• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
asuka and alexa bliss are the two wwe women's wrestlers i want aew to steal asap.
giphy.gif

Okay, but WWE has to take Britt Baker in return.
Not if you're on Xbox...

I am excited for it though. In June...
We may all be dead by then.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I end up getting into wrestling then it'll be this threads fault.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Disney doesn't delay Black Widow and it ends up bombing. Ike's revenge.

My only guess is that they're worried there won't be any good spots in the fall unless it takes Eternals spot. Summer is Diana's time and then they have to deal with the mighty SUMC.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Disney made 11 billion at the box office alone in 2019, and *checks notes* "infinite money" on merch, so I think they're going to be alright.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This season of Westworld is going to be soo good

Imagine if Disney doesn't delay Black Widow and it ends up bombing. Ike's revenge.

My only guess is that they're worried there won't be any good spots in the fall unless it takes Eternals spot. Summer is Diana's time and then they have to deal with the mighty SUMC.
Disney made 11 billion at the box office alone in 2019, and *checks notes* "infinite money" on merch, so I think they're going to be alright.

The problem is if it does release now and it does bomb, I hope they dont blame it on it being a female lead superhero film, rather than people not wanting to leave the house because of a virus.

Didnt they have to stop shooting on Eternals? If they did, they could just shift all their films one spot.

From what I was hearing that Dr. Fauci guy say on the news today, it sounds like Bars and Restaurants closing is just the first step and we might see a much more larger scale shut down of businesses open to the public. So that might force Disney's hand anyway.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
LA just shut down Movie Theaters lol

EDIT: Looks like NYC too. These places are probably just waiting for one to do it before they can go ahead and do it too.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
This season of Westworld is going to be soo good
I'm torn. Aesthetically, this is the most boring-ass futuristic city I've seen in my life. The plot itself seems fairly interesting so far, but I'm afraid it's going to lose me like season two.
The problem is if it does release now and it does bomb, I hope they dont blame it on it being a female lead superhero film, rather than people not wanting to leave the house because of a virus.
In the future, successful films will be judged by how many people they can lure into theaters in the middle of a pandemic.

From what I was hearing that Dr. Fauci guy say on the news today, it sounds like Bars and Restaurants closing is just the first step and we might see a much more larger scale shut down of businesses open to the public. So that might force Disney's hand anyway.
I'm not totally convinced that guy isn't a Trump stooge. For all we know he may be the new version of this guy:

5ae8f94f19ee864e1c8b472c

I mean, would you trust a guy with that many desktop icons and no wallpaper?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

Word is Late May or Early June. They might move Bob's Burgers.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
There was that one arc that was basically romeo and juliet that was quite bad.

Then I think Austin was the one who did that scene where Angel had sex with someone while flying, right above her parents.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was that one arc that was basically romeo and juliet that was quite bad.

Then I think Austin was the one who did that scene where Angel had sex with someone while flying, right above her parents.

There was also that time we found out Nightcrawler was literally the son of the devil.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Would it be good to buy the Donny Cates venom hard cover and silver surfer black treasury edition or wait for an omnibus?
if you wanted to get the Thanos OHC and the Silver Surfer Black Treasury Edition, that would be everything in the upcoming Cosmic Omnibus except for Death of the Inhumans (which isn't very good. if you don't want to wait, that's a great way to collect it.

venom is solid, too. a lot of folk here really love it.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
if you wanted to get the Thanos OHC and the Silver Surfer Black Treasury Edition, that would be everything in the upcoming Cosmic Omnibus except for Death of the Inhumans (which isn't very good. if you don't want to wait, that's a great way to collect it.

venom is solid, too. a lot of folk here really love it.
Ok cool I'll wait for the cosmic omnibus,and will buy the venom hardcover instead thanks.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I finished the Black Bolt OHC! It was solid.

I only have a few thoughts on the writing. The story was much thinner than I expected from an Eisner Winner. It read a whole lot like a transition book. Like someone had left the series and a writer was brought in to get Black Bolt from a to b, to reset various relationship, and add some flourish in-between. To that degree it was successful. It made all of the changes work. It just didn't do the flourishes the justice they deserved. Relationships weren't properly developed and the story ended up overwhelmed by the action.

Luckily, the art was gorgeous. Incredible color work, in particular. Best that Black Bolt's attacks have ever looked. And man, she was only in the run a couple times, but Medusa and her hair looked so fucking good. The only issue I had with the art was Ward kept making Black Bolt's face look like Quitely's Cassandra Nova.

I picked this up because I hadn't read it and knew it had an Eisner Award, but honestly now I don't think I'd get it again. Maybe the Inhumans will come back and I'll have a reason to collect them.

edit: backlog RNG has picked Rat Queens DLX Vol. 1 & 2. I've read Vol. 1 before! Should be fun.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I finished the Black Bolt OHC! It was solid.

I only have a few thoughts on the writing. The story was much thinner than I expected from an Eisner Winner. It read a whole lot like a transition book. Like someone had left the series and a writer was brought in to get Black Bolt from a to b, to reset various relationship, and add some flourish in-between. To that degree it was successful. It made all of the changes work. It just didn't do the flourishes the justice they deserved. Relationships weren't properly developed and the story ended up overwhelmed by the action.

Luckily, the art was gorgeous. Incredible color work, in particular. Best that Black Bolt's attacks have ever looked. And man, she was only in the run a couple times, but Medusa and her hair looked so fucking good. The only issue I had with the art was Ward kept making Black Bolt's face look like Quitely's Cassandra Nova.

I picked this up because I hadn't read it and knew it had an Eisner Award, but honestly now I don't think I'd get it again. Maybe the Inhumans will come back and I'll have a reason to collect them.

edit: backlog RNG has picked Rat Queens DLX Vol. 1 & 2. I've read Vol. 1 before! Should be fun.
It's funny that you mention that it felt like it was a transition book, since Royals was the team book Ewing was writing at the time that was supposed to be the Inhumans big cosmic status quo book. There's a Day of Judgement 1 shot that's not collected anywhere that connects the end of Royals and Black Bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.