• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
ooo another Dark Horse collection discovery. the first one

90425284_10156888767407751_6351385186214608896_o.jpg

Neil Gaiman Library Volume 2
Written by Neil Gaiman
Illustrated by Mark Buckingham, Michael Zulli, John Bolton, Colleen Doran
ADD TO WISH
HARDCOVER
$49.99 US

Dark Horse Comics | Dark Horse Books
0"W x 0"H x 0"D | 20 oz | 12 per carton
On sale Nov 24, 2020 | 336 Pages | 978-1-5067-1594-0
A deluxe oversized collection of comic stories from celebrated and award-winning writer Neil Gaiman, in conjunction with some of comics' most acclaimed creators.

In these four essential Gaiman tales, a group of friends search for a mysterious circus that is either a dream or nightmare, a string of bizarre occult events befall strangers from all walks of life, a woman is given the gift of a Harlequin's heart, and a young boy is followed by monsters and regrets that last a lifetime.

Collects the full graphic novels The Facts in the Case of the Departure of Miss Finch, Likely Stories, Harlequin Valentine, and Troll Bridge in a single deluxe hardcover volume.​

here's the link to the first gaiman library, which won't be out until june.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Decent month. No Saga but Sex Criminals, Low, Monstress ect

www.newsarama.com

IMAGE COMICS June 2020 Solicitations

BLACK MAGICK, DIE, a SEX CRIMINALS special, and more.

Chew is back? Without Guilory?

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzgvMzk0L29yaWdpbmFsL2NodTAxX3NvbGljaXQuanBnPzE1ODQ3MTU1ODY=

"THE FIRST COURSE," Part One
TONY CHU is a cibopath, able to get psychic impressions from what he eats. SAFFRON CHU is a cibopars, able to learn secrets from who she eats with. Tony is a cop. Saffron is a criminal. They are brother and sister, and they are on a collision course. Spinning out of the multiple Eisner Award-winning and New York Times bestselling series CHEW comes CHU, a felonious new food noir about cops, crooks, cooks, and clairvoyants

Last edited:

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
You know between identity crisis and heroes in crisis, I would say identity crisis is worse. That's how bad it was
Identity Crisis is terrible. I hate rape being used as a plot device in stories that aren't interested in actually dealing with that subject matter in a way that has some purpose and specificity to it. When rape is used in stories where something else could have been substituted in without changing the story, because all that matters is that something bad happened, they lose me immediately.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Decent month. No Saga but Sex Criminals, Low, Monstress ect

www.newsarama.com

IMAGE COMICS June 2020 Solicitations

BLACK MAGICK, DIE, a SEX CRIMINALS special, and more.

Chew is back? Without Guilory?

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzgvMzk0L29yaWdpbmFsL2NodTAxX3NvbGljaXQuanBnPzE1ODQ3MTU1ODY=

"THE FIRST COURSE," Part One
TONY CHU is a cibopath, able to get psychic impressions from what he eats. SAFFRON CHU is a cibopars, able to learn secrets from who she eats with. Tony is a cop. Saffron is a criminal. They are brother and sister, and they are on a collision course. Spinning out of the multiple Eisner Award-winning and New York Times bestselling series CHEW comes CHU, a felonious new food noir about cops, crooks, cooks, and clairvoyants

New entry for the hair streak meme.

DFtgSlE.png

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Animal Crossing. I know I have Freeza and Tim and I think Aizo, but I can't remember who else I have on my friends.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Hello ComicERA!
I´m having a problem with Comixology. I can´t find the Transformers comics on it any more. I still have the ones I bought but can´t new ones. Did they took it off the site?
I looked just now and I'm seeing all of them up there. I'm in the US, too.
Identity Crisis is terrible. I hate rape being used as a plot device in stories that aren't interested in actually dealing with that subject matter in a way that has some purpose and specificity to it. When rape is used in stories where something else could have been substituted in without changing the story, because all that matters is that something bad happened, they lose me immediately.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Over the past year I sold my absolute edition collection with the idea of moving into DC omnibuses (I held off before this because I kept reading about quality issues), already have a decent amount of Marvel ones. Well considering the pandemic I figured now would be a good time and get some reading done at the same time. What I ordered so far:

Green Lantern by Johns volumes 1-3
Batman by Morrison volumes 1-2
Gotham Central
Aquaman by Johns
Planetary

Now I got my eyes on Batman by Snyder, Batman Eternal and Batman & Robin by Tomasi but I kinda want to wait for volume 3 of Morrison's run and get all those together.

What are some other good omnibuses to get? Grayson seems interesting to me but I know to little of that run. In terms of what I really love. Morrison's run of Batman and Robin is one of my favorites as is Johns' run on Green Lantern. I'm kinda interested in getting the Teen Titans by Johns but I read that the binding is really tight.

Any suggestions are welcome!

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here's bluexy's Nintendo Switch Friend Code for everyone, Animal Crossing players or otherwise!

SW-1502-2463-5529

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Over the past year I sold my absolute edition collection with the idea of moving into DC omnibuses (I held off before this because I kept reading about quality issues), already have a decent amount of Marvel ones. Well considering the pandemic I figured now would be a good time and get some reading done at the same time. What I ordered so far:

Gotham Central
Aquaman by Johns
Planetary

Now I got my eyes on Batman by Snyder, Batman Eternal and Batman & Robin by Tomasi but I kinda want to wait for volume 3 of Morrison's run and get all those together.

What are some other good omnibuses to get? Grayson seems interesting to me but I know to little of that run. In terms of what I really love. Morrison's run of Batman and Robin is one of my favorites as is Johns' run on Green Lantern. I'm kinda interested in getting the Teen Titans by Johns but I read that the binding is really tight.

Nooooooooo, not the Absolutes.

Doom Patrol (Morrison)
Fourth World (Kirby)
Orion (Simonson)
Animal Man (Morrison)
Seven Soldiers of Victory (Morrison)
DC 1,000,000

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020

My dreams are coming true!

All it took was a Worldwide pandemic!

None of this does anything for me because studios are putting these things up to rent for four times what it would cost me to buy a matinee ticket in a theater. I know tickets are more expensive in other places, so the value proposition changes, but I usually buy movies digitally for cheaper than these rentals cost.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
None of this does anything for me because studios are putting these things up to rent for four times what it would cost me to buy a matinee ticket in a theater. I know tickets are more expensive in other places, so the value proposition changes, but I usually buy movies digitally for cheaper than these rentals cost.

You could get 15-20 friends together and watch it in one small room!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
He might let those feelings out on social media or in his newsletter, or in those Authority type books, but when he writes a mainstream Marvel or DC book, I don't think they come off like they were written by someone who thinks any of this stuff is dumb or beneath him.

I don't think he's like Garth Ennis, whose disdain comes through in every page of the comics themselves.
I'll say that his hatred and cynicism does sneak in when Warren Ellis writing but he's more willing compared to Garth to write to set aside for it to make a cool action albeit cynical comic

Garth will not stop to remind you he hates superheroes

I like both creators Ellis Ellis more than Ennis btw

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Gotham Central
Aquaman by Johns
Planetary

I recently acquired Gail Simone's Wonder Woman which recently came out
Actualy, I am in Brazil. Its weird because the others IDW comics series appear on the site, just the Transformers aren´t there.
I'm using the app on my samsung tablet. I just punched in 'Transformers' and went under 'series'

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all don't get half of my messages about Pun Pun. Rave gets flooded with them.
APoI9CF.png

Gotham Central
Aquaman by Johns
Planetary

Doom Patrol by Morrison is a must if you like his other stuff

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Heads up to anyone still waiting: Picked up Animal Crossing for $53 after tax in store which is the best deal I've seen for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.