• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Has Marvel said anything?
Marvel said they are working with Diamond on a "larger scale plan" and they delayed when they need to receive payments for books in addition to whatever those additional discounts they announced were.

If they get their stock back from Diamond immediately and hire some workforce or other to sort it and overnight it to the 30% of retailers still running (numbers out of my butt) this week coooould happen.
I doubt they could do it that easily in a week or else these companies wouldn't have been working with Diamond in the first place. Stores are supposed to start getting comics on Monday and DC is still "exploring" the option.

May 24, 2019
You could argue that 5G should go ahead because nobody's there to make any alternate grand plans.
bleedingcool.com

DC Publish Selection of Digital Comics, Wednesday April 1st

Bleeding Cool just ran DC's statement to comic book retailers, confirming that they will be seeking alternative distribution (and presumably printing as
"DC has confirmed to Bleeding Cool that they will also continue digital distribution, with a handful of titles being digitally distributed this Wednesday on the DC app, ComiXology, Amazon Kindle and the like.
Which titles will be chosen are still unclear... I understand the selection hasn't been entirely settled upon yet."

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
we skipped over straight to 6G which is the generation where heroes don't get replaced, they just stop existing, because all comics are cancelled

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I got the Wreckers saga trade and borrowed the first few MTMTE trades to start. Even looking up the reading order my head is spinning. At least with Ninja Turtles, read everything is a safe bet.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
You could argue that 5G should go ahead because nobody's there to make any alternate grand plans.
bleedingcool.com

Bleeding Cool just ran DC's statement to comic book retailers, confirming that they will be seeking alternative distribution (and presumably printing as
"DC has confirmed to Bleeding Cool that they will also continue digital distribution, with a handful of titles being digitally distributed this Wednesday on the DC app, ComiXology, Amazon Kindle and the like.
Which titles will be chosen are still unclear... I understand the selection hasn't been entirely settled upon yet."

So some of the Wednesday comics. The question is, will it be major titles like Batman and Strange Adventures, or will they save them to not miss out on physical sales?

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
bleedingcool.com

giphy.gif

This is going to cause pandemonium, whether it's true or not.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
bleedingcool.com

Batman because Punchline and Harley lol

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Cracked into Brubaker DD vol. 2 Omni.

The first Brubaker Omni left me a bit cold at the end. The first half was real great, but the long Mr. Fear/Lilly/poison fragrance plot-line that dominated much of the back half just started to make me feel uncomfortable and a bit bummed. Still kept engaged with it, but its largely a rough and cruel bunch of issues.

Omni 2 teams up Brubaker with Rucka for a chunk of issues at the start so I'm excited.

Think I might take a comics break and finally dive into manga after this book. Either Akira, Alita, or Nausicaa. Haven't decided.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I started Batman Universe earlier. It's real fun. Derington is such a great artist, I really love his work.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
same. this book has a real whimsical tone thanks to him. it's very fresh. I haven't felt this about a Batman book since like... Morrison. so I like it a lot!

I'd really love more Bendis and Derington Batman. It's really fresh and light. It's such a surprising turn by Bendis. I'd love them to do a Batman and Damian story.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
bleedingcool.com

Good, all the titles I like the most for DC don't sell well in the direct market and have the highest chance of being chosen

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Priest's Justice League is definitely something. Extremely political in a way I didn't expect. I remember people making fun of the Red Lion being a Black Panther knockoff but this dude is something.

Like this is a very difficult run of comics to process right now, so props to Priest, because 100% that's what he was going for. Also the homage to the 80's Aquaman costume.

This is like from hours ago, but I really loved Priest's JL and I'm glad you're finding it interesting. Because, damn if it's not interesting. I found its message hard to parse, but I think that's kind of what I liked about it - he wasn't really leading you to a conclusion or moral, just writing out a really intense, complicated situation and telling you to figure out right and wrong.

And I love Red Lion. Like he's for sure just a BP parody, but he's so balls-out that I'm always excited when he shows up.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Cracked into Brubaker DD vol. 2 Omni.

The first Brubaker Omni left me a bit cold at the end. The first half was real great, but the long Mr. Fear/Lilly/poison fragrance plot-line that dominated much of the back half just started to make me feel uncomfortable and a bit bummed. Still kept engaged with it, but its largely a rough and cruel bunch of issues.

Omni 2 teams up Brubaker with Rucka for a chunk of issues at the start so I'm excited.

Think I might take a comics break and finally dive into manga after this book. Either Akira, Alita, or Nausicaa. Haven't decided.
Ive been super curious about Nausicaa. That HC collection looks so freaking cool.

But yea, that back half has been a big struggle for me too. Im more engaged with it than I was with that 2nd to last Bendis arc, but not by much. The 2nd omni looks like itll be much more my speed.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Ive been super curious about Nausicaa. That HC collection looks so freaking cool.

Nausicaa manga is surprisingly above and beyond the movie, and I love the movie! It actually feels like a fully fleshed out concept and story, the way Miyazaki originally intended. Kinda like the LOTR book vs the movie. The movie is good, but it's not the book.

And yes, the HCs are gorgeous and come with a nice fold out art piece.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
How are ya'll that are still working with the public coping? It's keeping me pretty anxious, and more so every day that goes by. I'm thankful I'm not a cashier, but I get so frustrated every time someone comes in wanting a Switch or a video game or a TV or any other electronic item that's completely non-essential. I had a customer tell one of us that she was getting a new TV because she's getting annoyed at the small size of the TV at her hotel. It's like, what is wrong with you?

Very frustrating time.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
How are ya'll that are still working with the public coping? It's keeping me pretty anxious, and more so every day that goes by. I'm thankful I'm not a cashier, but I get so frustrated every time someone comes in wanting a Switch or a video game or a TV or any other electronic item that's completely non-essential. I had a customer tell one of us that she was getting a new TV because she's getting annoyed at the small size of the TV at her hotel. It's like, what is wrong with you?

Very frustrating time.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that VanWinkle. I have been putting off my basic grocery trips too (I feel guilty for going for non-essentials like soda or snacks) and people out there buying TVs!

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Very frustrating time.

Most of my staff have been laid off. Been on a till 9-10 hours a day 6 days a week since thus started. I'm tired and pretty sure I'm eventually gonna get sick. That's the retail joy. I get the same feeling selling non essential stuff.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Very frustrating time.

Work at Target. We are trying but I mean, cmon, people suck.

And while the tv story is bullshit, the thing is people are looking to cope however they can. And yeah buying a Switch right now is a headscratcher, but it provides a level of comfort. I try to keep that in mind, that we are supplying necessities and at least a sliver of normalcy. They just need to observe social distancing and whatnot. But believe me when I say, the elderly are by far the WORST at this, imo. God, I have to remind them to stay out of my bubble. Like Jesus...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Very frustrating time.
Im just still so happy that people in my area are actually starting to take things seriously after the governor ordered the stay at home, which started Wednesday night.

My biggest fear is getting my family sick. They are all I have left and if something happened to them because of me I would be devastated. Im wearing gloves and washing hands as much as possible, while trying to avoid customers lol.

So basically what I was already doing at work, just with gloves on.

Before the stay at home I had this lady hacking her brains out while walking down my aisle, without covering her mouth. Then she starts walking toward me looking like shes about to ask me for help finding something. I just kept dodging her around my buggie and finally had to tell her to step back.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Sorry to hear that VanWinkle. I have been putting off my basic grocery trips too (I feel guilty for going for non-essentials like soda or snacks) and people out there buying TVs!

Honestly dude, I don't think anybody's going to get mad at you for getting soda/snacks. You can argue the health of it, but it's still food, which is essential. But I understand, for sure.

What a fucking dumb-dumb lololol.

Buying a new TV because you're stuck in a hotel.

Yeah. That's the type of person I truly get angry with.

Most of my staff have been laid off. Been on a till 9-10 hours a day 6 days a week since thus started. I'm tired and pretty sure I'm eventually gonna get sick. That's the retail joy. I get the same feeling selling non essential stuff.

Sorry to hear that. Working 40 hours is bad enough for me. And right now I'm stuck home until I hear the test results of a friend that I hung out with 10 days ago. I just heard that he got tested yesterday while I was off work, so I'm staying home for now. He's confident he doesn't have it, as he only has a 100 degree fever and it hasn't gotten worse in the three days he's had it, but still. So either I get to day 14 and then go back to work, or I hear that he's negative and go back right after. So that's adding to my anxiety.

And while the tv story is bullshit, the thing is people are looking to cope however they can. And yeah buying a Switch right now is a headscratcher, but it provides a level of comfort. I try to keep that in mind, that we are supplying necessities and at least a sliver of normalcy. They just need to observe social distancing and whatnot. But believe me when I say, the elderly are by far the WORST at this, imo. God, I have to remind them to stay out of my bubble. Like Jesus...

You are right, that we want to feel some amount of normalcy, but you really have to think about the effect you're having. The mere fact that people can have the virus while asymptomatic but still contagious means that you really shouldn't be going to a retail store right now unless you need to. You have to find normalcy in things where you're not interacting with the public. It's just an unfortunate reality about the time we're in.

And yeah, old people are terrible at this stuff. I always think, "what are you doing?!" while I see them out shopping.

Im just still so happy that people in my area are actually starting to take things seriously after the governor ordered the stay at home, which started Wednesday night.

My biggest fear is getting my family sick. They are all I have left and if something happened to them because of me I would be devastated. Im wearing gloves and washing hands as much as possible, while trying to avoid customers lol.

So basically what I was already doing at work, just with gloves on.

Basically, as an electronic salesperson, the best I can do is sanitize my hands between every customer and not touch my face. I also haven't been visiting my parents or my brothers. Which I hate because I want to visit them, but I can't risk it.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

But the thing is, switch/games/books can be bought online and shipped and they are not really things you need in a day or so.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright what I missed today from adventuring in No Man's Sky...oh...NM is at 200+ cases and 2 deaths... Whelp.

I've been staying home with only going out once a day due to way to many people being in the house. I may be a hermit, but when everyone's home I just want to kick them out after a while.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
We dont have any deaths yet, but our numbers have been shooting up super fast. Just a week ago we were at 0, now were over 110. But the thing that worries me is that we were so late compared to all of the states surrounding WV with testing.

Remember when Trump said there would be a website set up to tell you where to go to get tests? Then said that places like Walmart would be lending their parking lots for testing sites.

Yea, that still hasnt happened yet lol. And no one calls him out on it. Its sad how everyone in the media talks tough on twitter, but then never presses him on the tough questions. They do gotcha shit instead, like can everyone who needs a vent get one. Yea thats an important question, but come on, he cant promise that shit. Its like everyone is afraid that they will be kicked out or something.

When its time for the election, the media better be fucking prepared to take his ass to task on all the shit hes lied about without any type of repercussions.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Trump said there would be a website set up to tell you where to go to get tests? Then said that places like Walmart would be lending their parking lots for testing sites.

Yea, that still hasnt happened yet lol. And no one calls him out on it.
Donald Trump saying things that never happen is par for the course. No one calls him on it because it's exactly what they expected in the first place.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
We dont have any deaths yet, but our numbers have been shooting up super fast. Just a week ago we were at 0, now were over 110. But the thing that worries me is that we were so late compared to all of the states surrounding WV with testing.

Yea, that still hasnt happened yet lol. And no one calls him out on it. Its sad how everyone in the media talks tough on twitter, but then never presses him on the tough questions. They do gotcha shit instead, like can everyone who needs a vent get one. Yea thats an important question, but come on, he cant promise that shit. Its like everyone is afraid that they will be kicked out or something.

When its time for the election, the media better be fucking prepared to take his ass to task on all the shit hes lied about without any type of repercussions.
Hey wait a second, my state is over 110 now, too. Wait a second, my state is WV, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.