• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually leaving this community

You all turned on me.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Comics cost too much, read Shonen Jumps!
Much better value for your money to be sure. The page count is much higher and all you had to sacrifice was color. Not like colorists get credit anyway. This prove the industry would be fine without them! 😂
She bought Berserk. She has good taste.
I still cringe when I think of how many volumes of those Berserk hardcovers people are going to have to buy to catch up with
I wish Batman didn't have a cape
I wish Batman didn't have pants.
Enjoyed sunstone, but yeah I don't really enjoy stjepan sejic's other work
Have you tried Death Vigil? That one was quite good.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I hope this is a sign that other studios will follow suit. Theres not much out atm that I want to see, but this is such a good idea. I wonder how The Hunt is. Wasnt that the movie that was delayed over one of the most recent shootings?
I heard The Hunt is actually pretty solid. I'm a bit leery at that $20 rental price, but I guess it makes sense as you'd pay more than that in tickets seeing these movies with a few friends.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The Hunt has a really neat concept, but I just wasnt about to go to the theater to see it. So if I can rent it at home, fuck yea ill check it out. Now do Bloodshot Sony!

I see Idris Elba got got. He will be remembered. He would have been an awesome James Bond.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"The five-part 'Willow' will begin in June from Boom! Studios." ... "The series will be written by Mariko Tamaki (Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me, DC's upcoming Wonder Woman), with art by Natacha Bustos (Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur)." "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, featuring covers from Jen Bartel and Mirka Andolfo, will debut in June."

Damn, sounds like this will make a few people here happy.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ Favorite Willow Getting Own Comic

The five-part 'Willow' will begin in June.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
I don't know the specifics of the story, but I remember that Republicans were pretty pissy about it when the movie almost released originally.
Republicans were pissy about it without understanding any of what they were talking about. These are the same level of people that boycott French's mustard because France didn't support the Iraq war, or stopped buying Corona beer because of the coronavirus.

People have actually seen the movie now, and described it as a "takes shots at extremism on both sides" kind of movie, which really sucks. Because trying to equate both sides as being equally worthy of mockery is fucking disgusting, when the "extremists" on one side are like...advocating for universal healthcare, and the extremists on the other side are literal Nazis.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
People have actually seen the movie now, and described it as a "takes shots at extremism on both sides" kind of movie, which really sucks. Because trying to equate both sides as being equally worthy of mockery is fucking disgusting, when the "extremists" on one side are like...advocating for universal healthcare, and the extremists on the other side are literal Nazis.
That's a fair statement. I wasn't going to see it anyway.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans were pissy about it without understanding any of what they were talking about. These are the same level of people that boycott French's mustard because France didn't support the Iraq war, or stopped buying Corona beer because of the coronavirus.

Yeah sounds like what I assumed it'd be.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

remember freedom fries and freedom toast?

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My college is moving classes online. Not too happy about it because ceramics is screwed for the most part unless they figure out a plan of some kind. Meanwhile my entire town is freaking out and things like hamburger meat (I really don't understand this one) and eggs are going poof. We're also still in our toilet paper hoarding phase.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Sejic got me to read Aquaman. There's nothing he can't do in my book.
Art aside, it was a pretty fun arc too. Abnett was dealt a difficult hand following up John's run though, might be why I don't see his aquaman talked about much

Hoarding food that will spoil relatively quickly.... brilliant.
Most of the eggs and leafy vegetables we have come from our neighbor, so that's why people are targeting those

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
My work is a mess right now trying to figure out what to do since we can't really do much working from home, or it's basically worthless busywork. Excited to see what tomorrow brings since now Trump is saying we shouldn't even be in groups of 10+!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
My work is a mess right now trying to figure out what to do since we can't really do much working from home, or it's basically worthless busywork. Excited to see what tomorrow brings since now Trump is saying we shouldn't even be in groups of 10+!
Anyone listening to Trump is going to be confused as fuck. This motherfucker needs to be wearing clown shoes at all times.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone listening to Trump is going to be confused as fuck. This motherfucker needs to be wearing clown shoes at all times.
Something big must have changed. He actually sounded coherent today at the press conference. Never seen him act this way. Either he got some really bad poll numbers or some really good drugs. But today was something I have never seen form him.

Still a giant worthless piece of shit, but he actually seems to be taking things seriously today. Dont expect that to last long though lol.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i usually work from home two days a week, but now it's every day

day 1 went well, but i'm going to have to force myself to shower and be a real human tomorrow...

I wish he'd get a solid boot instead.

we're gonna have to rally around him

every time i see some white person on twitter complain they'll stay home if bernie doesn't get the nom... makes me furious. same idiots as last time.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
we're gonna have to rally around him

every time i see some white person on twitter complain they'll stay home if bernie doesn't get the nom... makes me furious. same idiots as last time.
I've already come to accept that he's getting the nom. I'd rather have Bernie, but I'm going to be realistic about this.
I'll vote blue. That doesn't mean I have to like the guy.
same idiots as last time.
This is a weird take, though. The idiots are those who voted for Trump or swing voters.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
My college is moving classes online. Not too happy about it because ceramics is screwed for the most part unless they figure out a plan of some kind. Meanwhile my entire town is freaking out and things like hamburger meat (I really don't understand this one) and eggs are going poof. We're also still in our toilet paper hoarding phase.

NM is a no limit state, but we (Target) finally got word the governer is suspending that, and we are now limiting to two per guest. A bit late in the game but hopefully it will help get the stuff to people that need it.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I do feel fortunate that my job is 99% safe, but I might get furloughed for a while. But I'm financially secure for at least probably 10 months if I'm smart.

Next gen is totally fucked though especially with a probable recession.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Trump will beat Biden in the general. Dems never win when they run uninspiring people who you can't say anything better about than "well, they're better than the Republican". That never works, but it's their playbook most of the time. The kind of candidates they run never get young people excited to vote, and we need young people to vote.

Establishment Democrats really suck, and Biden isn't even the best of them.

The status quo is fucking killing people, and the Dem platform is about a return to the status quo.

Republicans stand for regression, Democrats stand for stagnation. Nobody in the establishment stands for progress.

the idiots are everyone who didn't vote for Hilary - write ins, trumpers, true bernie or busters. all trash people complicit in what's been happening
But it's bigger than that. The Democratic Party themselves keep putting us in the position of having to pinch our noses and vote for pieces of shit. And every primary season, leftists are always told to keep quiet and not complain about it. Dems want to run the same playbook every time and expect things that won't change to change to accommodate that, instead of changing what they're doing from their end. It's not getting us anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.