• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily. Have you seen some of the armor in this game?

1710a646b48cf94f713b28ccaca35f65.jpg
How dark souls fans look to every woman they approach

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can never decide which is better, Dark Souls or Bloodborne

I think the level design in Bloodborne is unmatched and it feels like a more consistently quality game but the first half of Dark Souls is gaming nirvana

It was a a generalization. It was actually someone back in the Nioh 2 demo thread that really got under my skin.

no worries, it was a godfather reference that had to go gifless because Hagen says Michael's name and we can't have that. you're freeza not michael. (apologies if your name is michael)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can never decide which is better, Dark Souls or Bloodborne

I think the level design in Bloodborne is unmatched and it feels like a more consistently quality game but the first half of Dark Souls is gaming nirvana

no worries, it was a godfather reference that had to go gifless because Hagen says Michael's name and we can't have that. you're freeza not michael. (apologies if your name is michael)

Bloodborne doesn't have the abysmally shitty second half of Dark Souls and manages to be faster and weightier without delving into the awful toothless and spammy combat of Dark Souls III. It's the best of all worlds, save for the lack of memorable NPCs.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mark Waid's Flash definitely gets better after Terminal Velocity, though The Return of Barry Allen will probably still be the best story of the run. Plus it has Impulse tie-ins and as we all know Impulse is the best.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
"Willing to do what Batman can't" doesn't feel like the sort of attitude Batman would be fostering
He knowingly condones the Suicide Squad. The thing is he says "can't" and not "won't," so it's fine.

I think.
Thinking about getting Batman eternal omnibus how is it?
I read it in trade and stopped after volume 1. Thought it was boring. Batman and Robin Eternal is far more enjoyable.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I put that other guy on ignore, tho. I would never put you on ignore.

Bloodborne doesn't have the abysmally shitty second half of Dark Souls and manages to be faster and weightier without delving into the awful toothless and spammy combat of Dark Souls III. It's the best of all worlds, save for the lack of memorable NPCs.

I wouldn't know, I've never gotten past ornstein and smough lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about getting Batman eternal omnibus how is it?
Yea its probably best to get the complete editions on sale if your really interested. I picked up the omni because I knew I would enjoy it, but its definitely not the best use of a 52 issue weekly series (especially when compared to 52). The sequel, Batman and Robin Eternal gets much more love.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Looking for other series like the original Young Justice, or the New X-Men after Morrison. Some other examples are the Cassie Cain Batgirl, Spider-girl, or the Waid/Ramos Impulse. Doesnt have to be Teen characters, just that style of book with the more cartoonish artstyle and a more happyish tone.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking for other series like the original Young Justice, or the New X-Men after Morrison. Some other examples are the Cassie Cain Batgirl, Spider-girl, or the Waid/Ramos Impulse. Doesnt have to be Teen characters, just that style of book with the more cartoonish artstyle and a more happyish tone.

Here's some from my own library, but also read Impulse:

Atomic Robo

Incredible Hercules

Moon Gil & Devil Dinosaur

Unstoppable Wasp

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Burnside Batgirl
New Avengers by Ewing

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Atomic Robo is awesome. It's real pulpy sci-fi with enough subversive edge to be interesting, and more about Robo's ongoing adventures than any overall arc.
CMX has a bunch of the tpbs on unlimited so I grabbed the first two. Are there any Deluxe Editions for the series? Or just the standard tpbs? Just curious.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The first Blue Beetle run by John Rogers is great. After he leaves it goes downhill some but it;s still worth sticking around until it ends. Everything after that has sadly not come close to it however.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Protect Laura Braga at all costs.

Also can we get Dike Ruan on an X-Men book. Some of these guys are doing bad fuckin art when this dude works for Marvel and his interiors look like this.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first Blue Beetle run by John Rogers is great. After he leaves it goes downhill some but it;s still worth sticking around until it ends. Everything after that has sadly not come close to it however.

Oh yeah definitely this one. Blue Beetle is a classic. Gail Simone's All-New Atom from the same era is good too.

CMX has a bunch of the tpbs on unlimited so I grabbed the first two. Are there any Deluxe Editions for the series? Or just the standard tpbs? Just curious.

There's three ominubes collecting nine TPBs total, plus three more TPBs after that. It doesn't seem that vol. 11 and 12 are on CMX however.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

RB Silva doing the standard edition cover. ohmgosh. i love silva's x-art.

w1jPA7S.png

dhuG6Rc.png

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah definitely this one. Blue Beetle is a classic. Gail Simone's All-New Atom from the same era is good too.

There's three ominubes collecting nine TPBs total, plus three more TPBs after that. It doesn't seem that vol. 11 and 12 are on CMX however.
Oh nice, thanks!

Also can we get Dike Ruan on an X-Men book. Some of these guys are doing bad fuckin art when this dude works for Marvel and his interiors look like this.
Yea I just discovered this dude and he's freaking amazing! He's doing the Shang Chi mini and this awesome looking Ninja Vampire book called Bleed Them Dry lol.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, thanks!

Yea I just discovered this dude and he's freaking amazing! He's doing the Shang Chi mini and this awesome looking Ninja Vampire book called Bleed Them Dry lol.

He did this for me last year before he got the big marvel gig

7D72Ugl4_2110191419241gpadd.jpeg

He's fantastic

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
is svengoolie going to be the gotcha of comicera

Status
Not open for further replies.