• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I read more Undiscovered Country last night to see if it improved any. It's just not that great. Really cool concept, but the actual book not so much.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing Mary Jane #6
Batman #91
Apex Lex vs. Lmao man #4
DCeased: Unkillables #2
Valkyrie: Jane Foster #9
X-Force #9

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Coronavirus is in El Paso (an hour away from me).
05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg

So, how are you all doing?

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017

NZ has essentially gone into lockdown with only 6 cases, so I think we're doing OK for now, I hope that the govt is using this time well to prepare because it's gonna hit us eventually.

I'm not scared of it although obviously I want to avoid contracting it and spreading it if at all possible.

If I end up having to cancel plans and stay home, well, that's all right with me

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

Ireland here. In an at-risk group, so worried enough, worried about my elderly Mam as well. All schools and colleges are closed here. Washing hands about what feels like 25 times a day, to the point I have started using hand moisturizer on top of my regular skincare routine.

I miss being able to go for a walk whenever, but I'm coping well enough. Hoping to do some daytime streaming (I've wanted to for awhile, and I feel less bad about it now that most of my friends are work-from-home), and other than that I'm reading, working on my LEGO backlog, and taking an online coding course in the evenings. Bought Diablo III on Switch to try and spend some time off the news cycle as well. Need to go for a shop in a day or two and planning it like a military exercise.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! I have an NZ friend!

And we're NOT okay, cause that Faith No More concert is gonna be cancelled!
Ah that sucks! I saw them at that Westfest a few years back! They played a fair bit of newer stuff I didn't know but it was still good. I wish more bands would do that thing where they play an album live from start to finish so you know what you're getting into.

I guess Chelsea Wolfe will cancel again :( I wonder what else will get cancelled that I'm forgetting

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just barely looked up Knull and this dude belongs on the cover of a death metal album.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
What is Deceased Unkillables? A sequel to the first Deceased?

More like a spin-off. There's two threads in it at the moment: Red Hood, Cass Cain and Jim Gordon in one, and Deathstroke, Ravager, Vandal Savage and a bunch of other villains in the other. I enjoyed the first issue, tho there's a pretty major continuity error if you have read the original series.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
More like a spin-off. There's two threads in it at the moment: Red Hood, Cass Cain and Jim Gordon in one, and Deathstroke, Ravager, Vandal Savage and a bunch of other villains in the other. I enjoyed the first issue, tho there's a pretty major continuity error if you have read the original series.

Don't think I was paying attention then. What was the continuity error?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One day we'll realize the average 90s comic wasn't any worse than the stuff we put out today.

The Dark Age of Comics lasted a hot minute but it's the one thing everyone still wants to harp on, like it wasn't just capitulating to the audience that should be reading comics in the first place.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I started reading Thor again after dropping off since the Jane change back and hearing it was awful. But it's not and actually quite enjoyable. I'm definitely not looking forward to WOTR because it should've happened maybe a year or 2 into Aaron's run but at least it has Daughtermann art. Another hot take: I'm enjoying Aaron's Avengers maybe more then Snyder's JL, which lost me with that garbage Aquaman story. At least it has Namor which is always amazing.

1.00 is still too much. I need those .25 comics for my tp.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
One day we'll realize the average 90s comic wasn't any worse than the stuff we put out today.

The Dark Age of Comics lasted a hot minute but it's the one thing everyone still wants to harp on, like it wasn't just capitulating to the audience that should be reading comics in the first place.
I can agree with this. A lot of the hate towards 90's comics are probably their rampant sexism and trying to one up each other with guns and gore. Not everyone was able to read Bone and Sandman back then. There was plenty of good to go with the bad and no Comicsgate so the 90's have that.

Oct 25, 2017
So I started reading Black Hammer, and as someone that hasn't really dug much of Lemire's stuff before (outside of the Black Label Question series he's doing right now), this absolutely whips.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I started reading Thor again after dropping off since the Jane change back and hearing it was awful. But it's not and actually quite enjoyable. I'm definitely not looking forward to WOTR because it should've happened maybe a year or 2 into Aaron's run but at least it has Daughtermann art. Another hot take: I'm enjoying Aaron's Avengers maybe more then Snyder's JL, which lost me with that garbage Aquaman story. At least it has Namor which is always amazing.

1.00 is still too much. I need those .25 comics for my tp.
Most people liked Jane Thor from what I've seen.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Oh no, I get that and it's deserved. I meant everything after Jane Thor.
I see the way some folks have turned on Aaron, and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I'm not saying I loved every single issue of his Thor epic, but I loved it all the way through in general, from God of Thunder, through Jane, War of the Realms, King Thor, and even Valkyrie. Jason Aaron is still great, other than his Avengers. But even that is great once in a while.

Edit: To clarify, I don't think anyone is wrong if they don't like his work anymore. I'm just surprised how many people who used to like the run eventually turned on it, when I didn't really see a decline myself.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I see the way some folks have turned on Aaron, and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I'm not saying I loved every single issue of his Thor epic, but I loved it all the way through in general, from God of Thunder, through Jane, War of the Realms, King Thor, and even Valkyrie. Jason Aaron is still great, other than his Avengers. But even that is great once in a while.
THANK YOU! I felt like I was the only one taking crazy pills. Everyone was super into Aaron when he started Thor and I honestly haven't felt differently since then. I'm even looking forward to Dario in Thor 4.

edit:after seeing aimless post: I think everyone is right for turning on it but it's just not for me.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Edit: To clarify, I don't think anyone is wrong if they don't like his work anymore. I'm just surprised how many people who used to like the run eventually turned on it, when I didn't really see a decline myself.
yar folk just being hyperbolic, it seems. aaron is fine. his Thor is largely brilliant, though I haven't much enjoyed anything from WotR on. but he's still solid at worst.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ive been eyeballing that first Hardcover every time I order from IST.

How long is the series? Is it still ongoing? I know there are spin offs?
yar, ongoing. and lots of spin-offs, with a lot more on the way. if you just bought the first book though, you'd get the best of it. those first 12 issues are brilliant. and while they don't "wrap things up" so to speak, if you decided to stop it'd be a provactive and solid ending.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
yar, ongoing. and lots of spin-offs, with a lot more on the way. if you just bought the first book though, you'd get the best of it. those first 12 issues are brilliant. and while they don't "wrap things up" so to speak, if you decided to stop it'd be a provactive and solid ending.

Ah thanks. I'll consider it.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

I just don't like his Avengers right now. He has a good premise, but his delivery is weak right now on a lot of levels, and given his Thor, and his Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine, it's disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.