• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
honestly after a take this bad I don't think I can in good conscience keep engaging with this community

YOU LET THIS HAPPEN

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
just look at that first page, look at that one wordless panel of Bruce wryly smiling, and how without a goddamn word this tells you exactly what he just figured out, how dare you people talk smack about Mikel Janin, sorry, but HOW

Janin on an ongoing is not the same artist as Janin on 10 pages. Also that colorist is doing work.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Rave pls. This is just a thing we're never going to agree on. Like idolm@ster.
tumblr_olwvu2ZGME1s5f9ado2_500.gifv

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Took me a bit to decide but I've decided to get the first Morrison Batman omnibus. I need something else that's $6.50 to qualify for the free shipping as the omni is only $43.50.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Truly believe no other writer but Morrison can pull something like this off. Snyder might have tried but yeah, successfully? All Morrison.
I 100% agree. About Snyder and Morrison. I loved his JL at first (Metal) because it felt like he was channeling Morrison which he's been doing since Black Mirror. But reading until the Hawkgirl/Martian MM arc is trying and the multiple forces are dumb as hell.
This came up a few times recently. There are people in this thread that don't like the Doom Patrol art for some reason.
Those people are wrong.
Took me a bit to decide but I've decided to get the first Morrison Batman omnibus. I need something else that's $6.50 to qualify for the free shipping as the omni is only $43.50.
Shit, I need this so bad. I've been waiting cause I have the HC's but after Omni 2 I have the urge.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speaking of Morrison omnibuses, my New X-Men omnibus arrived today. It's my first omnibus though I've talked myself out of buying quite a few over the years. It looks fantastic. Now I need to find a way to read it without it crushing me into a red pulp.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy Shonen Jumps anymore I'm sorry. :<

gOGgrmG.png

How about this then.

Love & Rockets Library Jaime GN Vol 01 Maggie Mechanic (New - InStockTrades

Trade paperbacks from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and more! Discounted up to 42% off. No shipping on orders over $50.

or this

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up Marvel Universe Ogn HC - InStockTrades

Trade paperbacks from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and more! Discounted up to 42% off. No shipping on orders over $50.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
"Why would you want a banner for a dead comic"

Freeza on me wanting a Saga banner for the op. The creative process is hard.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My weeb phase has fizzled out from when I was a teenager alright.
gOGgrmG.png

How about this then.

Love & Rockets Library Jaime GN Vol 01 Maggie Mechanic (New - InStockTrades

or this

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up Marvel Universe Ogn HC - InStockTrades

Both of these sound great. Think I'll go with Squirrel Girl because that sounds hilarious.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Allred got to do that weird Forager book for Young Animal. So there's that at least!

I'd say they'd probably want to relaunch the New Gods when the movie comes out, but it'd probably be a grounded, "widescreen" version, tonally. (And they'd be surprised when it bombs.)

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Hm...on second thought I'll get Sunstone.

Thank you Sir. I hope you enjoy it. It's really lovely and gets better as it goes.

I wanted to commission Allred to draw Harley meeting the Doom Patrol just to annoy people. Maybe I'll get her to be a New God

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
You made him pick Sunstone over USG Messi. You go on the 🐍 list.
And like that, the third Snake was revealed. Messi, known initially as The First Accuser, was secretly culpable in the formation of the elusive group which ravaged his homeland. With two Snakes left and time quickly running out, fear may overcome civilization. One former Snake now fights against his original allies, though he may not be enough. The future proves unstable after the return of a great warrior, now revealed with a new name and face. Could she spell salvation or destruction—will she slither or stand tall?​

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How did the Svengoolie jokes start again?
didio's just a huge svengoolie fan to start, apparently. but the jokes started around when they announced didio was personally writing a svengoolie comic series for dc comics last year. like, used his power as publisher to make it happen. fucking svengoolie. i forget what it was but i made a lame, too-serious comment about didio abusing his power to make a svengoolie comic while another comic (i forget which) was getting canceled for low sales. i still stand by that sentiment. the jokes started pretty soon after.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
didio's just a huge svengoolie fan to start, apparently. but the jokes started around when they announced didio was personally writing a svengoolie comic series for dc comics last year. like, used his power as publisher to make it happen. fucking svengoolie. i forget what it was but i made a lame, too-serious comment about didio abusing his power to make a svengoolie comic while another comic (i forget which) was getting canceled for low sales. i still stand by that sentiment. the jokes started pretty soon after.

I really hope this shit factored into his sacking. Just a shitty, unattractive pet project that had no real audience. I don't think the MeTV crowd gives a shit about modern comics.

Snake

Oct 25, 2017
if only didio could have gotten Svengoolie on the roster of Justice League Dark before he was fired. a missed opportunity that we will feel for the rest of our days

Status
Not open for further replies.