• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Well least now they can do the dark phoenix story-line again for a third time in the MCU. I luckily avoided having to sit through this movie. My mom is a fan of the X-Men movies and she has liked them all I believe except for Logan she didn't enjoy that. So yes she liked that terrible origins Wolverine movie that I had the pleasure of helping it make $373 million at the box office.
Lol, Logan is by far the best one! The Wolverine was alright but I'm still trying to decide if this or Apocalypse was the worst one. X3 is a solid contender as well.

May 24, 2019
I wonder how hard it'd be to turn my avatar into an Animal Crossing design? 🤔

incredibly easy it turns out

3Io1DSy.png

e: Oh damn. There's a face in the cloud I didn't notice.

V2
74lPQ5k.png

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
Bleach is worse than Code Geass because it's longer and takes a huge nosedive in quality after the first arc and never recovers. It just digs itself deeper and deeper into shit.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up bluexy

I want to pick up more 20th Century Boys because this is fantastic but I also spent a shit ton of money buying Chibi Robo on Gamecube, and I need to buy some more stuff to commit hacker crimes, so maybe I should wait.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20th Century Boys: Wherein a robotics professor has to explain to a room of grown men that you cannot actually build giant robots.

This is better than Pluto, y'all.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This stuff about the 80s Daredevil cartoon is pretty crazy. And it all ended because of one Frank Miller cover that was a homage to Dirty Hairy lol.

But whats up with the dog?

eueg-s0wsame1or.jpg

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The trick is to read/watch just the first two arcs of Bleach.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Weird. That was where i went "annnnd now it's generic trash!"
i think soul society, if im remembering the arc names right, works well coming off of the first one. where the first arc builds the relationship between ichigo and rukia, as well as with ichigo's friends, arc two is like the protagonist going into hell to save someone they love. things just keep getting worse and worse, but the protagonist persists (with shonen flair). it does get generic as it breaks down into fight after progressionless fight and "hnng would you like to see my bankai." and it ultimately ends super badly in terms of character arcs and emotional momentum (the aizen twist was still cool!). the wasted relationship between rukia and ichigo is just one part of it (even if they were just to remain friends, they should have gone forward as co-protagonists!). it just never rebuilds that emotional connection, buries itself in the same shit that destroys all of the worst shonen jumps.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
i think soul society, if im remembering the arc names right, works well coming off of the first one. where the first arc builds the relationship between ichigo and rukia, as well as with ichigo's friends, arc two is like the protagonist going into hell to save someone they love. things just keep getting worse and worse, but the protagonist persists (with shonen flair). it does get generic as it breaks down into fight after progressionless fight and "hnng would you like to see my bankai." and it ultimately ends super badly in terms of character arcs and emotional momentum (the aizen twist was still cool!). the wasted relationship between rukia and ichigo is just one part of it (even if they were just to remain friends, they should have gone forward as co-protagonists!). it just never rebuilds that emotional connection.
The biggest problem with bleach is that you die if you drink it. Also are you sure you're a journalist? Do you only edit in proper grammar and capitalization when you're on the clock?

Seriously, though. I think a lot of the problems I had with Bleach come down to pacing issues. I think I liked it on the whole, but good lord some of those arcs carried on for way too long.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest problem with bleach is that you die if you drink it. Also are you sure you're a journalist? Do you only edit in proper grammar and capitalization when you're on the clock?

Seriously, though. I think a lot of the problems I had with Bleach come down to pacing issues. I think I liked it on the whole, but good lord some of those arcs carried on for way too long.
it's what i tell my bosses, if you want proper grammar you need to pay me enough to justify it. which is all my work is garbled nonsense. (joke. plz dont fire. my work is excellent.)

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So you can't say Doom or Animal Crossing sucks but saying a game is boring and everyone will gang up on those who defend it and the defenders get flagged? What?

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
i think soul society, if im remembering the arc names right, works well coming off of the first one. where the first arc builds the relationship between ichigo and rukia, as well as with ichigo's friends, arc two is like the protagonist going into hell to save someone they love. things just keep getting worse and worse, but the protagonist persists (with shonen flair). it does get generic as it breaks down into fight after progressionless fight and "hnng would you like to see my bankai." and it ultimately ends super badly in terms of character arcs and emotional momentum (the aizen twist was still cool!). the wasted relationship between rukia and ichigo is just one part of it (even if they were just to remain friends, they should have gone forward as co-protagonists!). it just never rebuilds that emotional connection, buries itself in the same shit that destroys all of the worst shonen jumps.
For me it was iconography and the instant recognition that instead of a cool ghost fighting adventure it was becoming power scaling "who would win" fights against not-frieza's and not-cell's. That shit is an instant check out for me when the characters aren't at the core of the fights. It becomes flash. Who cares. And ultimately it did come down to what you said. The core relationship getting us there amounting to moot. So that's where I realized it wasn't for me.

Then I realized classic Gundam whips and said "fuck that lame martial arts wanna be bullshit! WE'RE MECHA FANS NOW!!" And the rest of history look at my avatar it's cute as fuck your shonen favorites could never ok goodnight

Status
Not open for further replies.