• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I finally finished an actual book again.

I don't know why I occasionally fancy being a writer when I neither read or write enough.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Stop punching your wife all the time, yo.
oh, she doesn't use a punch. She uses the most devastating maneuver in combat sports. The Judas Effect!!!!

UnsteadyGleamingHind-size_restricted.gif

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
the video does a much better job talking about them, but I totally agree. I was just thinking the same actually before I read your post.

I'm sure there are going to be a ton of people shitting on these characters too. The forced diversity people especially.

I'm positive this is an attempt at re-appropriating those names to mean something positive. Perhaps they'll succeed. But "Safe Space" sounds like the kind of superhero name you get for a one-shot comic meant to briefly promote some product on a Wal-Mart shelf.

If nothing else, it seems like they'll have several of the original members in the book. When I did a Night Thrasher listicle I wound up reading a few issues of New Warriors later and I kinda dig 'em now, so that part's good.

May 24, 2019
Anyone else start working from home?
It's impossible not to get distracted every five minutes. My job actually requires eight+ hours of attention too :/

edit: I do realise that I'm fortunate to have work during this.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's impossible not to get distracted every five minutes. My job actually requires eight+ hours of attention too :/

I usually work from home 1 day a week. I told my job I needed 2 days a week until my home renovations were done, and they said OK.

Going from 2 to every day is... wild. I feel crazy and it's only Tuesday.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
They definitely should have moved Animal Crossing and Doom's release dates forward to the start of the week.
People keep saying things like this as if they hadn't considered that you can engage with media at any other time than right when it comes out. Don't people ever watch older movies or play older games they've never played before? I don't get how it's possible to ever be bored or lacking things to do in 2020.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

I'm on that life now, it's great

I'm gonna start playing my switch and maybe even reading if it continues

May 24, 2019
People keep saying things like this as if they hadn't considered that you can engage with media at any other time than right when it comes out. Don't people ever watch older movies or play older games they've never played before? I don't get how it's possible to ever be bored or lacking things to do in 2020.

You know I'm into old shit!
Unless the govt cancels movie theaters (a very real possibility) I've got tickets to see Once Were Warriors with the director in attendance, Eraserhead and Phantom of the Paradise all in 35mm this week at my local rep theater. Woop!
But new shit is exciting and I'm at home all day, so gimme!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Because we live in a culture that pushes instant gratification. You gotta have the newest thing.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
They definitely should have moved Animal Crossing and Doom's release dates forward to the start of the week.

Would have been nice. I don't think I'm going to risk GameStop for Animal Crossing tbh. Pretty happy that I decided to grab Diablo instead at the last second.

She was Kairi Hojo when I saw her in Osaka. Didn't know she changed her name.

Standard practice in WWE, so they can trademark your name. So if you leave, you can't use the name that gets you mainstream recognition.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Facts.

But also the ability to go out being taken away from you -- which in this case it's more figurative since the ability isn't gone as it is more just that the places one would go to are closed so there are no places to go to -- can drive you up a wall even if you have plenty to do. Like, I have epilepsy. State that I live in, if I have a seizure, I lose my license for 90 days assuming I have no other seizures. The ability to NOT drive when I have the ability to drive and a car drives me insane. Especially when I had access to a car and driving for so long, and now I've been on lock for awhile. It especially hurts because I live in like a weird very spread out suburb. Almost rural, but far too populated to be. It's not condensed enough for anything to really be super convenient.

I'm mostly an indoor kid anyways, but still I like to go out sometimes and this virus panic helps nothing

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
AEW lets people keep wrestling for other promotions while working for AEW too. Shida flies back to Japan to do Makai shows all the time. I don't know for sure, but I just assume WWE doesn't let people do that.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
AEW lets people keep wrestling for other promotions while working for AEW too. Shida flies back to Japan to do Makai shows all the time. I don't know for sure, but I just assume WWE doesn't let people do that.
They don't.

WWE pretends they're the only wrestling company there is

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
WWE wrestlers are independent contracters when it comes to health insurance, but not when it comes to working for other companies.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly an indoor kid anyways, but still I like to go out sometimes and this virus panic helps nothing

Ding. I've realised over the last week just how much I would walk in an average day. Like, I'd probably go into town at least twice a day, or three times if I'm going to eat. If I have an appointment at the hospital, that's like a mile and a half walk alone, and I'd do that at least once a week. Have actually started working out at home because I could feel myself going slack after not going out over the weekend.

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Facts.

But also the ability to go out being taken away from you -- which in this case it's more figurative since the ability isn't gone as it is more just that the places one would go to are closed so there are no places to go to -- can drive you up a wall even if you have plenty to do. Like, I have epilepsy. State that I live in, if I have a seizure, I lose my license for 90 days assuming I have no other seizures. The ability to NOT drive when I have the ability to drive and a car drives me insane. Especially when I had access to a car and driving for so long, and now I've been on lock for awhile. It especially hurts because I live in like a weird very spread out suburb. Almost rural, but far too populated to be. It's not condensed enough for anything to really be super convenient.

I've still been going out, just to park my car somewhere with a view and sit and read Shonen Jumps in the sunlight. I'm really susceptible to seasonal affective disorder if I stay cooped up all day.

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Sometimes it feels like CMX's web engineers either aren't that skilled or don't have the resources they need, so if they rock the boat by releasing things early, they'll probably end up with an office fire.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes it feels like CMX's web engineers either aren't that skilled or don't have the resources they need, so if they rock the boat by releasing things early, they'll probably end up with an office fire.

We used to have a man on the inside who leaked shit until he took a photo of his desk hiding his name plate but not his Co worker in the next booth.

He was so fulla shit.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Same. Being stuck in my house is fine for a while, but sometimes I need to go out and do something. I have my college painting projects to do so I'm probably going to be painting outside during this virus panic as some form of going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.