• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
The library has been closed for a long time now, but I have books due back tomorrow. I assume they've had people emptying the drop boxes so they don't get overloaded, so I think I should walk down there and drop them off just in case. I just hope no morons try to come up and talk to me. I might drive just to avoid that, even though it isn't otherwise necessary to drive.

Just check their web page or call them. Our library asked us not to return any books.

Our annual Summer Game also has a new name. -_-

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Guys, you should subscribe to Strange Brain Parts.

He does amazing commentary on Marvel Comics and DC Comics.

This commentary about The Fourth World basically summarises a lot of Jack Kirby's contributions at DC.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
My library closed a couple weeks back and closed drop off, too. Their homepage says all fees will be waived and due dates don't matter till they open again. Does your library/your library district homepage have info like that?
I'll check again, and look on the website, but the email I got from them about all of this was mostly trying to tell proof about Hoopla and Libby, and talking about how their monthly checkout limit for Hoopla has been increased.

I think they're only officially closed for all of this through the end of March (meaning today), so I feel like another closure announcement may be coming very soon.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
www.humblebundle.com

Humble Conquer COVID-19 Bundle

100% of this bundle’s proceeds go to support organizations responding to COVID-19. Learn more on the Humble Bundle website!

Humble Bundle's new big COVID-19 charity bundle has a bunch of comics. INCLUDING CRIMINAL!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This is almost as mean as people suggesting Messi to read Bleach
Ive only seen like a couple episodes of Bleach, never read any of the manga. So I cant compare, but I really enjoyed Naruto (the manga) until I stopped around the Pain stuff. I was joking when I said that we should read it, but I dunno. Messi might enjoy the first few arcs. Like up through the chunin exam stuff at least.

May 24, 2019
This title is deceptive (they mean digital FIRST comics), so don't get too excited, but here's what DC is putting on Comixology, including back catalog issues:
bleedingcool.com

DC Comics Confirms All Digital Comics Available Tomorrow

DC Comics' Director Michael Shelling has announced the new listing of their titles that will be available digitally this Wednesday.

• 1st Issue Special #8
  • Batman: The Adventures Continue #1
  • Detective Comics #356
  • Doorway To Nightmare #5
  • Eclipso #3
  • Freedom Fighters: Rise Of A Nation
  • gen:Lock #14
  • Justice League Of America; Celebration Of 60 Years
  • Super Friends #4
  • Teen Titans Go! To Camp #6
  • The Spectre #4
  • Transmetropolitan Book Three
  • Wanted: The World's Most Dangerous Villains #9
  • Weird Mystery Tales #1
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2: Love Is A Battlefield
That includes the first chapter of the new Batman Animated thing.
ayQxfqK.jpg

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Book looks great... whenever it becomes available.

May 24, 2019
I'm kinda excited about Detective Comics #356 going up cause I've wanted to read the first Alfred death/Outsider story for a while, but those issues were never on CMX.
b2c6NvH.jpg

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to ask last time you posted. What's your avi?

marvel.fandom.com

Kingo Sunen (Earth-616)

Kingo Sunen was a member of the Eternals, an evolutionary offshoot of humanity who possessed extraordinarily long life spans and superhuman powers. He hailed from a Japanese settlement of Eternals in the mountains overlooking the Japanese prefecture of Hokkaido. 35 appearance(s) of Kingo Sunen...

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just so folk know, InStockTrades is putting out a big sale for damaged books again. Not huge discounts, but 50% across the board. Books will sell out fast.

Damages - InStockTrades

Trade paperbacks from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and more! Discounted up to 42% off. No shipping on orders over $50.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just so folk know, InStockTrades is putting out a big sale for damaged books again. Not huge discounts, but 50% across the board. Books will sell out fast.

Damages - InStockTrades

Trade paperbacks from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and more! Discounted up to 42% off. No shipping on orders over $50.
They usually increase the percent off each week during these sales right? Got my eye on a couple of those Absolutes, like Green Lantern/Green Arrow, and the Shang-Chi omnis. But I can wait and see if they ever get cheaper.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They usually increase the percent off each week during these sales right? Got my eye on a couple of those Absolutes, like Green Lantern/Green Arrow, and the Shang-Chi omnis. But I can wait and see if they ever get cheaper.
if they linger, which the oversized books rarely do, they can see a price drop in some weeks. the last sale they did, only two omnibi/absolutets lasted past a week out of probably 100+.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who since the new 52 started has only read digitally and in trades, it feels like the physical comic shop is living on borrowed time thanks to diamond.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Book looks great... whenever it becomes available.

That looks gorgeous.

Damages - InStockTrades

I just spent $60 on Warframe I am not buying comics.... *see's the Geoff John's Aquaman omni* Oh...oh no...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Warframe lol, now that's a game I haven't heard of in awhile. I've been sucked down the rabbit hole in Dragalia Lost myself.

If we have any Scrubs fans here, Zach and Donald started a podcast! It's called Fake Doctors, Real Friends. Still not up on iTunes, but it's on other places.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I read a chunk of the Heroes Reborn omni to help me sleep last night. That's where I'm at with comics right now.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Warframe lol, now that's a game I haven't heard of in awhile. I've been sucked down the rabbit hole in Dragalia Lost myself.

If we have any Scrubs fans here, Zach and Donald started a podcast! It's called Fake Doctors, Real Friends. Still not up on iTunes, but it's on other places.
Yeah it's still alive lol. I'm coming up on playing it for 2 years soon in May. Titania just got her prime release which I don't care about. I'm patiently waiting for my boy's Nidus and Harrow to get their prime's released next year.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
marvel.fandom.com

Kingo Sunen (Earth-616)

Kingo Sunen was a member of the Eternals, an evolutionary offshoot of humanity who possessed extraordinarily long life spans and superhuman powers. He hailed from a Japanese settlement of Eternals in the mountains overlooking the Japanese prefecture of Hokkaido. 35 appearance(s) of Kingo Sunen...
I like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.