• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Got some clarification from Dustin Nguyen regarding his work on American Comix and Ascender. Heres what he said:
wrapped up American comix months ago but will be released soon, Ascender doesn't end until another year or more

So it sounds like he worked on American Comix before starting Ascender. Sounds like its just a OGN or a mini.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I really get the feeling the Safespace thing will be undone quick considering how the reaction is. I get what thedeal was but Safespace was the big ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
People need to just wait for the book to come out. Yes on its face it looks like a bad idea. But after watching the video with the creator talking about it, it sounds like its being done with love and with a lot of thought.

I dont expect these heroes to last longer than this mini anyway.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone who is NB though says this isn't a good idea and the wait and see approach has burned them too many times.

I do expect a swerve.

Outlawed: Yep, this is gonna be a wild ass ride but I already hate how people are being and both sides are being stupid.

CRADLE knocking on Riri's and Lunella's place are already oof but Ewing knows this shit

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The Amazing Mary Jane continues to justify its existence.

Poor Peter. Managing to be early to a date for once and it still falls apart. And it wasn't even his fault this time around.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jessica Drew's new costume is pretty meh, but I'm at least interested in seeing what the story reasons are.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
No, No, No More Watchmen lol.
qsarUpO.jpg

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
LOL, not even his family has faith in Johnny's new girlfriend. But she did well for herself on her first mission on earth.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
GOTG #3 was great, finally some great moondragon content. The scene with Drax was so good

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
GOTG is basically Ewing showing Drax-Gamora are also Guardians too. And of course, the next hook is Ewing ass YOU THINK I WASN'T GONNA BRING HIM BACK, YOU THOUGHT

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
The Robin 80th Anniversary special was damn good. Was awesome to read some of the classic teams again. Also I want more Nguyen doing Jason Todd art. Really looking forward to the Catwoman one, hell maybe even the Joker one.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Marvel: Viv Vision is lesbian and we finally confirmed it
ONE MONTH LATER: Viv Vision is deadish

May 24, 2019
Fun little interview with Morrison about GL

www.cbr.com

Grant Morrison on Bringing Green Lantern Down to Earth for Season 2

Grant Morrison discusses the thrills of writing Hal Jordan, teases what's coming next and how his DC work is a love letter to the Silver Age.

"issue four is a story with the Flash, and it's a big, gonzo psychedelic, Yellow Submarine-type thing"

I've never read a comic on LSD before, but there's a first time for everything.

edit: Holy crap, Liam's style shift in those pages. The rest of Season 2's gonna be bananas.
TqF8oCt.jpg
9oFJWJ7.jpg

Last edited:

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"issue four is a story with the Flash, and it's a big, gonzo psychedelic, Yellow Submarine-type thing"

I've never read a comic on LSD before, but there's a first time for everything.

edit: Holy crap, Liam's style shift in those pages. Season 2's gonna be bananas.

Liam colored those unlettered pages himself, it's bonkers.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Lucifer remains DC's best ongoing. The Hunted God is just so endearing, and the reminder of what Lucifer is really capable of is *chef's kiss*

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I know that I should try playing Control or something, but ive been like hypnotized by this stupid virus. I havent even tried the FFVII demo lol. Its my Spring Break, and all I end up doing is watching twitter and the news. I dont know how im supposed to focus on my school work when it does start back up.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am cancelling all my game and comic pre-orders and some subscriptions including disney+ and my patreons. I can't really afford to do it with half our household income at risk of being axed if isolation continues. I have a lot of comics to read but man, this is weird.

I will continue to contribute to the humane society though.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Who even are some of those guest starring characters? I recognize Star and thats about it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I am cancelling all my game and comic pre-orders and some subscriptions including disney+ and my patreons. I can't really afford to do it with half our household income at risk of being axed if isolation continues. I have a lot of comics to read but man, this is weird.

I will continue to contribute to the humane society though.
fuck. wishing you the best, man.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
For weeks I had been looking forward to this week since some stuff I wanted was coming out. Without knowing what the future holds, I'd be a moron to buy anything right now.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I know more than a few NB people who absolutely hate the names. No one is happy with them.
Im not non binary, so obviously my opinion doesnt mean much in this regard. Id understand completely if it felt like the guy was doing it as a joke, or without any thought at all. No matter what they do though they are never going to satisfy everyone.

Im going to wait and see how the characters turn out before I just write them off completely.

EDIT: I am not saying you are wrong by any means btw. I just hope that when the book comes out itll alleviate some of the anger.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
For weeks I had been looking forward to this week since some stuff I wanted was coming out. Without knowing what the future holds, I'd be a moron to buy anything right now.
Yea all I got was Outlawed. Im lucky I guess since I work at a grocery store, so my job is pretty safe. But most of my friends here have all lost their jobs and are hurting already. Its scaring people more than the virus ever could, which is not good.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yea all I got was Outlawed. Im lucky I guess since I work at a grocery store, so my job is pretty safe. But most of my friends here have all lost their jobs and are hurting already. Its scaring people more than the virus ever could, which is not good.
I work at a grocery store as well but still live at home with my mom, dad and sister, all who work at a restaurant. They'll see a big hit to their tips soon and it's almost guarantee that they'll have to close soon.

I've started quarantining myself in my room as soon as I get back from work just in case since I have to be around a lot of people right now. It's an incredibly scary time right now.

God what I would've give to be in the reality where I had bought my Black Widow tickets and had ordered King Thor yesterday.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, fuck people who cant wait for the book to even come out before giving their final judgement.
No. I'm NB and those names are terrible. They could have pick any other names and they chose ones that are used by bigoted assholes to make fun of social progress. Just so they can piss off that crowd instead of letting the characters be characters without having it revolve around making a statement.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I work at a grocery store as well but still live at home with my mom, dad and sister, all who work at a restaurant. They'll see a big hit to their tips soon and it's almost guarantee that they'll have to close soon.

I've started quarantining myself in my room as soon as I get back from work just in case since I have to be around a lot of people right now. It's an incredibly scary time right now.

God what I would've give to be in the reality where I had bought my Black Widow tickets and had ordered King Thor yesterday.
Yea ive been taking a lot of extra precautions at work and before I get home. All management seems to care about is getting more from their employees rather than keeping them safe. Ive heard people being threatened that they will be fired if they call off for any reason, other than a positive test for the virus. Its ridiculous.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Comicsgate and certain others are pissed about the New Warriors book lol.
Shocking.
All of y'all getting hyped for it makes me want to, but I can't commit to the daily log-in and a second mortgage...
If it helps, you can earn Nook Miles and use those to pay as well.
You missed the worst thing this week.

848079.jpg
I assumed Donald was a shape-shifting reptilian, but this makes more sense.
why does mark cerny look like dana carvey doing a bit?
Because he IS Dana Carvey.

Masterdisguise.jpg

Mark Cerny was never a real person.
these are kind of lit

Good luck. So many people use bots to snag art prints that it's hard to get a lot of the good ones.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is my 100th post in this thread. How did it come to this.

So here have best fashion choices Scott to brighten your day:
twizricqyexspvjhvvuy.png

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Comicsgate and certain others are pissed about the New Warriors book lol.

yeah this is literally an announcement for no one, the chuds are gonna get pissed because that's what they do, and the people you're actually trying to reach out to with that particular push are gonna see the characters out of context and judge on what's there; if I was gonna do it, I would've sent a preview along just so people didn't have to judge it solely on my word

Status
Not open for further replies.