• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
But that still leaves the normal money-making scheme, the stalk market. Which isn't much of a gamble in the world of online play, because you can always find someone whose town you can sell high in.
Yeah, it's far less of a gamble than it used to be. You just might have to bribe your way into someone's island. The person I asked to visit today was very nice, though.

In New Leaf, I just caught a ton of very expensive bugs with a similar technique that Freeza and you were talking about for tarantulas.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Yeah, it's far less of a gamble than it used to be. You just might have to bribe your way into someone's island. The person I asked to visit today was very nice, though.

In New Leaf, I just caught a ton of very expensive bugs with a similar technique that Freeza and you were talking about for tarantulas.
Yeah, beetle-farming was all the rage in that one.

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
I've been making enough money playing normally that I don't know how often I'll even bother with the turnips. I think I've been averaging about 100,000 bells a day without doing any investing. That will still have all my loans paid off before I actually have all the furniture I need to make the inside of the house into what I want it to be.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
What does it cover? I wouldn't recommend N52 Justice League before Forever Evil (and then that just as a precursor to Darkseid War)

It's issues 0-12 of N52. Stuff drawn by Jim Lee, but is before Trinity War and Forever Evil.

I read all of Trinity War through Darkseid War, but never the earlier stuff. Just wasn't sure if it's worth checking out.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

so uh, how bad do you wanna be on the island?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing too:

You will regularly encounter gold spots on your island. If you bury money in them, a money tree grows. A money tree gives you back three times what you planted.

I'm five days into this game, and I have 99,000 planted in three places. So each of those trees is going to give me almost 300,000, and it's three trees, so it's almost 900,000 in total.

That's very close to 1,000,000. The largest loan in the game is 2,000,000.

Money isn't a problem, and farming tarantulas is a waste of time.
But didn't it take a pretty long time to get the ~300,000 bells needed to plant? Which I assume is in addition to the bells you've spent on other things besides saving them for the money trees.

Edit: just saw that you've been making about 100,000 a day. How long do you play and what do you do to get that many bells? I've only been earning ~10-30k a day.

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
But didn't it take a pretty long time to get the ~300,000 bells needed to plant? Which I assume is in addition to the bells you've spent on other things besides saving them for the money trees.

Edit: just saw that you've been making about 100,000 a day. How long do you play and what do you do to get that many bells? I've only been earning ~10-30k a day.
I've been playing a lot, but I basically just strip-mine and deforest those islands you fly to with tickets purchased with Nook Miles. It's a lot of stuff to sell in a pretty small, concentrated area. I'm getting things like iron to sell them, not for crafting. I don't keep any more than 30 of any of those crafting materials in storage.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It's issues 0-12 of N52. Stuff drawn by Jim Lee, but is before Trinity War and Forever Evil.

I read all of Trinity War through Darkseid War, but never the earlier stuff. Just wasn't sure if it's worth checking out.
So i enjoyed the New 52 Justice League. BUT, its like a greatest hits of Justice League stories being retold in the New 52 universe. Its not going to win any awards or anything, but its also not bad by any means. Its just kinda there.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Nrama: The X-Men line has also expanded into the Giant-Size one-shots that sort of feel like a successor to the 90s X-Men Unlimited anthology. Jean Grey/Emma Frost just hit with some gorgeous Russell Dauterman art. Nightcrawler, Fantomex, and Magneto have their stories on the horizon. What creators and characters do you have lined up next?

White: Well, we've announced that Russell is coming back to do a Giant-Size Storm to wrap up this arc of five one-shots. We've got lots of ideas for what comes next - in fact we've begun cooking a new series of specials that starts after XOS is over that everyone involved is really excited about... but it's too early to tell you much about those. Soon!

I wonder what these will end up being.

May 24, 2019

Don't do it. I think that stuff is either really middling or lousy.
I remember the second arc being really bad. The Shazam backups were what was getting me to hang on.

May 24, 2019
I decided to buy Batman aNd robin omnibus,and transformers phase 2 vol1-4,I'll buy the next 4 at the end of next month,I love transformers.

Get Grant Morrison's New 52 Batman Incorporated to read beside it. A massive thing happens in there that impacts BnR, directing the second half of the run.

You'd be skipping a whole lot of Morrison's Batman saga, but you can still read it as another Batman and Robin comic on the surface.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Don't do it. I think that stuff is either really middling or lousy.
I remember the second arc being really bad. The Shazam backups were what was getting me to hang on.
Totally skippable. The first year of N52 JL was not good
So i enjoyed the New 52 Justice League. BUT, its like a greatest hits of Justice League stories being retold in the New 52 universe. Its not going to win any awards or anything, but its also not bad by any means. Its just kinda there.

Thanks, ya'll saved me some bells.

May 24, 2019
Ok cool it's both vol 1 and 2 right that's what I have.

The big moment happens a couple of issues into the "Gotham's Most Wanted" trade with issue #8. BnR #18 comes after that. There's no other crossover between them, so you don't need to go back and forth throughout.

Have you done the rest of Morrison's Batman? N52 Incorporated is the end of it.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
The big moment happens a couple of issues into the "Gotham's Most Wanted" trade with issue #8. BnR #18 comes after that. There's no other crossover between them, so you don't need to go back and forth throughout.

Have you done the rest of Morrison's Batman? N52 Incorporated is the end of it.
.oops no I haven't after all that is going to be in vol 3 omnibus which comes out in August.damn.

Last edited:

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While you all are playing Animal Crossing I've been having space adventures in No Man's Sky. I'm having fun naming the planets I find after Warframe mission nodes and this game is an amazing screen-shot simulator.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
While you all are playing Animal Crossing I've been having space adventures in No Man's Sky. I'm having fun naming the planets I find after Warframe mission nodes and this game is an amazing screen-shot simulator.
I played a lot of that game back when it came out. Then they gave the game a massive overhaul, and when I went back pretty much all my gear was reduced to "obsolete tech." I was out after that. I put too much time in to start over.
Are you mad that you paid $60 for it and now we all get to play it for free?

tumblr_pwi4pjOHMR1s6ub5do2_500.gifv

Nope.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I was thinking lol. Save that for the next bill.
This is why so many fucking bills get killed. Someone always tries to sneak in something that has nothing to do with the main purpose of the bill.

"Okay, this bill provides guaranteed parental leave for new parents..... AND FREE HAMBURGERS ON FRIDAYS!!! YAY!!!"

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a lot, but I basically just strip-mine and deforest those islands you fly to with tickets purchased with Nook Miles. It's a lot of stuff to sell in a pretty small, concentrated area. I'm getting things like iron to sell them, not for crafting. I don't keep any more than 30 of any of those crafting materials in storage.
Okay I just got to a gold thing. How do I plant money in it?

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Okay I just got to a gold thing. How do I plant money in it?
First dig up the money that's buried there. Then in your inventory, select your bells, and it'll let you turn an amount of them into an object (like a bag of money), then you select it and plant it.

Doggo-san says it'll only give you up to 30,000, so don't bury more than 10,000.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I was told differently, and the person I heard it from even had a guide they were citing.
I think I recall it being the case in previous games, so it's not terribly suprising. But if you plant the maximum every day, it'll still be a decent amount of bells. You'll have a new 90,000 bells every day once you get things running.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So anyways, having finished my reread of Batman & Robin Eternal, I wanted to talk about it a little bit. It's definitely still a fun book, if not more fun than the first time I read it. A very focused plot, good dialogue, well-balanced ensemble, a lot of action, a lot of strong chemistry between characters, and nothing ever feels irrelevant, even if a bit long in the tooth or digressional at times. As a man who enjoys Batman's family more than solo stories about him, this was totally my jam. I got my issues with the story, though. Tynion and Snyder do a great job essentially being the showrunners of the book with the story, but everyone else on the planet seems to script the issues; Genevieve Valentine does a huge bulk, along with Ed Brisson, Tim Seeley, and Steve Orlando for the rest (along with a few others that I'm sure I missed). The art's usually solid, but not outstanding save for a few issues here and there.

So, here's my biggest problem: for series all about Robins, it's not really about any of the Robins...except for one: Dick. It's very much a Grayson story, to the point of it pretty much being essential to Grayson. It explains what happens to Poppy and the purpose of Somnus and how there's a contingency plan for Dick to become Nightwing again. It also heavily relies on Spyral as the catalyst for Mother's plan and the advancement of the plot, as well as Poppy as an antagonist. Granted, I understand Dick being so central, being as he's the first Robin. The premise of the book being that Mother is engineering child soldiers around the world and Bruce began the case originally with Dick. The questions brought up of a conspiracy running so deep as to whether or not Bruce had been grooming the Robins into his own soldiers. The classic "oh our mentor kept shit a secret and this is bad." So the thing is, you'd think that Tim and Jason and Damian would get a lot of focus? Well Tim and Jason are along for the ride, and they're great. They're integral to the plot, they play their parts and serve their roles and even spend most of their time on their own adventure. Honestly though? They aren't the focus of the book. As much of an absolute gemstone Jason Todd is in this book, the bastard doesn't matter. The story would need to be rewritten a bit, but the St Dumas storyline could be removed. You don't need it. The revelation about Icthys could easily just be opening some file and finding some brainwashing pods at the Nursery. St Dumas exists to bring Azrael back into the Bat mythos and that's about it. The idea that there's a religion that revolves around this brand new miracle technology and the advancement of technology and approaching the Singularity isn't really explored or elaborated and comes off as existential nonsense meant to buy time.

This is a Harper, Cass, and Dick book, and two of those aren't Robins and yet this is their book. That's never more evident than when the teams split up, Tim and Jason go to Santa Prisca to deal with St Dumas and Dick, Cass, and Harper go to Prague to follow up on Batman's old file. In fact, We Are Robin was going on at this time and Duke and the gang even show up and they disappear after that initial "Protect Wayne" mission near the beginning of the book and Duke (and only Duke) shows back up at the end of the book for the final hoorah. Damian also doesn't show up until the very end as a literal slap in the face to everyone to get their shit together. It's a massive bummer, because as fun and enjoyable as this book is, I wanted a Robin book. Tim and Jason don't have much of a focus as to where they play in the potential idea of where they may fall in Bruce's sculpted soldier process. Yet they're on the list of potential children. The list consists of Dick Grayson (the first Robin, when Bruce met Mother and began this whole thing), Harper Row (the "perfect Robin" that Mother puts forth and offers Bruce), Cassandra Cain (Mother's perfect soldier as offered by Orphan, crafted by the old ways), Jason Todd, and Tim Drake. The problem is that Jason and Tim don't get any focus as to how Mother may have played into their roles, or as to how Bruce's interactions with Mother may have affected his relationships with them. Instead the flashback arc one long case during his time with Dick. Damian is obviously not on the list, but that would've been interesting to see how he really factored in beyond a couple pages of "y'all need to get your shit together." When we get the idea that Mother designed a Robin, we have the original bait that it was Tim, but it turns out the phone call from "mother" was actually his actual mom. The Robin that Mother designed was Harper, but she never became a Robin so then Mother never technically designed a Robin. A fine twist to be sure, but good god does it yank on my chains for a long time.

Overall, I enjoyed B&R Eternal, but my issue is both a nitpick and something I feel is legitimate. If the focus is going to be on the Robins, then make it the Robins. Not just one Robin and then two other characters, with two Robins as supporting characters on a sidequest for a plot device that could be explained in a few panels.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
for those looking for some free reading, 2000ad made the Judge Dredd Case Files Vol. 5 free via its app (apple, android, windows 10). Case Files Vol. 5 is some of the best of the entire Dredd run and would be a perfect point of entry, a perfect way to see if it's something you're into.

2000ad.com

Free to download: 400 pages of epic Judge Dredd!

Going into self-imposed isolation to combat the spread of COVID-19? Fear not, 2000 AD is here to make the process less painful – and for free! The critically and fan-acclaimed Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Vol.5 is now available to download FOR FREE from the 2000 AD webshop. Download now...

Status
Not open for further replies.