• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
6dbc49047ddc55d266ddf6c38d30a73063669dea.gifv

This Iron Studios piece is nice. A bit steep at $200 for 1/10 scale, though.

wonder-woman-deluxe_dc-comics_gallery_5e682775d2b2f.jpg

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I was happy to read Snotgirl again... But then it ended with a nice message saying it's going on hiatus again sigh

I really enjoy this comic and I really don't mind delays because well, creators are people, but it was a real gut punch
Oh no, really? I was looking forward to reading the series again :(

Nah

I'll never forgive Waid for that godawful Kang arc
Hey, the sencond kang arc was kinda fun and had some great Del Mundo art

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Mech Cadet Yu v1 was pretty good fun. Rather straightforward but I enjoyed it. Though, I don't know why asshole characters always need a redemption/justification arc. Just have the main case drop the fuckers, let kids reading it also realise they can cut txocity out of their life.

Also enjoyed Young Justice v1, looking forward to v2. A good introduction to the team. Though Bendis tried real hard to fuck it for me with all the weird editing. Yesterday! Two Weeks Ago! A little while ago (while we are in Two Weeks Ago!). Fucking hell. Just trust in your story telling to let it read straight. Don't try to go all Suicide Squad cutting with it.

(I also now believe writers are paid a bounty for every Batman name drop. He got mentioned like a 100 times for no reason at all).

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else read The Graveyard Book? It's actually quite great. I thought it'd be a fun romp, knowing Gaiman's brilliant but third-party adaptations rarely recapture the magic, but it's really good. Whimsical, but with a touch of horror like Gaiman seems to do with everything he writes.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else read The Graveyard Book? It's actually quite great. I thought it'd be a fun romp, knowing Gaiman's brilliant but third-party adaptations rarely recapture the magic, but it's really good. Whimsical, but with a touch of horror like Gaiman seems to do with everything he writes.
Love it! I have a signed copy. :)

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What if comics started the virus. You guys didn't heed the warning and you kept reading them.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Valiant is giving away free stuff via their Twitter.

So far they've posted a full download of The Valiant, which is honestly one of the best things they've ever released, if any of you poor souls need an excuse to dive into this ugly trash.

UGMTI3V.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Previews for the Wanted books like New Warriors, Champions, and Power Pack:

www.bleedingcool.com

Wanted: Previews Of New Warriors, Champions and Power Pack Outlawed Marvel Launches

This week's Marvel Comics titles listed ads for upcoming tie-ins to the Outlawed event, with ads for the launch of Champions, Power Pack and tie-in comics

They all have great art, but especially Champions!

EDIT: Also sounds like the DC Generation one shots are being delayed, not cancelled, so they can make some "tweaks" lol. Which makes sense I guess.

Bleeding Cool has been asking around and, from very senior sources, was told that Generation Two hasn't been cancelled but delayed so that 'tweaks' can be made. It is possible that Generation One, solicited for May may be also delayed for similar tweaking.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Looks like Valiant is giving away free stuff via their Twitter.

So far they've posted a full download of The Valiant, which is honestly one of the best things they've ever released, if any of you poor souls need an excuse to dive into this ugly trash.

UGMTI3V.jpg

The Valiant is one of the only Valiant books I read and I can confirm it's very good with hideous art. /s

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Previews for the Wanted books like New Warriors, Champions, and Power Pack:

www.bleedingcool.com

Wanted: Previews Of New Warriors, Champions and Power Pack Outlawed Marvel Launches

This week's Marvel Comics titles listed ads for upcoming tie-ins to the Outlawed event, with ads for the launch of Champions, Power Pack and tie-in comics

They all have great art, but especially Champions!

EDIT: Also sounds like the DC Generation one shots are being delayed, not cancelled, so they can make some "tweaks" lol. Which makes sense I guess.

I feel like I'm unreasonably excited for this year's Marvel events that we know about. Outlawed, Empyre, and X of Swords have me all hot and bothered.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I hope the rest of Bone comes to my library before they potentially close down. My friend works at one of the few public libraries in the US that has closed so far, but I imagine it'll become more common real soon.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Speaking of the library, they fucked up on my account a month or so ago. Huge fuck up for them, but really amazing for me. There were three books that had been marked as "in transit" for almost a year, and I kept bringing up to them that it'd be nice if those got removed since they're likely lost. They finally sent it to somebody in operations, because the regular library workers were unable to remove them themselves. I think the way ops resolved the issue was that they had to give my account additional privileges so that those could be removed... but they forgot to take those privileges away. I used to be able to renew local library district items 3 times; I can now renew them 6 times. I'm also now incapable of receiving late fees.

Typically, I don't feel comfortable in situations like this and report them, but sorry library, I've given you a decent amount of money over the years and don't feel too bad about keeping my new powers. I won't abuse the late fee thing, because that doesn't seem fair, but otherwise... eh. Now you know my deep and dark secret. whatsinaname am I a bad person? I'm sure I've lost what little respect I may have had with Tim haha.

Aizō thirsting for some Bone.
I had three Bones within a few days, and now I need more!!!

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the library, they fucked up on my account a month or so ago. Huge fuck up for them, but really amazing for me. There were three books that had been marked as "in transit" for almost a year, and I kept bringing up to them that it'd be nice if those got removed since they're likely lost. They finally sent it to somebody in operations, because the regular library workers were unable to remove them themselves. I think the way ops resolved the issue was that they had to give my account additional privileges so that those could be removed... but they forgot to take those privileges away. I used to be able to renew local library district items 3 times; I can now renew them 6 times. I'm also now incapable of receiving late fees.

Typically, I don't feel comfortable in situations like this and report them, but sorry library, I've given you a decent amount of money over the years and don't feel too bad about keeping my new powers. I won't abuse the late fee thing, because that doesn't seem fair, but otherwise... eh. Now you know my deep and dark secret. whatsinaname am I a bad person? I'm sure I've lost what little respect I may have had with Tim haha.

I had three Bones within a few days, and now I need more!!!
nice! with great power comes great responsibility.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
nice! with great power comes great responsibility.
Yeah. I don't wanna abuse it, because I really love the library as an institution, but I also don't want to completely give up the benefit I have right now. Knowing me, I'll probably feel too guilty at some point and report it to them, because I do feel having this is somewhat unethical.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the rest of Bone comes to my library before they potentially close down. My friend works at one of the few public libraries in the US that has closed so far, but I imagine it'll become more common real soon.

What part of the country are you in? Every public library system near me is closed for at least the next two weeks

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speaking about Blade Runner, did anyone read this?

1MiKizk.jpg

I was gonna get it but the art turned me off of it. I mean, it's not bad by any stretch of the word but I feel like Blade Runner needs amazing art and not just decent art.
I really liked it. It definitely captured the tone you'd expect from Blade Runner and the book's main mystery reeled me in. It's written by one of the 2049 writers which was one of the main reasons I gave it a chance. I thought the artwork was a pretty good fit as well.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
What if comics started the virus. You guys didn't heed the warning and you kept reading them.
Shonen Jumps are the only safe option left.
Yeah. I don't wanna abuse it, because I really love the library as an institution, but I also don't want to completely give up the benefit I have right now. Knowing me, I'll probably feel too guilty at some point and report it to them, because I do feel having this is somewhat unethical.
What are ethics in 2020?
Ahmed's doing a good job with Ms Marvel. Dare I say possibly better than GWW
I thought the earlier GWW run was great, but she really failed in pushing forward the Bruno romance far enough, which Ahmed is doing.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020

Typically, I don't feel comfortable in situations like this and report them, but sorry library, I've given you a decent amount of money over the years and don't feel too bad about keeping my new powers. I won't abuse the late fee thing, because that doesn't seem fair, but otherwise... eh. Now you know my deep and dark secret. @whatsinaname am I a bad person? I'm sure I've lost what little respect I may have had with Tim haha.
Hah, I don't think I would even notice this. I don't think I've ever renewed anything more than once, and I usually return things way earlier than I have to.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
WELP ALL NON-ESSENTIAL RETAIL OUTLETS ARE GONNA CLOSE SO I'M FUCKED FOR THE WEEK THAT'S HOT BULLSHIT HERE'S A LIST ANYWAY

Bang! #2
Aquaman #58
Batman #91
Justice League #43
The Low Low Woods #4
Plunge #2
Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #9
Teen Titans #40
Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #4
Guardians of the Galaxy #3
X-Force #9

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the earlier GWW run was great, but she really failed in pushing forward the Bruno romance far enough, which Ahmed is doing.
GWW's stuff is good all the way through. My big problem with it is that she never really expands on anything she introduces. She constantly brings things in, but stays tight to the line. The reason I like the solo Kamala stuff, when Bruno's gone and then she leaves to go to Pakistan or when the gang pretends to be Ms Marvel, is because that all actually felt different. But even then it just all resets and has the same tone or whatever. It doesn't feel like it has too lasting of an impact beyond the Civil War 2 arc.

GWW's stuff is great if you want a consistently wholesome teen superhero book, but if you want anything with expansion and development, Ahmed's doing that shit.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
hell yeah X-Ray Robot week!

X-RAY ROBOT #1

AQUAMAN #58
DCEASED UNKILLABLES #2
SUPERMANS PAL JIMMY OLSEN #9

CAPTAIN MARVEL #16
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #3

ALIENATED #2

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
WELP ALL NON-ESSENTIAL RETAIL OUTLETS ARE GONNA CLOSE SO I'M FUCKED FOR THE WEEK THAT'S HOT BULLSHIT HERE'S A LIST ANYWAY

Bang! #2
Aquaman #58
Batman #91
Justice League #43
The Low Low Woods #4
Plunge #2
Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #9
Teen Titans #40
Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #4
Guardians of the Galaxy #3
X-Force #9

Digital never closes

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Like, Batman and the Outsiders is a really good action comic, but I'm having a hard time digesting the bleakness and the manipulative hypocrisy of it all

Am I in an abusive relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.