was hyped for the Dauterman Wiccan&Hulkling variant, but after seeing Demon Days I also got the Peach Momoko varaint for them.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Arcade gets too much play but at this point I'm more annoyed when I see Mojo pop up. Everyone wants to do a wacky romp through alternate dimensions with meta-commentary about fandom and media and frankly I don't think it's ever been good or interesting.

I was down on Mr. and Mrs. X, after loving Rogue and Gambit, and the Mojo stuff in the back half was like a nail in the coffin.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Mojo's good sometimes. Spider-Man and the X-Men and the current X-Factor. X-Men Black.

The X-Men Blue and Gold crossover from a few years back was the most cynical horse shit ever though.

Last edited:

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Arcade gets too much play but at this point I'm more annoyed when I see Mojo pop up. Everyone wants to do a wacky romp through alternate dimensions with meta-commentary about fandom and media and frankly I don't think it's ever been good or interesting.

I was down on Mr. and Mrs. X, after loving Rogue and Gambit, and the Mojo stuff in the back half was like a nail in the coffin.
Mojo was great as a 80s villain riff off stuff like "The Running Man" and weird dimensional hijinks. And they were gonna have TV wars and mojo sequels and cyborgs and really weird stuff.

But none of that happened and no one does anything with Mojo they can't do with Arcade. It's like, the timeframe was missed but they keep dragging the characters along.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Oh! A Japanese version of Demon Days doesn't exist! Cool, I'm back on the English edition, then.

saw the original review and even though it's mostly pretty stupid, i do agree that the SFX are kinda jarring. Some are written in japanese as part of the art, while others are added by the letterer on top of it, sometimes standing out. It's mostly fine but a bit distracting at times.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any uncanny in Shattershot?
Just annual 16, which is a key part of the story, but the adjectiveless X-Men split is Jim Lee Vol. 2 (1-9, 10+11 A Stories), Bishop's Crossing (10+11 B Stories, 12-13), X-Cutioner's Song (#14-16), Shattershot (17-24), Fatal Attractions (25).

Uncanny goes Jim Lee Vol. 2 (273-280), Bishop's Crossing (281-293), X-Cutioner's Song (294-297), Fatal Attractions (298-305)

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just annual 16, which is a key part of the story, but the adjectiveless X-Men split is Jim Lee Vol. 2 (1-9, 10+11 A Stories), Bishop's Crossing (10+11 B Stories, 12-13), X-Cutioner's Song (#14-16), Shattershot (17-24), Fatal Attractions (25).

Uncanny goes Jim Lee Vol. 2 (273-280), Bishop's Crossing (281-293), X-Cutioner's Song (294-297), Fatal Attractions (298-305)
Collecting X-Men is a nightmare. I think those 10-11 b stories are just weird Maverick set up they never used.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'm fine with Arcade and Mojo. I know some of it comes from that shitty X-men/Spider-Man game I got as a kid where Arcade was the main villain. No idea why I like Mojo though beyond the Scott Aukerman book and the action figure I still have for no discernible reason.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with Arcade and Mojo. I know some of it comes from that shitty X-men/Spider-Man game I got as a kid where Arcade was the main villain. No idea why I like Mojo though beyond the Scott Aukerman book and the action figure I still have for no discernible reason.
I love Arcade and Mojo.
Both great, fun villains.
I wish they would get used more honestly.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I love Arcade and Mojo.
Both great, fun villains.
I wish they would get used more honestly.
I wish that Mojo would get used differently. I think there are some cool things that could have been done over the years and there is always space in the X-Men for some wacky. But I don't want the same old Mojo stories.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I'm half way through season 2 of Bosch.
I wasn't enjoying it as much as season 1, but its picking up steam.
Seasons 3 and 4 are my favorite. 5 is alright, and then season 6 is really good so far.

Its like they took all those crappy CSI shows and made a better, more condensed version that puts them all to shame. Theres like 20 books in the series and I think im going to pick a few up after finishing this season. Season 7 will be the final one sadly.

Wait he's not even drawing it lol?
Isn't that the whole point?
Yea, but that was never going to happen. At least this new artist has a really neat style. I think they used to do the art for Blizzard.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Seasons 3 and 4 are my favorite. 5 is alright, and then season 6 is really good so far.

Its like they took all those crappy CSI shows and made a better, more condensed version that puts them all to shame. Theres like 20 books in the series and I think im going to pick a few up after finishing this season. Season 7 will be the final one sadly.
Yeah I read up on it a bit.
It does feel like a better, more tightly plotted, police procedural.
I was kinda shocked they killed the Chief's son
I can honestly say I did not see that coming.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Re-starting Battle Chasers at issue #10 does feel a lil weird after all this time lol. It would make more sense to just relaunch it, but still continue on old plot lines for anyone who was a fan.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Does Battle Chasers even have a fanbase anymore?
I only vaguely know it via osmosis and that it randomly got a video a few years ago.
Was it that big a deal in the 90s?

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Yea he said he was going to finish the series but said back in 2019 he wasn't going to be able to. Basically got to busy with his Airship games studio.

Makes sense they did that Darksiders spin-off and are doing a League of Legends game that sounds cool. Must be pretty busy.

If they are actually finishing the book I'll check it out. Think he originally said it would be 12 issues before he bounced.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I only vaguely know it via osmosis and that it randomly got a video a few years ago.
TBH there's probably more people who know the game than the comic at this point, and not many people know about the game XD

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
lololol, Joe Mad is bringing Battle Chasers back, but with a new artist!

That art looks pretty cool! It's a good idea he's only writing now even though I'd love to see him on art as well. Maybe this time he'll be able to wrap it up.
It was huge in the mid 90s. It was all over Wizard magazine, I doubt many people care at this point and if they do it's probably because of the game.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Joe Mad is only having people draw BC because he promised new issues with a Kickstarter but he doesn't want to do them.
He only wants to make videogames.

After these promised issues, it's probably the actual end.

Status
Not open for further replies.