• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That was posted almost an hour after the initial tweet. The dude wasn't thinking.

EDIT: He deleted the inital tweet.
In his own words the wording on that tweet was poor. He was calling out the irony of people who use the word Snowflake as an insult being outraged over a character named Snowflake, but he didn't specify that clearly enough.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In his own words the wording on that tweet was poor. He was calling out the irony of people who use the word Snowflake as an insult being outraged over a character named Snowflake, but he didn't specify that clearly enough.
I doubt that was the main intent. Instead of just calling out certain people out he called out everyone who hated the name. It wasn't until after that he got tweets explaining why it was bad that he was forced to do a bit of self reflection. While I can't say for sure that this was the case, the other tweets he made being abrasive against those that disagreed with his initial tweet doesn't help the "he worded it poorly" theory. It just seems he was being defensive about the criticism a fellow writer got and didn't bother to see the entire picture of the backlash.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
It wasn't a issue of wording, it was an issue of seemingly being oblivious to the fact that anyone other CGers were upset. It reads like he wasn't aware of what the conversation around this actually was, and needed to do more listening and less talking.

Cates is an ally, and allies are going to make mistakes. Personally, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and trust that he learned something today, and I'm not going to dwell on it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Cates saying dumb shit and then deleting it hours later

Goes together like bread and butter

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
His "apology" is bullshit too, he was arguing with people in the comments of the initial tweet, so he knew exactly what he said

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Cates is going to keep saying dumb shit a few times a year as long as he's in the industry and we're still paying attention to him. He'll get better, but Cates gonna Cates.

But I also feel like that that guy would break a chair over someone's head for the cause.

Allies are complicated.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Cates is going to keep saying dumb shit a few times a year as long as he's in the industry and we're still paying attention to him. He'll get better, but Cates gonna Cates.

But I also feel like that that guy would break a chair over someone's head for the cause.

Allies are complicated.
To be fair, I would break a chair over anyones head for any reason. I watch too much wrestling.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Tasky getting roughed up on his own covers

ETf607aXYAA7dyO

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Donny Cates posted that message that read like he thought Didio had died.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

Seriously, editorial are just a pain in the ass.

Doesn't help Kibble likely gets a pass because he a funny man

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Robin was a great book with a lot of nice surprises in there.

Seeing Grayson and the Super Sons getting some time to shine was great. I do wish we could have gotten stories for Morrison Batman & Robin and Carrie Robin though.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now I can kinda get White Fox cause if push doesn't come to shove she keeps it fairly street level.

Same with okoye.

But hyperion?

Gotta imagine it won't be a straight fight. For one thing Hyperion and the rest of the SS are mind controlled by Phil Coulson right now who is Taskys real target. I imagine it'll be something like Tasky trying to get around them to take down Phil or something. Covers always lie.

The writer has also expressed on Twitter that hes really bringing his A game here and traditionally on the rare occasions he does that he can punch way above his weight class.

Last time Taskmaster got legitimately pissed off he beat Peter and Miles within an inch of their lives. Before that he kicked the shit out of Venom.

Hyperion is still way above his max limits but a properly motivated Taskmaster is honestly terrifying. People forget he hates his job and feels guilty for being a mercenary and so he's usually jobbing on purpose.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll defer to NB readers but I'd like to at least see how Snowflake and Safe Space shake out. I don't know a thing about Kibblesmith as a writer or a person but I want to believe the best in everyone until given a reason otherwise.

Actual queer creators not being allowed to create queer characters is peak Marvel, though.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has Kibblesmith done anything else? This is the first I've ever heard of the guy.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'll defer to NB readers but I'd like to at least see how Snowflake and Safe Space shake out. I don't know a thing about Kibblesmith as a writer or a person but I want to believe the best in everyone until given a reason otherwise.

Actual queer creators not being allowed to create queer characters is peak Marvel, though.
Kibblesmith wrote a well received children's book about a gay black Santa and his husband because he wanted a story different families can enjoy. I really doubt he has ill intentions.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

You know what. I appreciate this level of bullshit after what 2020 has become. More Diana led events please

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kibblesmith wrote a well received children's book about a gay black Santa and his husband because he wanted a story different families can enjoy. I really doubt he has ill intentions.

I see.

Well, if there are NB readers uncomfortable with an NB character named Snowflake then they deserve to be heard, and Kibblesmith and Marvel editorial should listen to them.

Forgot Kibblesmith did the whole Ruth "Formerly Rufus" thing which ummmm

Oof. What was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.