• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
DC's cover game is so much stronger than Marvel's.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
WEBOFSM2020001-cov.jpg

STTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
ok but that gurihiru cover looks sick

MTU4NDYzNDY1Mw==

WHY IS THIS MAN NAKED AND CAVORTING WITH BEASTS?
don't you remember X-Men #2?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Inio Asano's Downfall is about a depressed mangaka who hates manga. You know being a mangaka is shit when there's multiple mangas about how hard it is to be a mangaka.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I like how Inio Asano's Downfall is about a depressed mangaka who hates manga. You know being a mangaka is shit when there's multiple mangas about how hard it is to be a mangaka.
I liked this one, but I found it to be a bit too pessimistic/cynical. At least Punpun balances things out with some positive moments and the length helps keep it more interesting overall. This was probably my least favorite work by Asano that's been localized in English overall. Though I should reread What a Wonderful World to see how I feel about that one again, but I remember enjoying it more overall than this.

Still, had its moments that were really good.

cormags

Mar 1, 2020
Hi ^_^

Getting back into comics while trying to ignore all the comicsgaters that swarm discussion on every form of social media is tough

So far I'm sticking to Excalibur and picking up X-Factor next month. I was excited for the new America miniseries until this thread pointed out the artist lol

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Hi ^_^

Getting back into comics while trying to ignore all the comicsgaters that swarm discussion on every form of social media is tough

So far I'm sticking to Excalibur and picking up X-Factor next month. I was excited for the new America miniseries until this thread pointed out the artist lol
This place is the only online place where I talk about comics, friend chat groups aside

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this one, but I found it to be a bit too pessimistic/cynical. At least Punpun balances things out with some positive moments and the length helps keep it more interesting overall. This was probably my least favorite work by Asano that's been localized in English overall. Though I should reread What a Wonderful World to see how I feel about that one again, but I remember enjoying it more overall than this.

Still, had its moments that were really good.
So far I'm enjoying it way more than A Wonderful World but I feel like it's not fair to compare his later work with some of his first. His talent as a storyteller and illustrator has grown sooo much between then and now. It's almost like it's not the same person.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi ^_^

fuck comicsgate
you're welcome here

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hi ^_^

cheers! welcome and hope you'll hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.