• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So J. Michael Straczynski amazing spiderman omnibus vol 2 got delayed,supposed to come out tomorrow?
yeah something serious happened either with printing or due to the coronavirus, but pretty much all of marvel's upcoming omnibi have been delayed two weeks, for whatever reason. that includes asm by straczynsky vol. 2, wolverine, black widow, astonishing x-men. it's not just marvel, either. dark horse delayed vol. 2 of the baltimore omnibi.

kinda winging it now on when everything should be coming out, but if you take about a week off the date on Amazon, it should hopefully be correct.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Miles' second omnibus is good but man, what a hasty, half-assed ending. Bye Bendis, thanks for the phone-in. The first book is one of my favs but this is just a-good-to-have if you like Miles.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
yeah something serious happened either with printing or due to the coronavirus, but pretty much all of marvel's upcoming omnibi have been delayed two weeks, for whatever reason. that includes asm by straczynsky vol. 2, wolverine, black widow, astonishing x-men. it's not just marvel, either. dark horse delayed vol. 2 of the baltimore omnibi.

kinda winging it now on when everything should be coming out, but if you take about a week off the date on Amazon, it should hopefully be correct.
Ok thanks

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Miles' second omnibus is good but man, what a hasty, half-assed ending. Bye Bendis, thanks for the phone-in. The first book is one of my favs but this is just a-good-to-have if you like Miles.

was that right as bendis was leaving? i have that too but i dont think i'll read it until the first one is reprinted later this year.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I read a Shonen Jump today. We aren't gonna talk about that.

I took my 4th attempt in 4 days to get 3 wins in Overwatch. I hate this fuckin community, I just want my Symm skin so I never have to play with these assholes again.

I started Ori and the blind forest again. I only played it for an hour when it released. That game gets way better when you get the double jump. The music is incredible.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, no. You're all done with Punpun?

How dare you edit my post.

Look. I read some Pun Pun today. It was really rough. My nightmare scenario played out in front of me only for it not to finish. My heart was breaking and I hate all of you. I didn't finish the volume. I stopped in vol 6 on the beach. You know what I'm talking about. I'm not sure I can finish this.

I don't understand what happened in the diner. At all.

Pun is a complete piece of shit. I don't know if I should root for Seki and Sachi deserves so much better than all of this.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So like I'd get Animal Crossing because the trailer looked pleasant like every installment, but I've also played the OG Animal Crossing, so like..

Why give more blood bells to Tom Nook's empire small friendly store?

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So like I'd get Animal Crossing because the trailer looked pleasant like every installment, but I've also played the OG Animal Crossing, so like..

Why give more blood bells to Tom Nook's empire small friendly store?
Because a nice chill and cute game is what we need right now. Or you can get DOOM Eternal if you're in the mood to rip apart demons while metal music plays.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So who's getting Animal Crossing again?

Aizō
phanphare
bluexy
Porl
Astro Cat
tumblr_ojot8n9vpu1vviqkjo1_500.gifv

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Because a nice chill and cute game is what we need right now. Or you can get DOOM Eternal if you're in the mood to rip apart demons while metal music plays.
But what if I'm playing the King Knight DLC of Shovel Knight right now, and then probably playing Darksiders Genesis when it gets here? Because I ordered the special edition so I could get that sick Strife statue so it got the shit delayed out of it? Or I can finally play Devil May Cry 5, because I've been holding on to that for so fucking long. Or I can play Mega Man Zero/ZX collection. Or I can play Mega Man 11, because I got it for Christmas a year ago, but never played it. Or I can play DMC3:SE Switch Edition because Free Style Switching is dope and I need that in my life. Or...

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
But what if I'm playing the King Knight DLC of Shovel Knight right now, and then probably playing Darksiders Genesis when it gets here? Because I ordered the special edition so I could get that sick Strife statue so it got the shit delayed out of it? Or I can finally play Devil May Cry 5, because I've been holding on to that for so fucking long. Or I can play Mega Man Zero/ZX collection. Or I can play Mega Man 11, because I got it for Christmas a year ago, but never played it. Or I can play DMC3:SE Switch Edition because Free Style Switching is dope and I need that in my life. Or...
A great thing about Animal Crossing is that it's more of a side game than a primary game.

Once you get into the later-game stuff where you can actually customize the entire island, I'm sure you can spend way more time in an individual session, but for a long time, there's only so much you can actually accomplish in one day in Animal Crossing.

So it's the kind of thing you play for a very brief period every single day, rather than a few hours a day a few times a week. You can still start and finish several other games during the time you spend with Animal Crossing.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's quite the backlog you got there.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
A great thing about Animal Crossing is that it's more of a side game than a primary game.

Once you get into the later-game stuff where you can actually customize the entire island, I'm sure you can spend way more time in an individual session, but for a long time, there's only so much you can actually accomplish in one day in Animal Crossing.

So it's the kind of thing you play for a very brief period every single day, rather than a few hours a day a few times a week. You can still start and finish several other games during the time you spend with Animal Crossing.
But I need to manage multiple towns with my multiple memory cards and alter the internal clocks so I can complete my fish collections NOW because I'm not waiting 6 months

That's active
That's quite the backlog you got there.
Oh you think THAT's a backlog

That ain't even the surface. I went to a used game store and bought 4 games because I felt I had to.

I own those now

That was in January

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RCO018.jpg

Every time Captain America throws his shield at someone stronger than him and then gets knocked out because he can't block anymore since he has no shield, I die laughing. Fucking comics.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
For some reason Twitter links aren't loading for me so i dont' understand half of what's going on

But those New Warriors names are fucking horrible. Jesus. I'd love to get more NB rep but I don't think i like this

I think a lot of VNs need something to break up the monotony, because otherwise they just end up being "Press A: The Game". VA-11 HALL-A had the drink mixing, which turned out to be very fun. I don't think Murder by Numbers would have been as fun without the puzzles
I mean, that's kind of the point of visual novels, they're just stories they're not pretending to have much gameplay if at all. That's why some people instead of "playing" them, they say "I'm going to read that VN this weekend". The strengths of Va-11 Hall-A are in its world and characters and ambientation. Drink mixing helps you get in the mindset of Jill and immerse yourself, and sometimes it has some cool puzzles trying to figure out what drinks to serve, but I probably would have enjoyed the game without it too.

Anyways I can't wait for Summer's End

In between chapters, you don't like draw in the book to add diverse mechanics to the experience?
Hey! I actually read a book the other day that was trying to emulate Escape Rooms so at the end of each chapter there would be some kind of puzzle and you had to solve it to know where to continue, and sometimes you had to draw on it!

The story was super barebones and not very interesting, the puzzles were incredibly simple and the book wasn't designed very well, but that's not the point!

So who's getting Animal Crossing again?

Aizō
phanphare
bluexy
Porl
Astro Cat
I bought it the other day and the icon is just taunting me everyday, why can't i play it, it's right in front of me, this is torture.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking New Warriors feels like a parody of corporate wokeness from a not great comedian or sketch show that somehow get made to a comic

Sucks for NBs

Status
Not open for further replies.