• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly, the only thing I remember from Code Geass nowadays is this fansub highlight from R2:

bb3.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What was that other giant robot show with the two dueling factions? I think the bad guys were on the moon or something and they would send down like bosses to take over the earth?

the main robot was all white

edit: it was Aldnoah Zero. That was a good show.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I upgraded from my 2018 11 inch iPad Pro to a 2020 12.9 inch and holy shit that screen size is a hell of a difference. My already poor eyesight is getting more problematic as I get older and double page spreads were a problem in portrait (I'm too lazy to rotate every other page in the average Avengers comic :) ) Now I can read them properly!

I set a picture of an angry Spider Jerusalem head as my background and it looks glorious.
congrats on the upgrade! livin the digital comics dream.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For Canadian book collectors with some cash to spare at the moment...

Indigo.ca currently has a graphic novel buy 2 get 1 free deal going on till March 30th. The deal also works on preorders too. If you are a plum plus member you also get an extra 10% off.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
DC has been the quietest of the publishers so far, but apparently it did send out a letter to freelancer written by Harras.

"To Our DC Talent Community,

Everyone here at DC is thinking of you and the challenges that you're all facing in this current crisis. I want to stress that DC is fully open for business. Our editorial teams and support staff are working remotely for the foreseeable future but that will not interfere with our day-to-day operations.

Our main concern, of course, is your well-being and that of your families. No matter where you are in the world, take care and don't hesitate to reach out. We realize that there may be unexpected challenges ahead and I want you to know that we are here to help.

No one knows, of course, how long this current situation may last. For now, this is our new normal. And as we transition to a company working from home, we gain the flexibility to overcome any challenge. Most importantly, we remain incredibly excited about the stories we will create together.

Best,
Bob
"

Curious how this jives with the current speculation that DC is telling certain creatives "pencils down."

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Is the Comixology online reader still using low quality images? I think of using it every now and again, and then remember how bad everything looks in it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Vertical just launched their own Manga digital App called IZNEO

Also, theres going to be a Batman: Detective Comics Rebirth omni! Comes out December 22nd, god willing...

Batman: Detective Comics Omnibus: Amazon.co.uk: James Tynion IV: 9781779506658: Books

Buy Batman: Detective Comics Omnibus 01 by James Tynion IV (ISBN: 9781779506658) from Amazon's Book Store. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say Code Geass is good all the way up until it totally fucks itself.

And then its the worst.

But its not just the worst.

It's the worst that makes people think it has something to say when it doesn't.
The whole God storyline is quite possibly one of the worst attempts at "philosophy" that I've ever seen in a show.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was Dark Horse?
It's confusing. We know Dark Horse is stopping putting out books, but we don't know if they've also told their writers to stop writing. We only know that GWW and Leila del Duca have been told to put "pencils down" on projects. They both have known work going on at DC. LDD didn't have a project at Dark Horse that we know of. So the speculation I've seen is that it's DC.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel gon cancel all books except top sellers like immortal hulk, bleeding cool says
Do you have a link, I cant find it?

I could see that happening though. I dont know if cancel is the right word, maybe delay, but yea they should go ahead a continue doing their biggest sellers for now.

EDIT: Yea I dont see anything about it on their site.
EDIT2: I hate you

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I did find this article that is pretty interesting:

www.bleedingcool.com

The State of the Comics Industry Under Coronavirus - On Tuesday

I have been writing this article for almost twenty-four hours. Been talking to senior comic book industry figure after another. The problem is, the second

Places might be trying to scoop up talent from publishers that have already told them to put their pencils down lol. Plus talk of some sort of industry bailout, but what would that even look like?

I understand that there is industry bailout funds being put together, which will seek to help retailers, creators, publishers and distributors under stress. There could be a little more co-ordination about everyone's efforts though. However, it is expected that a number of publishers and retailers will have to close as a result of this stress. There is a talent buying spree – creators who were told to stop working on their comics by their publisher, have been picked up already by Marvel, DC, AWA and Bad Idea, with a mission to keep on pumping out their pages in readiness for when everyone's had a cup of tea and all this has blown over. All Marvel and DC creators I have spoken to are still working on their projects.

Also, no one is talking about a Marvel DC crossover, which yea no shit.

DC was considering putting all their new books on their DC Universe App, but that would undercut the entire market, and it would make paying creators difficult.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
it's been so long since JC was active here that y'all forgot all about how these things go huh

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Time for Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe (Valiant released the web series for free.).

After Bloodshot maybe though. Vic_Viper needs to tell us if the order matters for the VCU.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hey the bill passed the house! Now all were waiting on is Trump to sign it and then we get checks! Just wish I had something to spend it on lol...
Time for Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe (Valiant released the web series for free.).

After Bloodshot maybe though. Vic_Viper needs to tell us if the order matters for the VCU.

Oh I have no idea lol. Bloodshot was totally stand alone, they didnt even attempt to set up an extended universe sadly. They probably had plans to, but after that new company bought out Valiant those plans probably went to shit.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Marvel is trying to work with Diamond to restore their distribution asap, rather than wait. This is from a mailer that Marvel sent out themselves, not BC

News and features about Marvel Studios | GamesRadar+

The latest Marvel Studios breaking news, comment and features from GamesRadar+

Also, free stuff from Valiant!

Im gunna have to read some Valiant now lol.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it's gonna take 4 weeks to deliver my Shonen Jumps from GBAmazon. They must be seriously backed up.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
WTF DC, why would you release the Black Label Batman Last Knight on Earth HC, but in standard size lol! A book like that should be released in Deluxe only. If it wasnt done in that magazine style format like Harleen, then do a regular OHC release. Im not buying a standard sized hc.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
WTF DC, why would you release the Black Label Batman Last Knight on Earth HC, but in standard size lol! A book like that should be released in Deluxe only. If it wasnt done in that magazine style format like Harleen, then do a regular OHC release. Im not buying a standard sized hc.

Oh they know what they are doing. It wasn't in Harleen format it was regular comic sized. But they are gonna hit the fools on the double dip because they know they will buy it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the camera in Bravely Default 2. Its way to zoomed out in towns. Its better in the overworld but not much. Just weird considering its a game on a handheld system.

Its also hard as shit lol

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As long as people keep buying standard HC's then they're not going away anytime soon. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.