• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
That game was garbage. The concept had potential, but it was literally just playing the same three mission types over and over in a shopping mall setting.
Yeah, I hated it. I worked at a video game store when it came out and everyone just assumed it would be amazing after Grand Theft Auto 3 so we sold a shitload of copies. It was pretty funny seeing them all come back in as used copies days later though.

Haven't read any comics today but I did watch the first episode of Beastars. It's a pretty decent shonen jump and I'll watch a few more at least.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I can't wait for Animal Crossing to come out. Then I will just play that until the pandemic is over.
Also this. The wait until Friday is cruel torture and I'm just happy its coming out and not getting delayed due to corona.
I watched the first few eps last night. It's a pretty perfect adaptation on the manga. The animation is lovely. I really like Haru's voice. It has a unique sound to it.
I wasn't the biggest fan of the animation. It reminds me a little too much of other cg anime but leagues better. I like her voice too. I think I've heard a ton of Persona voices and someone sounded like Bakugo.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna finish that book I've been reading then finally get back into reading comics.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Same. There's no point or structure to them except for living out the boyhood power fantasy of the world's most juvenile todger.
There was value in them when they were the only open-world game of their kind.

Then there was value to them just by having more money dumped into them than the competition.

But the writing has always been bad and the gameplay (controls, shooting mechanics, melee combat, etc.) has always been bad.

And open-world games became so ubiquitous after a while that GTA couldn't even claim the novelty value anymore.

Other open-world Rockstar games like Bully and the first Red Dead Redemption are a lot better than any of the GTA games.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But that's the fun?

I love the series but I do get why some never clicked with it all and gave up trying to convince people why they should play it.

I abhor the modern sandbox, so that's probably why. I need a world made by professional game designers that's been structured and tailored to achieve the best results; not getting dumped into a big city and told "go steal cars, or don't, whatever."

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The music curation, yes. 100%.

The "Baby's First Social Satire" original content, like ads and talk radio, nah.
Damn, Rockstar just got buried.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
And a lot of it was THOSE SILLY AMERICANS by Brits who would later get burned by the Tony Blair era.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm soon to be in one of those "all restaurants/bars/whatever" are closed states. How exciting!

As for comics, I'm reading/catching up on JLD. Or I'll just watch more Tales from the Crypt. In retrospect I haven't really done anything today.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I have only started watching a week ago, and usually only one episode an evening (except today, when we watched three). So we're only a few episodes into series 2 right now. But loving it.

Ah, still Mel and Sue then. Such a relaxing show. Have fun. Speaking from personal experience, don't fall into the trap of trying to recreate some of the recipes. It isn't great for your diet....

L0icVpI.gif

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Just been playing Ori 2 and watching Great British Baking Show. Can't get enough of that show.
i love great british baking show. i miss mel and sue and mary berry. T.T
Asuka goes Shonen Jumps shopping

yesss, the Berserk Deluxe Editions are LIFE. shame barnes and noble didnt have Akira though. fuckin' bonkers. i like how she picked up both gundam origins and what's michael, too. comicera favorites.

this lowkey book store asuka is amazing. she's typically so energetic.

asuka and alexa bliss are the two wwe women's wrestlers i want aew to steal asap.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I like so and so goes shopping for comics/manga type videos. Those Collider comic ones used to be really enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.