• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Also, it's hilarious that Roxxon gets no repercussions while the teens get punished. Talk about priorities.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
New Warriors looks like dogshit damn
okay there's another thing I can't stand about the New New Warriors and it's just how fucking wack these costumes are; how the fuck does ANYONE in 2020 think "you know what's cool? going out in the wild dressed as a goddamn Stabilo highlighter", this is just terrible fashion, plain and simple

you know what a cool, fashionable superteam looks like in 2020? it's probably a lot closer to the jon-davis hunt designs from the wild storm

NEePGss.png
Villalobos WILDCATS could've come close
YsFaEJz.png

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that entirely up to the creators with Image? Like, I think all of those kinds of calls, and even calls about how the singles are handled, all come down to what the creators want to do, with the more expensive options taking more money out of their own pockets ultimately.
oh no, that's almost certainly the case. my bad if it came across like i was saying the bigwigs at Image are to blame. i'm more confused why it wouldn't be a profitable endeavor for creators. the up-front costs for a limited run must be massive, because otherwise i can't imagine any creator passing on it. i'd love to see the numbers behind some of the books' sales to see where the bottom line is. because we only see hardcovers from the very very top books at image -- and sometimes not even then!

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Are you really shocked? Marvel's America let Osborn rule the world.
They didn't vote him in, he took over SHIELD, didn't he? Someone gave him that. Like Hydra Cap. A bunch of highly elected officials were like "he seems like the man for the job." He wasn't President Norman Osborn. This isn't DC's USA voting in Lex Luthor to the White House, where not only the public, but also the politicians thought "oh sure this seems like a good idea." Either because money or just because.

You know what would be worse? Voting in Vandal Savage.

Someone write that story arc. Hook me.
Only cause I couldn't glean a definitive answer, why don't you want to read King's Batman, BKatastrophe?
Solo Batman doesn't grab me. I'm not into Bruce, so it just never popped at me and I wasn't on the King train until I read Omega Men and that wasn't until after his run had been well into it (I read it as a fully collected book after it was sitting in my backlog for a minute). Tynion's Batman has grabbed me because 1) It's Tynion, and 2) the concept he's doing for his run pulls me a lot more. The heavily mixed reception didn't help to much, not because of opinions of quality (those I usually decide on myself), but because I had a hard time picking up what kind or style of book it was. I realize I could just ask, but I felt I would get 6 different answers. That said, again, I really never had interest to begin with, so the motivation to even ask a question would have to exist to begin with and it didn't. I didn't really care, essentially.
The pipes scared him off.
Like World 7 of SMB3

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that. Given the fact that it feels like a new suicide thread pops up on the EtcetEra every couple of days, it should be up there 24/7. That's not a joke either, it really feels like that and it really should be.
There do seem to be a lot of threads like that lately. I mean, they pop up from time to time but there's been a rash of them recently.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Those make me uncomfortable because I don't know what to say if I don't know the person. And as someone with severe depression issues myself, I know how hard it can be for what anyone says to even mean anything if you're in a depressive state.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A hell of a canon splash page. Who'd have ever thought. From X-Force #9.

90562354_2647708728837914_2170703722965893120_o.jpg

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Those make me uncomfortable because I don't know what to say if I don't know the person. And as someone with severe depression issues myself, I know how hard it can be for what anyone says to even mean anything if you're in a depressive state.
Yup. I don't have severe depression, but I feel like that's just a life thing in general. I mean, this is a forum. There's no real tangible connection here. Yes there are community threads here and some people have built tighter relationships, and I do consider this human interaction that keeps me from feeling totally isolated, but this isn't on the same level as talking to my friends, coworkers, mom, dad, sister, etc. Like those are people who I see and interact with on a fairly regular basis and that's a real tangible connection. A forum just isn't going to help that much with my depression. Maybe, because it's nice to have conversations with someone, but like, at the end of the day, it's not something that's right there, you know? And certainly not someone who really knows me for me, and that's what matters in these types of situations.

There are exceptions, and maybe for some of these cases it has, but I dunno. I can't imagine it really would for me. Maybe it's just therapeutic enough to tell someone they're having the thoughts in the first place.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
A hell of a canon splash page. Who'd have ever thought. From X-Force #9.

90562354_2647708728837914_2170703722965893120_o.jpg

Percy said that there's a lot of Easter eggs here pointing at future things across the line iirc.

Guido and Selene confirmed for the next iconic X-couple.

Also fuck that Madrox costume, he needs to be wearing the trench coat.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not my point, my dude.

I'm just not a fan anymore of stories that only matter for as long as they last. Like, my favourite superhero comic of all time is probably Impulse, that ran for 89 issues and changed hands and writers and mostly lived in its own corner doing its own thing while being a part of the DCU.

Maybe it's because I read it long after it was completed but the main reason I kept going was because it was just a damn good comic and I wanted to know what happened to Bart and his friends next. It ended, and then Geoff Johns ruined Bart basically until Bendis showed up for his Young Justice series, but there was never any point where it stopped mattering to me. There was no point where a writer showed up, Thanos-snapped the entire preceding work, and then said "okay this is Impulse and this is his status quo and it's what matters until I say so."
I see what you mean and understand your view.
As someone that's been reading comics for ~30 years I just don't worry too much about what "counts" or is canon. I'd rather see a good story. If you ask me about Animal Man I think of Morrison's run on it not any of the newer stuff. I'm sure the Morrison stuff isn't in continuity now but I found it much better than the newer stuff. If you ask me about JLI characters I think back to Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire's run and don't really pay much mind to Generation Lost or whatever it was. Even with more mainstream characters like Batman I would rather see a good run even if it'll be wiped away eventually. Grayson becomes Batman for a while and there are some great arcs. Sign me up even if I know that eventually it'll be Bruce under the cowl. A massive earthquake ruins Gotham - I'm down for that even though I know that Gotham won't remain a complete wasteland forever. Tell me a good story and I'll remember it for decades to come. I guess for me there are two reasons for that preference:
1) My own head canon matters more to me than what a publisher deems "official canon".
2) With characters that are 60-80 years old we can find so many stories of any type. If a writer is able to do something interesting and new I say go for it even if ultimately the character will revert back to a status quo.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I'm having a good time with Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy run. So happy to see Blackjack O'Hare return but who's this Prince guy?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at Boom's solicits for June and saw the below trade listed. Did anyone hear read this as it was coming out in single issues? It sounds really good.

STRANGE SKIES OVER EAST BERLIN SC
*****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR AUGUST 2020*****
Publisher : BOOM! Studios
Retail Price : $14.99
Writer: Jeff Loveness
Artist: Lisandro Estherren
Cover Artist: Evan Cagle
Synopsis:
- When a mysterious alien probe lands outside East Berlin and into Soviet control, the Americans send their top spy in to investigate. Herring has spent the entire Cold War infiltrating the inner circles of East German intelligence for a cause he barely believes in anymore. But as he gets ever closer to the truth, he may find that the power he seeks is too dangerous for anyone to control or contain.
- Writer Jeff Loveness ( Judas ) and artist Lisandro Estherren ( Redneck ) present a chilling and intense thriller about a terrifying inhuman threat at the heart of the Cold War - and the one American spy who can save the world...if he can save himself first. Collects the complete 4-issue series.

The interiors are gorgeous

5218cc174b1897991598f72128caf3cd._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

15c70e8a27a9ced6c68c508d6a2845c8._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So that Robin issue that came out yesterday made it so Stephanie Brown was never Batgirl. Why? Whats the point of that lol? I have issues from before the New 52 that prove she was Batgirl lol!

www.bleedingcool.com

Official: Stephanie Brown Was Robin - But Never Batgirl

The Anniversary titles that DC Comics has been publishing of late have, since Wonder Woman #750, been laying out the new DC Comics Timeline. Even as it is

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
So that Robin issue that came out yesterday made it so Stephanie Brown was never Batgirl. Why? Whats the point of that lol? I have issues from before the New 52 that prove she was Batgirl lol!

www.bleedingcool.com

The Anniversary titles that DC Comics has been publishing of late have, since Wonder Woman #750, been laying out the new DC Comics Timeline. Even as it is

But.... What if she wasn't.

Because now she isn't.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
The Dixon/McDanIel Nightwing story in the Robin issue made me feel all fuzzy.

The Jason Todd story was the sweetest thing

Last edited:

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

www.bleedingcool.com

You're operating under the assumption everything in that special was canon. Which outside of maybe the Grayson and Damian stories directly dealing with their respective storylines none of them really are. They're just throwbacks to classic creative teams.

Plus she already "wasn't Batgirl". New 52 already nixed that.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
You're operating under the assumption everything in that special was canon. Which outside of maybe the Grayson and Damian stories directly dealing with their respective storylines none of them really are. They're just throwbacks to classic creative teams.

Plus she already "wasn't Batgirl". New 52 already nixed that.
I was going to say this.

Though that's a bummer, because assuming they stick to that then that means a Batgirl 80th wouldn't have Helena, Cass, or Steph stories.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Man....fuck Overwatch

I'm so tired. I can't believe Echo is dps

Status
Not open for further replies.