• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Hate Tim's costume with a passion.
It's fine. Like, just fine. It's not "Tim" though. It screams "utility," and while Tim's a utility guy, he's also a superhero fanboy and that's not that kind of costume. He's a cape guy. But I don't hate it.

Him taking Drake is dumb, mostly because A) Tim smarter than that and B) taking the name of your evil Earth counterpart seems very very wrong. It'd be like if Clark went "hmmmm Ultraman does have a better ring to it."

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
He went pro after beating all the kids "fuck them kids"

OxZvzBm.jpg
two more hours since this post

May 24, 2019
My longest on Steam is 96hrs on MGSV
Longest ever is probably Persona 3 Fes in the low 100s (if the extra campaign counts as one thing)

I'm surprised that Fallout 4 has 80+hrs cause I felt like I quit that pretty fast.

Last edited:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I mean, I'm really enjoying it. I just have an issue with 20+ minute action dramas in that they usually don't feel satisfying within one episode. At least not with general animation, and certainly not series like MHA, Black Clover, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Hunter X Hunter, etc.

You and I have very different definitions of "so bad" if that's what that season is. Tokyo Toni Needs Love ASAP is "so bad." Lost Girl is "so bad." Sword Art Online is "so bad." Are you telling me MHA S4 is on that tier?
Okay, so yeah, maybe "so bad" was an exaggeration.
I just feel like the pacing is all over the place, qnd moments that should be special instead just... don't land. They rushed some parts while spending like a million years on others. The only parts i thought were done well were the red riot fights and the mini arc after the yakuza one.

Watching the anime i though the series was... decent, then i read the manga and to my surprise, stuff was exciting, it was tense, it was more emotionally charged, things were way different. And then i tried to keep watching season 4 but it's even more evident that it just falls short

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Outlawed was pretty average. And Wicked Things seems just okay so far. It's missing that spark that made Giant Days so special.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
That's the equivalent of 7 years of my work life...
To be fair... You can set the game to auto battle certain opponents to grind stuff. So it basically can become an idle game. Easy to just leave on in the background, too.

Also it's a phone game so I bet they have more hours than that invested between the two clients lol

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
imagine getting to write a cool post-apocalyptic wonder woman story and instead filling it with all of your weird freudian batman baggage.

It's frustrating. A Wonder Woman story by them could be amazing. But all we get is the Batman baggage...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I have faith that they will deliver something great. The LMAO Batman is still going to be the main villain though, along with Perpetua or whatever her name is, so that stuff cant exactly be avoided.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of a deluxe Metal HC with the tie ins is super wierd when SGM gets one for his bullshit.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Especially after they already promised us one lol. Hell, War of the Realms and Absolute Carnage are getting one less than a year after they finished and Metal still doesnt have one in sight. This should have been in the works for before Death Metal came out.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of a deluxe Metal HC with the tie ins is super wierd when SGM gets one for his bullshit.
yeah dc is being weird again with the snyder stuff. you know it'll all get oversized eventually, but maybe they're holding off to give the first snyder batman omnibus more time to breathe? i don't even know.

we're just getting a batman road to no man's land omnibus before a snyderbus vol. 2 and dc is weird.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ive never read No Man's Land, but ive always been interested in reading it. I actually read the Greg Rucka prose novel when it came out for a book report lol, but that was over a decade ago.

Was going to wait for the omnis, but screw it, went ahead and bought the collections since they were on sale.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone read the first God of War comic, released in 2018? Looks like they're doing another one that will go all the way back to the ending of God of War 3.

""God of War: Fallen God follows Kratos after conquering Zeus and thwarting Athena. Believing himself to be finally free of his bondage, he sets sail for the desert in an attempt to distance himself from his home and his shame only to find his rage and guilt follow close behind. Kratos rages against the one foe that has proven to be unconquerable—himself. But a war against oneself is unwinnable, and only invites
madness."

god-of-war-fallen-god-cover-1211969.jpeg

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
imagine getting to write a cool post-apocalyptic wonder woman story and instead filling it with all of your weird freudian batman baggage.
okay but also: last time Batman won the day with a Joker dragon and now there's just Joker dragons hanging out and isn't that a promise that the day will be saved in an entirely new way

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
okay but also: last time Batman won the day with a Joker dragon and now there's just Joker dragons hanging out and isn't that a promise that the day will be saved in an entirely new way
if it doesn't end with batman and batman who lmaos fucking, is it even metal?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder Woman has a Chainsaw of Truth

I'm not sure people realize how fucking stupid that sounds, and it's the exact stupid I love

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
these lists are incredibly irresponsible and once again I urge the industry to massively slow down because that's a lot of inventory for shops to carry, and they can scarcely afford it:

Sex Criminals #28
Action Comics #1021
Amethyst #2
Basketful of Heads #7
Batman/Superman #8
Far Sector #5
Flash #752
John Constantine: Hellblazer #5
Justice League Dark #21
Legion of Superheroes #5
Suicide Squad #4
Hellions #1
Immortal Hulk #33
Punisher: Soviet #6
Tarot #4
X-Men #9
X-Men/Fantastic Four #3

May 24, 2019
List:
ACTION COMICS #1021
AMETHYST #2
BASKETFUL OF HEADS #6
BATMAN SUPERMAN #8
FAR SECTOR #5
GIANT SIZE X-MEN #1 NIGHTCRAWLER
IMMORTAL HULK #33
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #21
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #5
SUICIDE SQUAD #4
WOLVERINE #2
X-MEN #9
X-MEN FANTASTIC FOUR #3

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone get a feeling Lord Bezos will just make every comic digital at this point during this shit?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
these lists are incredibly irresponsible and once again I urge the industry to massively slow down because that's a lot of inventory for shops to carry, and they can scarcely afford it:

Sex Criminals #28
Action Comics #1021
Amethyst #2
Basketful of Heads #7
Batman/Superman #8
Far Sector #5
Flash #752
John Constantine: Hellblazer #5
Justice League Dark #21
Legion of Superheroes #5
Suicide Squad #4
Hellions #1
Immortal Hulk #33
Punisher: Soviet #6
Tarot #4
X-Men #9
X-Men/Fantastic Four #3

What's Basketful of Heads about? A comedy like 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Lazarus Risen lol

My list:
Far Sector (fuck yea!)
X-Men 9
X-Men Nightcrawler

gunna wait on getting anymore LOSH issues.

May 24, 2019
What's Basketful of Heads about? A comedy like 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag?

It's Joe (Locke and Key) Hill's comic from his DC horror line. It's about a girl who's boyfriend is kidnapped by criminals during a break-in at a house they're staying at. She manages to grab a magical Nordic axe out of a cabinet and lops the head off one of the criminals, which somehow is staying alive without it's body, so she sticks the head in a basket to help her find her dude.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
It's Joe (Locke and Key) Hill's comic from his DC horror line. It's about a girl who's boyfriend is kidnapped by criminals during a break-in at a house they're staying at. She manages to grab a magical Nordic axe out of a cabinet and lops the head off one of the criminals, which somehow is staying alive without it's body, so she sticks the head in a basket to help her find her dude.

Damn, horror. Still sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.