• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
EveryOblongIndianrhinoceros.gif

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I've read all my physical Shonen Jumps outside of Yotsuba! So I guess I'm bringing comics to work tomorrow for the 4 hours I'll sit waiting for customers. Yay.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
stay safe man. Hope the comics are good.

Taking all the precautions but the joys of being a store manager means I gotta work 6 day weeks to cover staff who just don't feel comfortable coming to work or live with vulnerable people. I understand it, it's fine, I'm happy to help.

Boredom has made me return to dirty comics. I hope I don't get sick from reading American comics.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
My issue with the quarantine isn't really the quarantine itself. It's the slow drip of any real news. So I find myself desperate for any new headlines. I mean, besides the ones about Trump sending everyone back to work already to save his precious economy.

I don't think failed business people should be allowed to be president.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda got obsessed with this "pruning based on what sells" idea so here's the thought experiment I ran: I looked at the sales data of every comic that released on 02/12 this year, per Comichron, and looked at the top 5 books for both DC and Marvel. The date is completely arbitrary, I just wanted to see what the line would look like on a random week with only the five most popular books that weren't specials, events or minis for sale; I picked 5 because that makes for a 20 bucks trip to the comics store, which is basically equivalent to a night at the movies. Anyway here goes:

DC:
-Green Lantern Season 2
-Superman
-Flash
-Wonder Woman
-Catwoman

Marvel:
-X-Men
-Amazing Spider-Man
-Immortal Hulk
-Venom
-Thor

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Taking all the precautions but the joys of being a store manager means I gotta work 6 day weeks to cover staff who just don't feel comfortable coming to work or live with vulnerable people. I understand it, it's fine, I'm happy to help.

Boredom has made me return to dirty comics. I hope I don't get sick from reading American comics.

Don't worry, American comics are over soon. Season finale is like next week or something.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I kinda got obsessed with this "pruning based on what sells" idea so here's the thought experiment I ran: I looked at the sales data of every comic that released on 02/12 this year, per Comichron, and looked at the top 5 books for both DC and Marvel. The date is completely arbitrary, I just wanted to see what the line would look like on a random week with only the five most popular books that weren't specials, events or minis for sale; I picked 5 because that makes for a 20 bucks trip to the comics store, which is basically equivalent to a night at the movies. Anyway here goes:

DC:
-Green Lantern Season 2
-Superman
-Flash
-Wonder Woman
-Catwoman

Marvel:
-X-Men
-Amazing Spider-Man
-Immortal Hulk
-Venom
-Thor

I mean, not a bad line up for the big two. Beef them up with more stories and characters with lots of great artists, I'm down.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

DC:
-Green Lantern Season 2
-Superman
-Flash
-Wonder Woman
-Catwoman

Marvel:
-X-Men
-Amazing Spider-Man
-Immortal Hulk
-Venom
-Thor

Tbh that's a great Marvel week and a decent DC one...

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

I love those designs, but I can't get over jacked Daken. He's so massive.
Man I am so bad at committing to one pass time. I play games I think I should be reading comics, I read comics I think I should be writing, and when I write I get bored and want to do something else.

I should probably stop playing games for a while anyway. Other than Yakuza nothing's holding my interest.
Just rub one out. None of those things AND it passes time. No regrets.

cormags

Mar 1, 2020
Daken looking like Hanzo in his casual skin.

I finished Thompson's first volume of Captain Marvel and really really enjoyed it. I just wish my library would reopen so I could 1) return it 2) check out some new books :(

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Comic stores order comics ahead of time. That's what solicitations are for.

The Big Two aren't going to fuck over comic stores that paid for April books back in January. And if they do, that's a big warning sign for the DM, akin to some of those first-run movies being moved to digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.